The Brexit Thread - Page 176 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

On 10/30/2019 at 6:28 PM, Ally Bongo said:

BBC Scotland runs an NHS bad story daily for the last 5 years - despite NHS Scotland being the best performance wise in the UK

Unionist Politicians attack the SNP weekly with Scottish NHS bad stories - despite NHS Scotland being better than those in England, Wales and NI

Unionist media run with regular Scottish NHS bad stories despite NHS Scotland being the best in the UK

Tory Politicians attack the SNP regularly in Westminster regarding Scottish NHS performance - despite it being the best in the UK

Today Boris Johnson threatens to take the Scottish NHS under Westminster control - despite it being the best run NHS in the UK

Scottish Tories laugh with glee

Yet Boris tells SNP that they may lose the right to  run the NHS in Scotland but NHS England figures at worst ever level.  He blames ‘ huge demand’. 

The figures show:

• 4.42 million patients on the waiting list
  • 84.8% of them waiting under 18 weeks - below the 92% target and the worst performance since the target started was introduced, in 2012
  • 83.6% of accident-and-emergency patients admitted or transferred within four hours - below the 95% target and the worst performance since the target started was introduced, in 2004
  • 76.9% of cancer patients starting treatment within 62 days - below the 85% target

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-50397856

20 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Read about the policeman one yesterday but fuck me the clip of the guy getting set alight is horrendous.  Do you think this is because it has been going on so long that anarchy was inevitable or that it has been helped along with outside interference - US maybe interfering or even possibly China to gain legitimacy in reasserting control?

I think the US will be up to their necks in it as they were in igniting the problems in Ukraine as they were in starting the mini war between Georgia and Russia a while back etc etc. They are desperately trying to provoke a big heavy handed crackdown from mainland China but the Chinese seem to be wise to this and are showing remarkable constraint. If protestors were pulling this sort of stuff in the USA they would be slaughtered. 

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I think the US will be up to their necks in it as they were in igniting the problems in Ukraine as they were in starting the mini war between Georgia and Russia a while back etc etc. They are desperately trying to provoke a big heavy handed crackdown from mainland China but the Chinese seem to be wise to this and are showing remarkable constraint. If protestors were pulling this sort of stuff in the USA they would be slaughtered. 

You can see it in their media, there are two simultaneous protests going on in Hong Kong and Chile.

In HK it is protestors fighting for freedom, in Chile it's rioters.

The US is against China and for Chile.

Both the Hong Kong Protestors and Chilean Protestors have been giving big tips on how to handle the tactics of civilian control, defuse tier gas, how to bring down dronse etc

The Chilean police have been blinding protestors somthing like 200+ eye injuries in one day, the next day the protestors rocked up with lasers like thousands of them, also i someome brought out what looked like a carbon monoxide blue laser it doesn't even look real it;s something from a  lab. It's fucking mental.

This is like cyberpunk or bladerunner shit

3 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Went digging into the comments, as i wanted to know how exactly lasers could bring down a drone. :unsure:

Seems it was a controlled descent

https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1194645624387493888

What do they mean it's not real? The footage is faked? doctored?

Also " Drones navigate with GPS (radio waves), not via light. " Radio waves and light waves are both electromagnetic waves i'm not sure what distinction he is trying to make. The Electrical Engineer i spoke to mentioned possible to overload diodes but he wasn't sure and it was flying erratically.

The video posted doesn't show anything.

The guy posts " i been close like 2 mts from this scene and happened that the owner of the drone are in the middle receiving the drone. was a controlled descent. Here is the video."

then posts this video

We see someone with a drone in their hands.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

Also " Drones navigate with GPS (radio waves), not via light. " Radio waves and light waves are both electromagnetic waves i'm not sure what distinction he is trying to make. The Electrical Engineer i spoke to mentioned possible to overload diodes but he wasn't sure and it was flying erratically.

My initial thought that was that the drones used some IR beam to measure their height from the ground. The lasers could mess that up, causing it to come down. But i dunno if that's how they gauge their height from the ground?

1 minute ago, phart said:

Either way it came down either cause the owner couldn't see shit and intiated it to come down or it was brought down, jump or push was the options it seems.

Pretty sure the owner doesn't need to be able to see though. They can fly completely automatically. The owner can literally just click points on a map and it'll fly there.

35 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

My initial thought that was that the drones used some IR beam to measure their height from the ground. The lasers could mess that up, causing it to come down. But i dunno if that's how they gauge their height from the ground?

Pretty sure the owner doesn't need to be able to see though. They can fly completely automatically. The owner can literally just click points on a map and it'll fly there.

I don't know how drones work well enough to make any educated guesses on how they measure altitude.

Well flying there is one thing doing anything useful is another. If you're trying to film something you do need to see, sure if you just want to fly your drone like an advanced 3d scaletrix set then sure you don't need to be able to see anything bar the drone. The Drone is just a fancy tripod for a camera same functionality, outwith races with them etc.

Hong Kong were using laser to fuck up cameras and other intelligence gathering methods (Facial recognition)

5 hours ago, phart said:

The video posted doesn't show anything.

