The Brexit Thread - Page 133 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

So there will be less money therefore more austerity if Scotland becomes politically independent 

But in 2014 i thought we were being subsidised ?

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-leader-hammond/uk-risks-scotland-split-more-austerity-after-a-no-deal-brexit-hammond-idUKKCN1TK324

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

When "BoJo" was editor of the spectator he published this poem... 

The quotes come from a "satirical" poem by James Michie, titled "Friendly Fire".
It was published in The Spectator magazine in 2004 – and Johnson was editor of the publication at the time.
The full poem reads:

The Scotch – what a verminous race!
Canny, pushy, chippy, they’re all over the place, Battening off us with false bonhomie, Polluting our stock, undermining our economy.
Down with sandy hair and knobbly knees!
Suppress the tartan dwarves and the Wee Frees!
Ban the kilt, the skean-dhu and the sporran
As provocatively, offensively foreign!
It’s time Hadrian’s Wall was refortified
To pen them in a ghetto on the other side.
I would go further. The nation
Deserves not merely isolation
But comprehensive extermination.
We must not flinch from a solution.
(I await legal prosecution.)

So I suppose he is the Churchill of our time. A fat racist cunt.

If this board full of hand wringing left wing cvnts is indicative of the population, am starting to feel the same

6 hours ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

If this board full of hand wringing left wing cvnts is indicative of the population, am starting to feel the same

Who's wringing their hands? You're the person getting all maudlin about BoJo being the next Churchill , except it's the hagiographic version of Churchill. If you hadn't been practicing your stiff upper lip i bet your keyboard would be covered in tears as you type out your tribute.

Edited by phart

23 minutes ago, phart said:

Who's wringing their hands? You're the person getting all maudlin about BoJo being the next Churchill , except it's the hagiographic version of Churchill. If you hadn't been practicing your stiff upper lip i bet your keyboard would be covered in tears as you type out your tribute.

Maudlin? Am joyous at the thought of him as our next PM

they dont like it up em

5 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

How would it have gone down if the 'poem' was about Jews and the editor was Corbyn?   And where do you stand on it?

He is a troll and/or a parody

No self respecting Scot would post the pish that he and Bonny do

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

He is a troll and/or a parody

No self respecting Scot would post the pish that he and Bonny do

You underestimate Scottish people.

A fair few did vote for brexit and even more voted to remain in the uk.    Perhaps you are not a self respecting scot yourself. 

1 hour ago, Pocketrocketman1888 said:

Maudlin? Am joyous at the thought of him as our next PM

they dont like it up em 

Quoting from 60's culture suggests a naive over-sentimentality. You can't quote anything contemporary cause nobody thinks in these terms anymore.

Boris Johnson has shown himself to be ineffective as a worker.

He's good at lying, so people who believe lies easily will like him and believe him, they will probably even think he is good and honest but they will not be able to provide any proof of that beyond sloganeering. More interestingly they will be totally unaware this is happening.

55 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

How would it have gone down if the 'poem' was about Jews and the editor was Corbyn?   And where do you stand on it?

Not a huge fan of Corbyn tbh ; although i was a labour voter in the past ; even back to days of Blair getting in i recall being very happy at the change in govmt at last “things can only get better” ; theres a quote from the 90s for you

i dont pretend to understand the jewish thing/ anti semitism ; am assuming tho it’s because of the loads of money idea v communism approach? So dont feel suitably informed on that issue to comment