The Brexit Thread - Page 206 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

13 hours ago, phart said:

My other half’s mum got all outraged at the EU last week when I told her that the Asics trainers we returned on 31/12/2020 (destined for Belgium) are still stuck at UK customs. 

I’ve been trying to return a separate item to Germany the last couple of weekends without any success. Pre-Brexit, UPS access point used to just scan the box label, i’d get w receipt and that was it. Now it needs additional invoice copies and customs declaration. I‘ve had to email the company to ask for these forms ... they’re playing catch-up after having to completely re-write processes overnight. Shock! 

Anyway... the other half’s mum thinks the EU are to blame as this has all worked fine for 40 years.  The concept of ‘levelling the playing field’ as a result of choosing not to be in a customs union  is lost on her. 

Similar to your post above - people ideologically opposed to the EU shaped the arguments to suit in their head and now don’t want any responsibility for the fall-out. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

• 2 weeks later...

Brexit-backing Sunderland says it is not receiving same level of funding outside EU

"I don’t think the Government has any intention to give us pound for pound what we had,” Council leader Graeme Miller said.

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/politics/brexit-backing-sunderland-says-it-is-not-receiving-same-level-of-funding-outside-eu-222122/

4 hours ago, kumnio said:

How anyone can read these things and not think you stupid mackem fucks, is beyond me. Are these people really so stupid. 

Mate. 1998 Did a test run face painting at the Wembley play off twixt the Makems and Charlton .

multiple Mackems wanted FTM painted on them and their kids because it meant ‘ fuck the Mags ‘ to them . True story. 

2L_vK3vwmXZt4tGBU5XDvk6mXQbwxWYPXVYNFd2I

A majority of Britons aren't satisfied with how Brexit turned out

A majority of Britons are not satisfied with the post-Brexit trade agreement that Boris Johnson secured with the European Union, according to a survey that provides the first detailed insight into the nation's attitude towards the deal since it took effect.

The report, published by the British Foreign Policy Group, an independent think tank advocating for a stronger UK global presence, shows that under a quarter of those surveyed believe the Prime Minister's deal is "the best framework for our relationship with the EU moving forward."

17 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

EU parliament shelves vote on Brexit deal after Boris Johnson ‘violates’ agreement

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-deal-vote-ratification-boris-johnson-b1812404.html%3famp

We don't really need to know this old history.  Brexit is gone and in the past.  

It's a bit like talking about the Punt in Ireland.  Pointless discussion. 

1 hour ago, colins96 said:

We don't really need to know this old history.  Brexit is gone and in the past.  

It's a bit like talking about the Punt in Ireland.  Pointless discussion. 

Not really. It'll be fully used to encourage people to vote for Scottish Independence. So still very relevant. 👍

• 2 weeks later...