The guy posts " i been close like 2 mts from this scene and happened that the owner of the drone are in the middle receiving the drone. was a controlled descent. Here is the video."

then posts this video

We see someone with a drone in their hands.

Really?

I do find it odd that the EU are seen as this 100% wonderful thing by pro indy folk. Spain just jailed the leadership of the independence movement in Catalonia for 'sedition' (what fecking century are we in again?) and for the most part the rest of the EU has just sat by idly as it all happened. A wee bit shocking I feel. Can you imagine if they had done the same here for sedition. It is really quite staggering what they have done and hardly a peep from anyone it seem like.

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I do find it odd that the EU are seen as this 100% wonderful thing by pro indy folk.

That’s just utter drivel though isn’t it. 

What’s the point of posting/debating when you know, I hope, that your opening line is a complete lie. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

I think I just missed out the word 'many' there. It was not meant to be every single person which would obviously be ridiculous. It seems to me like a lot do, give the EU free pass almost.

I find the 'complete lie' comment a bit much TBH. :blink:

Do you not have two untruths in the same sentence? I would think that very few of even the most ardent EU supporters (indy friendly or otherwise) would say that the EU is a "100% wonderful thing". Most of them will have some things about the EU that they are not too keen on.

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

I think I just missed out the word 'many' there. It was not meant to be every single person which would obviously be ridiculous. It seems to me like a lot do, give the EU free pass almost.

I find the 'complete lie' comment a bit much TBH. :blink:

I think most can see that the EU isn't ideal, there are many flaws that are clear to all, but they would prefer to be in it than out.

Identity politics, and identity everything else seems to be the new thing. People identify as something, or pro an idea, or against a concept etc, and seem to block out the negatives or positives that don't back up their opinion. Its not endemic to just the SNP, its across all of society, and seems more prevalent now than ever.

Hmm well in the Spain instance it would seem that is just another piece of evidence that countries in the EU are independent. It is Spain and Spain alone who have jailed the Catalonia independence movement for 'sedition' and Fanny Adams to do with the EU. The EU's inaction is just another piece of evidence to prove they are not a dictatorship and do not weigh in and try to order countries in the EU how to run their own internal affairs.

I don't remember anyone complaining about the UK government stance on Spain; I don't even know if they have a stance. Foreign policy is, surely, up to individual member states, so UK Govt ought to have a stance. 

Edited by exile

On 11/19/2019 at 10:20 AM, thplinth said:

I do find it odd that the EU are seen as this 100% wonderful thing by pro indy folk. Spain just jailed the leadership of the independence movement in Catalonia for 'sedition' (what fecking century are we in again?) and for the most part the rest of the EU has just sat by idly as it all happened. A wee bit shocking I feel. Can you imagine if they had done the same here for sedition. It is really quite staggering what they have done and hardly a peep from anyone it seem like.

i agree with you.  there's an undercurrent of EU is morally superior.  i tend to think, on the whole, they are better but I agree with your basic point.

they've done nothing when Spain have acted terribly when they could have.  being independent doesn't mean other countries or institutions you're a member of can't make their opinion known.  It's disgusting.  there's no other word for it.  The treatment of the Jordis in particular is shocking.

i want scotland to be a member but i agree it's a self serving institution that is quite ready to put principle at the back of the queue for greater gain.  the virtuous remainers are tiresome.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2019 at 9:12 PM, ThistleWhistle said:

Read about the policeman one yesterday but fuck me the clip of the guy getting set alight is horrendous.  Do you think this is because it has been going on so long that anarchy was inevitable or that it has been helped along with outside interference - US maybe interfering or even possibly China to gain legitimacy in reasserting control?

An interesting take on the HK protests.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:30 PM, thplinth said:

An interesting take on the HK protests.

Cheers for that – really interesting take on it.  The history of Britain taking Hong Kong and using it as a port to import opium into China was something I ignorantly never really realised or appreciated the scale of – I always presumed they used it to export from China rather than making a mint out of importing and hooking the locals on heroin. 

I’d known there was poverty in Hong Kong and had always ascribed it to China again as that’s typically the slant of the news – interesting take on it that they’re saying the protestors are essentially now really protesting against squalled living conditions and this is the responsibility of the capitalist landlords still benefiting from previous UK rule. 

Appreciate it is Russia Today but there’s a case to make around western governments and media poking the fire. 

1 minute ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Cheers for that – really interesting take on it.  The history of Britain taking Hong Kong and using it as a port to import opium into China was something I ignorantly never really realised or appreciated the scale of – I always presumed they used it to export from China rather than making a mint out of importing and hooking the locals on heroin. 

I’d known there was poverty in Hong Kong and had always ascribed it to China again as that’s typically the slant of the news – interesting take on it that they’re saying the protestors are essentially now really protesting against squalled living conditions and this is the responsibility of the capitalist landlords still benefiting from previous UK rule. 

Appreciate it is Russia Today but there’s a case to make around western governments and media poking the fire. 

I think the best propaganda is probably the other countries telling the truth about each other (mainly) and then lying about themselves.

Which supports my theory that it doesn't matter where you're from there will be absolute fannies in charge everywhere, cause why would a sound person want to be in charge of a country anyway?