The Brexit Thread - Page 207 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

901A4EDA-09F8-4BC4-851A-C79F4ADF40D8.jpeg

Doing fine for an Indian friend of mine who can now apply to the UK on equal terms with someone from the EU.   

Improvement overall due to the rest of the world being bigger than the EU.   

Soooo glad brexit happened and its only going to get better.   Cheaper food on the way too. 

Loads of advantages 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone tried buying appliances recently? there's fk all stock available... the bastart govt in England is getting away with this because of covid, which they've fucked up as well right enough but Brexit is just a disgrace, it's economic vandalism and they just don't give a fk. 

Edited by Bzzzz

15 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Anyone tried buying appliances recently? there's fk all stock available... the bastart govt in England is getting away with this because of covid, which they've fucked up as well right enough but Brexit is just a disgrace, it's economic vandalism and they just don't give a fk. 

I'm sure a few of the appliances have been held up at the Suez 

However I agree with your overall point.

Brexiteers are loving this ... I mean  no foreigners allowed in the country this year....

Holidays in blighty.... 

8 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

When things reopen and there is a bounce it will be ‘look how well the economy is doing , Brexit was the right choice’. Lots of flag waving .

There will be no direct comparison of how things were pre covid, it will be gauged from a very low covid base , they will get away with it without a doubt. 

6 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

When things reopen and there is a bounce it will be ‘look how well the economy is doing , Brexit was the right choice’. Lots of flag waving .

There will be no direct comparison of how things were pre covid, it will be gauged from a very low covid base , they will get away with it without a doubt. 

I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if they are deliberately exacerbating the effects of covid to lower that covid base as you put it. 

This pandemic has been an absolute godsend for the people who would look to mask the effects of Brexit.

• 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Very little reporting on loyalist violence in N. Ireland. Forty police injured since it started. Assume its about the Irish Sea border. Not making many headlines tho, strange that 🤔

Heard it on Radio 4 a couple of days ago and they spoke about it for a good couple of minutes without once mentioning what had caused it - funny that aye! 

17 hours ago, phart said:

The export taxes have come as a surprise to a lot of companies. I havent saw much in the news about it either, unsurprisingly. Someone I know who, on questioning the tax with the UK government, was simply told to sell to the US instead. They already do so there is no new market there. 

The response from a European customs dept when questioning the tax was ‘see the Brexit agreement and speak to Boris Johnson. ‘

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Every time I read a Brexiteer complaining about Brexit making their life, business, holidays, working conditions etc worse, I get a happy glow. One of life’s genuine nice moments these days. 

The funniest ones are the expats in Spain who voted Leave all of a sudden complaining they are being flung out for being illegal immigrants 🤣🤣🤣🤣

You honestly couldn’t make it up. Fuck them. Have no sympathy for these swivel eyed wankers 

On 5/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, TDYER63 said:

Jersey left in the dark. But hey, it has given the opportunity for Bojo to roll out the warships so all is not lost. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/05/uk-hits-back-at-french-threat-to-cut-jerseys-electricity-supply

That is shocking behaviour from France. Between this and the whole vaccine export embarrassment the EU seem genuinely rattled by Brexit. 

They are actually managing to make a bigger cunt of themselves than the UK, which is a big turn up for the books. 

We are all remainers here, but let's not kid ourselves...the EU is a horrible institution and seem determined to remind everybody of that. 

Edited by Morrisandmoo

7 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That is shocking behaviour from France. Between this and the whole vaccine export embarrassment the EU seem genuinely rattled by Brexit. 

They are actually managing to make a bigger cunt of themselves than the UK, which is a big turn up for the books. 

We are all remainers here, but let's not kid ourselves...the EU is a horrible institution and seem determined to remind everybody of that. 

Dont disagree but my point is that Boris Johnson’s shitty, pig in a poke of a deal  has managed to please just about no-one in the fishing industry and  escalated to this. Whatever you think of France I doubt their boats arrived in Jersey for no reason whatsoever. And I doubt very much the EU are rattled. 
I am neither here nor there with the EU , I would probably prefer to be in it but if an independent Scotland was  dependant on us not rejoining I would have no problem with that.