The Brexit Thread - Page 33 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, aaid said:

No reason there would be.

Scotch Whisky

Not long off call with PM. She tried to tell me Scotland’s ‘distinctive’ interests had been protected. I pointed out that there isn’t a single mention of Scotland in the agreement, that it disregards our interests, and puts Scotland at a serious competitive disadvantage.

Edited by Ally Bongo

Funny how Alan always is MIA from threads like this, you know ones where the catastrophe that is the Conservative party are being discussed and how they have managed to create an economic and political mess of such gigantic proportions it almost defies belief. He will no doubt surface in the smoking ruin of it all to post a thread about an SNP Councillor who dropped a sweetie wrapper somewhere 10 years ago.

If she gets this "deal" through, is there really that much in this "deal" that would adversely affect the majority of people's lives all that much? I obviously haven't read the document. I'm only going by what has been spouted in the media so far, so I might have missed something (or maybe missed a lot?).

I'm starting to think that maybe this is just about the best deal that she could have come up with.  

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If she gets this "deal" through, is there really that much in this "deal" that would adversely affect the majority of people's lives all that much? I obviously haven't read the document. I'm only going by what has been spouted in the media so far, so I might have missed something (or maybe missed a lot?).

I'm starting to think that maybe this is just about the best deal that she could have come up with.  

Apart from those with access to the long-winded document we only know snippets of what is in it. Some MP's have already hinted at what is in it such as Northern Ireland staying more closely linked and tied into EU deals than the rest of the UK. Is that fair at all? I say it certainly isn't. If May could negotiate such a deal for NI then she should have for Scotland considering that she is basically pandering to the DUP who hold a minority view about the union in Stormont plus bear in mind a bigger percentage of Scotland voted to remain than in NI. And this issue, I would say, is the mere tip of the iceberg.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I see somebody else is thinking along the same lines a as me.

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-question-begged/

So the UK would have snarling dogs, barbed wire, minefields and riot police all over its front lawn (facing Calais, which the newly-departed Brexit minister recently discovered is in a foreign country across a sea), but would be leaving its back door unlocked, unguarded and swinging open in the breeze next to a 50-foot-high billboard saying “COME RIGHT IN, JOHNNY FOREIGN!”

Reminds me of this. 

Dominic Raab has effectively sh@t the bed in his hotel room and is now down at the reception desk, ringing the bell angrily and demanding to speak to management about the smell in his room.

The fecker has been in receipt of a ministerial salary, so what has he been doing to earn it?

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Anyone else getting promoted tweets from Number 10 telling me to support the deal in the national interest?

Nope. I'm obviously considered a lost cause by their algorithms, which makes I'm rather proud of tbh.