The Brexit Thread - Page 210 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

Transport minister still denying Brexit has anything to do with the lorry driver shortages despite the Road Haulage Association saying it was a cocktail of chaos. 

He says other European countries have the same problem,  yet agrees to look at short term visas to bring drivers over from, err, Europe 🙄

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.sky.com/story/amp/motorists-told-to-carry-on-as-normal-when-buying-fuel-after-bp-shut-some-petrol-stations-12416215

In another interview he actually tries to spin Brexit as being a positive aspect of the crisis by saying we can interview for more drivers now than when we were part of the EU . 

41 minutes ago, chaff said:

Just think of all the carbon we're not creating having so few trucks on the road, surely that's a positive, we'll all starve but at least thunberg will be pleased.

Professional gardeners pump CO2 into greenhouses to make the plants grow huge. High CO2 is regreening the planet in ways these climate change wanks can only dream of.

All they care about is rising sea levels that threaten humans. No care about loss of species or habitats. Fuck them and fuck humans I’d say.

Plants love CO2.  How do these ‘environmentalists not know this? Oh yeah it is because they are a bunch of woke twats with no education.

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I wish they'd done it decades ago.   I seem to remember a (Scottish?) judge sided with a wee wumin with no teeth and prevented it.

More Brexit nonsense from UK Government, GB car number plate stickers no longer valid abroad. Now you've got to have UK plate or signifier.  Petrol shortages, Covid shambles,  food shortages, not enough HGV drivers and all these flag waving idiots do is add yet another unnecessary expense to people to fuel their myth of a United Kingdom.

4 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

More Brexit nonsense from UK Government, GB car number plate stickers no longer valid abroad. Now you've got to have UK plate or signifier.  Petrol shortages, Covid shambles,  food shortages, not enough HGV drivers and all these flag waving idiots do is add yet another unnecessary expense to people to fuel their myth of a United Kingdom.

Why? Are they paranoid that 'GB' could be taken to mean they're not specifically claiming NI?

14 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

I have never used a GB sticker and if I ever take my car to Europe again, I certainly won't be putting a UK sticker on it.  Have always used a SCO sticker and will continue to do so.  Never had the slightest problem.

4 hours ago, Alibi said:

I have never used a GB sticker and if I ever take my car to Europe again, I certainly won't be putting a UK sticker on it.  Have always used a SCO sticker and will continue to do so.  Never had the slightest problem.

I can't see using a Scotland sticker being an issue. After all, as unionists are so fond of reminding us, Scotland is part of the UK, so surely it' shouldn't matter. 🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2021 at 9:32 AM, Alibi said:

This.

And who's going to shop us?

• 2 weeks later...