The Brexit Thread - Page 203 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

Cornish fishermen are concerned about the future of their jobs as shellfish exports to the European Union have stopped since the UK left the EU .

"The boats are sat there gathering dust," said one fisherman.

Since 1 January only ready to eat shellfish accompanied by an export health certificate (EHC) can be sent to the EU.

This is due to change in April, but Defra said it was working to allow all shellfish exports sooner.

2 minutes ago, Kirk said:

Did fishermen not vote the torys in and vote for brexit? 
I realise not all will have but many will have. Maybe they will eventually waken up

No certain sectors did, whitefish lads and pelagic, however The inshore fishermen(creel for lobster and crab) did not, especially the west coast lads who this is mostly effecting 

16 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

No certain sectors did, whitefish lads and pelagic, however The inshore fishermen(creel for lobster and crab) did not, especially the west coast lads who this is mostly effecting 

Fair doos, i won't tar them all the same then.
It is an absolute farce now, feel sorry for a lot of people who are going to lose businesses etc due to this and covid

2 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I got as far as the 3rd comment and stopped. The SNP are apparently to blame.

The only failing i can lay at the snp’s door in this whole saga is that there are not enough VETS and health officers to sign off the paper work, they have had a while to get this organised however its easy saying that but recruitment has been an issue and also they had no idea what the deal was going to look like 

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Absolutely insane, it really shows the lack of competence 

Duguid not doing himself any favours on GMS this morning - "How long will it take to sort this mess out" - "How long is a piece of string"

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

Duguid not doing himself any favours on GMS this morning - "How long will it take to sort this mess out" - "How long is a piece of string"

Was he on? Damn i would have liked to have heard him squirm, the amount of bullshit he spouted to get elected was criminal 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The only failing i can lay at the snp’s door in this whole saga is that there are not enough VETS and health officers to sign off the paper work, they have had a while to get this organised however its easy saying that but recruitment has been an issue and also they had no idea what the deal was going to look like 

How long have they known what the requirements were going to be? How long does it take to train a vet?

Even a slag witch can't magic them out of thin air.

Edited by Orraloon

5 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I was going to post that second link yesterday but forgot, to highlight how much of the EU fund was being given to Ireland. They are getting more than any other EU nation.

Does anyone know how much Scotland is getting from the UK to offset the Brexit impact ? 
I could only see what has been awarded over the past few years to deal with the preparation I imagine, which was about £100 mio.