The Brexit Thread - Page 112 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

Anyone remaining on  the board. Bonny just instrumental in killing it off.

And you’re feeding him by replying to his posts. 

Having a different opinion isn’t necessarily trolling 

The ignore function is a wonderful creation if you use it. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

And you’re feeding him by replying to his posts. 

Having a different opinion isn’t necessarily trolling 

The ignore function is a wonderful creation if you use it. 

As far as I'm aware Ive not replied to any of his posts. Its either trolling or bombarding the board with shyte no matter what his opinion is. I can choose to ignore or I can choose to use the board far less as it tanks downhill - which is a shame as its very useful particularly to do with travel to away games.

25 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

As far as I'm aware Ive not replied to any of his posts. Its either trolling or bombarding the board with shyte no matter what his opinion is. I can choose to ignore or I can choose to use the board far less as it tanks downhill - which is a shame as its very useful particularly to do with travel to away games.

Yeah you replied to one of his posts a few pages back. 

Each to their own. 

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Yeah you replied to one of his posts a few pages back. 

Each to their own. 

I think I quoted him rathe than reply direct. But if Ive been a long term user of the board and thinking of chucking it or certainly logging in far less then  I'm sure I'm not the only one. Up to those running the board - if they allow that sort of shyte to spoil it - then it will ultimately disappear.

15 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

I think I quoted him rathe than reply direct. But if Ive been a long term user of the board and thinking of chucking it or certainly logging in far less then  I'm sure I'm not the only one. Up to those running the board - if they allow that sort of shyte to spoil it - then it will ultimately disappear.

There’s an ignore function that’s pretty handy for filtering the stuff you don’t wanna see. 

6 hours ago, wheres the pies said:

Surly there has to be a general election at some point this year 

I'm sure they'll squeeze one in somewhere.   From Wings...

So that means we’re probably looking at:

JUNE: effectively no Prime Minister.

JULY: no Prime Minister. Parliament rises for summer recess.

AUGUST: Parliament on holiday.

SEPTEMBER: End of summer recess, then party conference recess.

OCTOBER: Brexit.

Maybe Brexit-2 ref as well?

4 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

There is no way Boris Johnson will be Prime Minister

You heard it here first ................

For some reason i think raab, for no ither reason he's not so divisive as many on that list, they will not go for a woman either IMO  

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

For some reason i think raab, for no ither reason he's not so divisive as many on that list, they will not go for a woman either IMO  

The way to figure it out is to put in a basket those that would be good for Scottish Independence and then discount them

22 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Mibee I'm undestimating him but Raab just seems too lightweight to be PM.

Johnson is the favourite, and certainly the biggest personality on the list, but the Tories rarely pick the favourite. This is the mob who once picked Iain Duncan Smith over Ken Clarke to take on Tony Blair in his prime!

39 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

True. Raab is not so prominent in the public eye, whereas everyone knows Boris, Hunt and Rees-Mogg...

However, that also means the public are not so aware of the fact Raab is a nasty piece of work.     

5 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

True. Raab is not so prominent in the public eye, whereas everyone knows Boris, Hunt and Rees-Mogg...

However, that also means the public are not so aware of the fact Raab is a nasty piece of work.     

What might go against him is his few weeeks as Brexit minister... But with his command of geography i see his as Foreign Sec.

I'm hopeful that C Grayling is in charge of the process of selection and with his form it will go to Larry the cat. 

Edited by Mark frae Crieff
new keyboard so shite spelling.

19 minutes ago, scotlad said:

Mibee I'm undestimating him but Raab just seems too lightweight to be PM.

Johnson is the favourite, and certainly the biggest personality on the list, but the Tories rarely pick the favourite. This is the mob who once picked Iain Duncan Smith over Ken Clarke to take on Tony Blair in his prime!

That Ladbrokes list with the odds has some mental f*ckers on it...

Is that the calibre of person they have to replace Theresa May?!?!?!

Back in the day, it would have been Major, Hague, Duncan-Smith, Clarke, Heseltine... at least they were sane.

Could be good in the push for independence, mind  :ok:

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

Which in normal circumstances would make him the ideal candidate. But we're not in normal circumstances.

Scotlad is right to say the Tories usual never pick the favourite, but this time they need a big popular personality to push through a likely no-deal Brexit.

Boris is the only one that fits the bill.