The Brexit Thread - Page 209 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Anybody stocking up for Xmas yet?

https://www.survivalcavefood.com/

Do you ship outside of the USA?
No at this time we only ship to the continental USA. We can ship to Hawaii and Puerto Rico but there is an additional charge.

You're out of luck.
Funnily enough no toilet rolls in Tesco today, i've still got 14,000 left from March 2020 though so all good

2 hours ago, phart said:

You're out of luck.

Funnily enough no toilet rolls in Tesco today, i've still got 14,000 left from March 2020 though so all good

Ach, plenty more tinned turkey out there.   Though I had a chicken in Brewdog once where they put the tin in the chicken, poor wee thing.

5 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Ach, plenty more tinned turkey out there.   Though I had a chicken in Brewdog once where they put the tin in the chicken, poor wee thing.

I had some punk IPA last week, it was actually alright. Was due to go to the one in Glasgow last summer but obviously that got scuppered with restrictions, maybe next year!

1 hour ago, chaff said:

When i am king i am going to close down the daily mail and daily express

Our local pub/restaurant  ran out of the 3 most popular beers last week , non of them British, due to lack of supply . But its ok because we can have a crown stamp on our empty glasses. 

On 9/14/2021 at 8:47 AM, chaff said:

I want civil unrest by Christmas

I don't think this country is capable of that apart from maybe some of the marginalised communities but I am not sure they would even do so over this. 😞

Agreed.

Why is the population of these islands so pathetic and brow beaten? Why do they trust the government so much?

We're looking at the very real prospect of food shortages and utility bills going through the roof, but some don themselves in union flags, march through the streets singing rule britannia.

Glasgowredz I think it was pointed out many years ago on here that Scots are pussies when it comes to civil unrest. The poll tax was introduced into Scotland by Thatcher a year before it was in England and we just took it. When they introduced it in England they rioted and ultimately it cost Thatcher her job.

For historical reason Scots are utterly subjugated and 'domesticated' as a people (as we saw in 2014 as well).

All the fighters left on boats long ago and continue to leave to this day, generation after generation. It is sad really. Especially when you consider what we used to be like.

Edited by thplinth

If it kicks off in London like it did when the police shot that armed drug dealer in Tottenham (was it?) then given the way they have defunded the police and fire services I think you could see large parts of the city burnt to the ground. It was getting close the last time they rioted and that was over nothing in comparison to what it would be like if everyone was going for it this time around. They'd have to bring in the army to stop it.

Personally I think it is a question of when not if. Just waiting for an ignition point...

edit: I think covid is also adding a lot of fuel to the growing heap of dissatisfaction. 

Edited by thplinth

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Glasgowredz I think it was pointed out many years ago on here that Scots are pussies when it comes to civil unrest. The poll tax was introduced into Scotland by Thatcher a year before it was in England and we just took it. When they introduced it in England they rioted and ultimately it cost Thatcher her job.

For historical reason Scots are utterly subjugated and 'domesticated' as a people (as we saw in 2014 as well).

All the fighters left on boats long ago and continue to leave to this day, generation after generation. It is sad really. Especially when you consider what we used to be like.

I was going to mention that in my post. we are a bunch of shitebags with a reputation of being mental.

12 hours ago, thplinth said:

If it kicks off in London like it did when the police shot that armed drug dealer in Tottenham (was it?) then given the way they have defunded the police and fire services I think you could see large parts of the city burnt to the ground. It was getting close the last time they rioted and that was over nothing in comparison to what it would be like if everyone was going for it this time around. They'd have to bring in the army to stop it.

Personally I think it is a question of when not if. Just waiting for an ignition point...

edit: I think covid is also adding a lot of fuel to the growing heap of dissatisfaction. 

I reckon if this gas shortage also results in a shortage of beer, that might be the final straw!

Seriously, if there are shortages over the Christmas period then I can see there being a lot of very angry people out there.

7 hours ago, chaff said:

I was going to mention that in my post. we are a bunch of shitebags with a reputation of being mental.

Either shitebags or just unfathomably stupid.

I mean, what other country, after learning that it has vast energy reserves worth a fortune, enough to completely transform the place, would just stand there like dumb cattle and watch it being syphoned off, year after year after year, with only pocket change being slung back as compensation?

On 9/22/2021 at 11:31 PM, scotlad said:

Either shitebags or just unfathomably stupid.

I mean, what other country, after learning that it has vast energy reserves worth a fortune, enough to completely transform the place, would just stand there like dumb cattle and watch it being syphoned off, year after year after year, with only pocket change being slung back as compensation?

A large proportion of No voters have been brought up over the years to fully believe the "too wee, too poor, too stupid argument" and it's so ingrained they are unable to think themselves out of it. Thankfully it doesn't apply to everyone over a certain age but there's a reason that, in general, young folk want independence and old folk don't.

On 9/22/2021 at 10:45 AM, thplinth said:

I am not convinced England is any better these days. Yes some of the more marginalised will stand up and be counted but generally protest is sneered at in England. I envy the French!