The Brexit Thread - Page 135 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

53 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I am pretty ambivalent on Brexit but what I cannot see is a reason to vote Tory.

I have (in the dim past) lived down in England for 20 years and even then I would never have dreamt of voting Tory. What exactly is their appeal? We are seeing again today what utter assholes they are following on from Thatcher who, herself, did so much damage. 

I despised her too at the time ; she had it in for Scotland for sure

however she did a lot to modernize the country ; which had to be done to stay competitive 

lot of the people who complained about her capitalist approach though have benefited hugely ; simple example the council house sales/dont recall too much protest about that

nobody cared about affordable housing for the poor when you get the chance to buy your own 

3 minutes ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

I despised her too at the time ; she had it in for Scotland for sure

however she did a lot to modernize the country ; which had to be done to stay competitive 

lot of the people who complained about her capitalist approach though have benefited hugely ; simple example the council house sales/dont recall too much protest about that

nobody cared about affordable housing for the poor when you get the chance to buy your own 

Christ ! what about Rosyth , shutting the mines etc , Poll Tax guinea pigs=how anyone Scottish could ever vote for her is beyond me

28 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Christ ! what about Rosyth , shutting the mines etc , Poll Tax guinea pigs=how anyone Scottish could ever vote for her is beyond me

My feelings exactly. And it was her who put privatisation in place making public services a free-for-all and generally worse service for all. Poll Tax and Miners' Strike says it all. Mass riots were caused on the streets of the UK because of Tory policies. I keep hearing from unionists about how bad the SNP are but I have yet to see their policies met with rioting and discontent of a Tory government. Why is that?

35 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

My feelings exactly. And it was her who put privatisation in place making public services a free-for-all and generally worse service for all. Poll Tax and Miners' Strike says it all. Mass riots were caused on the streets of the UK because of Tory policies. I keep hearing from unionists about how bad the SNP are but I have yet to see their policies met with rioting and discontent of a Tory government. Why is that?

Poll Tax riots were in London some time after they the system had been successfully rolled out on us serfs

13 minutes ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Poll Tax riots were in London some time after they the system had been successfully rolled out on us serfs

There were riots everywhere - not just in London.

EDIT - Apologies the major riot was London. Riots went on across the city centre. But let that not kid you that the poll tax was loathed across the UK. Never saw riots to that degree by any SNP policies.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You really are a thick cunt and an embarrassment to the those hoping for independence.

Wanna say that to my face ?

And if you want to quote me then quote the full part for context or at the very least explain where i am wrong in describing the Tory vote base in Scotland

11 minutes ago, thplinth said:

You really are a thick cunt and an embarrassment to the those hoping for independence.

It is ironic the use if the word fascist by some of the left etc who dont want to listen

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

And if you want to quote me then quote the full part for context or at the very least explain where i am wrong in describing the Tory vote base in Scotland

Ooooh square go alert

milk shake at hundred paces

Starbucks at dawn

Edited by Pocketrocketman1888

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

What when like you are calling people white supremacists, nazis, bigots and now most ridiculously of all 'white pensioners' for having differing political views to you. WTF!

Surprised you missed gammons. It is you carrying around a huge amount of prejudice in your head. White pensioners... jesus fucking christ...

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

What when like you are calling people white supremacists, nazis, bigots and now most ridiculously of all 'white pensioners' for having differing political views to you. WTF!

Surprised you missed gammons. It is you carrying around a huge amount of prejudice in your head. White pensioners... jesus fucking christ...

I am far more concerned by the fact that someone that despises Scots, Muslims, Scousers and has been sacked from posts in the government is being supported by the Tories and is set to become the next PM. 

15 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So the Tory vote in Scotland has different demographics to that in England (Unionism excepted) ?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

So the Tory vote in Scotland has different demographics to that in England (Unionism excepted) ?

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election

Just stop man. You are not going to smear your way to a quick YES. It is a turn off.

I am far more pro independence than you but if I thought your brand of nutcase was the future of the SNP I'd have to decline for the long term health of Scotland. Your head is so full of shit it is unbelievable. 

We are years away from YES and for good reason. We need a good few years to go by... and also I hope by then we will have a new leader whose head is not up her arse and the party is rid of the 'progressive' obsessed bellends (like you) totally fucking it up.

And the funny thing is you are a raging neocon who wants war with Iran. And you are endlessly calling people right wing... fuck me.

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Just stop man. You are not going to smear your way to a quick YES. It is a turn off.

I am far more pro independence than you but if I thought your brand of nutcase was the future of the SNP I'd have to decline for the long term health of Scotland. Your head is so full of shit it is unbelievable. 

We are years away from YES and for good reason. We need a good few years to go by... and also I hope by then we will have a new leader whose head is not up her arse and the party is rid of the 'progressive' obsessed bellends (like you) totally fucking it up.

And the funny thing is you are a raging neocon who wants war with Iran. And you are endlessly calling people right wing... fuck me.

Och get yourself to fuck ya psycho mentalist

You are just as big a fucking troll hiding behind your keyboard as the other two roasters that have came to this thread and board

I'll leave you to it

@Ally Bongo yer passion cant be denied and please dont lose it however you sometimes you get caught up in it IMO, sometimes playing devils advocate to find out why folk think a certain way is the best way to find out how to change minds/opinions, i noticed in one of pocket rockets posts that he has voted SNP in the past, that should automatically make a pro indy supporter intrigued,  maybe he is a troll however he may not be. IMO i don't think he's a troll, wind up merchant yes. I also think he could be persuaded to support an independent scotland(i could be totally wrong) but its always worth a go