The Brexit Thread - Page 136 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone seen the letter which was allegedly sent by a ten year old to Farage 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦🏼‍♂️

I seen it on the fantastic DHOTYA ( didn’t happen of the year awards) twitter. What an absolute fanny 😂😂😂

20 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

One thing that often goes overlooked is the fact the Conservative party are the only party to proudly boast of being British Unionist. I wonder how unionists feel about blindly voting for such a party in turmoil with a potential leader that is held in contempt in so many circles.

brexitorscotland.jpg?w=768

4 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Has anyone else been getting those "Be a Brexit Braveheart" posters in their post ?

Was that the one I binned with a saltire & Farage on it with instructions to display prominently?

Edited by Grim Jim
Correct spelling of c*nt.

8 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

Was that the one I binned with a saltire & Farage on it with instructions to display prominently?

That's the one. Saltire and Onion Jack on the front. On the back a picture of Farage and a steam train on the Glenfinnan Viaduct.

Straight into the recycle bin it went. 

On 6/21/2019 at 10:30 AM, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

I despised her too at the time ; she had it in for Scotland for sure

however she did a lot to modernize the country ; which had to be done to stay competitive 

lot of the people who complained about her capitalist approach though have benefited hugely ; simple example the council house sales/dont recall too much protest about that

nobody cared about affordable housing for the poor when you get the chance to buy your own 

jeezo - that decimated the housing stock & is one of the current issues - & people were unlikely to complain if they were getting houses @ 20% of value - but for me was act of folly 

16 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

jeezo - that decimated the housing stock & is one of the current issues - & people were unlikely to complain if they were getting houses @ 20% of value - but for me was act of folly 

The problem with council house sales wasn't so much that the houses were sold off but that councils weren't allowed to reinvest the proceeds in new housing.  Consequently the housing stock didn't grow in the way it needed to.

Toe-curling performance on Newsnight from Brian Monteith MEP (the Scottish Brexiter MEP for the north east of England who lives in France). Having read some of his staunch British nationalist anti Scottish nationalist drivel in writing it was interesting to see his performance m in person. Quite funny when Maitliss compared them to Sinn Fein, did he not like that. Sadly for him if Scotland becomes independent and he's no longer an EU citizen in France, not sure where he will ever feel at home.

On 7/3/2019 at 3:41 AM, Toepoke said:

Absolute beamur from the Brexit party MEP's...

59950?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signat

I’m assuming the tartan army followers spouting faux outrage on social media about this never booed or turned their backs on the England, Northern Ireland or Lichtenstein anthems

If ALL the parties had worked together and delivered what the majority of the electorate had voted for then there wouldn’t have been any UK representatives over there

1 hour ago, UpTheSlope said:

I’m assuming the tartan army followers spouting faux outrage on social media about this never booed or turned their backs on the England, Northern Ireland or Lichtenstein anthems

If ALL the parties had worked together and delivered what the majority of the electorate had voted for then there wouldn’t have been any UK representatives over there

I'm pretty sure that the Tartan Army booing national anthems has been routinely criticised as boorish and childish.

And I'm pretty sure if a Scottish political party did the equivalent of booing the national anthem at a British state occasion, they would be roundly criticised too.

Edited by exile

1 hour ago, UpTheSlope said:

You're comparing the behaviour of football fans with that of elected politicians?  :huh:

9 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

Are you related to Csaba Wafflepish?

Edited by Farcity

12 hours ago, UpTheSlope said:

Indeed.

Unfortunately the plebs voted the wrong way

Looks like the utterly vile BBC have a new hatchet job lined up for Corbyn on TV tomorrow.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis/2019/07/08/labour-raises-serious-concerns-about-a-major-bbc-propaganda-offensive-about-to-be-aired/

I cannot truly express my feelings of contempt and loathing for the BBC, what a truly disgusting organization.

Maybe they should air their glowing documentary about Jimmy Saville after this Corbyn one.

House of Commons has just delivered a big fuck you to the DUP.  They've just passed an amendment that says if there's no Assembly in place by October 21, the SoS for NI will introduce legislation to legalise same sex marriage in NI.

Now voting on a similar amendment on abortion.

The SNP are voting for these amendments against their normal convention of not voting on devolved matters, they told the DUP that they got involved in Scottish matters by propping up the Tory government and pursuing a hard Brexit.

edit. The Abortion amendment has passed as well.

Edited by aaid