The Brexit Thread - Page 141 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Aye it’s a surprise the mainstream media doesn’t have a wee handy definition when they are part of it 

Nah, the MSM has lots of different definitions for it, ranging from a general insult to far left and far right politics. None  as weird as pharts

22 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

with corproations with the same rights or better than humans

However it's good to know that Merkel and her ilk want 'corproations with the same rights or better than humans', whatever the fuck that means.

It's 2019 and not 1719

Globalisation, as in people and countries working together, should be good for humanity if done properly but obviously there are negative impacts

What is the alternative ?

Less Globalisation or a slow down because we are not really ready yet ?

A North Korea Utopia ?

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

Nah, the MSM has lots of different definitions for it, ranging from a general insult to far left and far right politics. None  as weird as pharts

However it's good to know that Merkel and her ilk want 'corproations with the same rights or better than humans', whatever the fuck that means.

You might find this documentary worthwhile 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Corporation_(2003_film)

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's 2019 and not 1719

Globalisation, as in people and countries working together, should be good for humanity if done properly but obviously there are negative impacts

What is the alternative ?

Less Globalisation or a slow down because we are not really ready yet ?

A North Korea Utopia ?

That utopia of globalisation doesn’t exist. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Brexit is a start

A start to what ?

Break the habit of a lifetime and expand on how Brexit is a start and what the end game is for an alternative for Globalisation particularly when a Brexiteer vapid line is "We'll have a Global UK" 

Brexit UK will still have to globalise if it wants trade deals with other countries - or is it just me that's being fucking stupid and obtuse ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1172398/brexit-latest-news-sajid-javid-brexit-no-deal-global-britain

Globslism is nothing new. Look at the Roman Empire, the reign of Napoleon, the rise of the Nazis and even the British Empire. Countries expanding out their control over the world imposing their values, beliefs and trade deals on others.

One difference is back in those days it was achieved with violence, wars and invasions with territories and countries taken by force and held through mistreatment of the colonials. Say whst you will about the EU bit at least there is none of that. The EU is an optional union not one brought about by invasion, divide and conquer.

16 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

A start to what ?

Break the habit of a lifetime and expand on how Brexit is a start and what the end game is for an alternative for Globalisation particularly when a Brexiteer vapid line is "We'll have a Global UK" 

Brexit UK will still have to globalise if it wants trade deals with other countries - or is it just me that's being fucking stupid and obtuse ?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1172398/brexit-latest-news-sajid-javid-brexit-no-deal-global-britain

An alternative to globalism. 

I’m not naive though to expect any significant changes.

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I’d settle for an actual Brexit and then the EU disbanding first of all.

Honestly man, get a grip. 

If failing to answer a simple question is beyond you, then what’s the point in you even posting. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Honestly man, get a grip. 

If failing to answer a simple question is beyond you, then what’s the point in you even posting. 

I’ve answered your question, if you’re not satisfied with the answer then so be it. 

If Westminster is incapable of delivering Brexit then there’s no current alternative to globalism that I can see in the world right now. 

I've seen my views change somewhat.  I see myself becoming more nationalist than i used to be.

religion is ridiculed.  national identity is the next communal ideology to be ridiculed.

I believe in peoples and a constantly molding national culture (welcoming and respected).  That was not a particularly controversial thing to say not so long ago.  It's become so in no time.  It almost feels like the elites are using racist idiots to throw national identity out with the dirty bathwater.  

This is a generational shift and Brexit the last swansong of people rebelling against this. Our children won't care about being Scottish or British or European.  

whether this is a good or bad thing, who knows.  I think it's a mistake but I don't see it making any difference. 

23 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

You’re okay mate. 

No worries mate. 

You're full of shite on threads now, plenty of posts, but completely void of any actual content, apart from bitter sniping. 

I hope the Aussie mental system is treating you well 👍