The Brexit Thread - Page 109 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Saw an article where the headline was 'Why Farage Wins the Country and Corbyn Wins Only a Party'. Makes the point that the Corbyn revolution fizzled out and now with a 25% approval ratings his prospects if somehow he became PM are not good. He has won a party but failed to win the country. Then you have the pack of tory rogues that could be a future PM if May (a corker herself) ever fucking quits. Or Nigel Farage... this is some fucking mess England has got Britain in. It is beyond belief really.

Farage for PM

55 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

You must have been on the shitter in 2008 then.  Ya missed a whole crisis in the euro zone that Germany are still paying for. 

Jesus Christ 

The 2008 financial crisis that we in your beloved UK are still paying for ?

The 2008 financial crisis that started in America and affected most of the World ?

That financial crisis ?

I'll admit to not being particularly au fait with all things Brexit however can somoene explain to me why the poll I seen yesterday had the Brexit party getting double the votes of the nearest other party?  I'd have expected the "remain" parties to have a stronger representation.

34 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'll admit to not being particularly au fait with all things Brexit however can somoene explain to me why the poll I seen yesterday had the Brexit party getting double the votes of the nearest other party?  I'd have expected the "remain" parties to have a stronger representation.

In England there is only really one remain party and that's the Lib Dems - i discounted Change UK as they are an irrelevance IMO

Basically the remain vote is split amongst the 3 main parties 

Brexit voters dont have that issue 

Edited by Ally Bongo

17 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

In England there is only really one remain party and that's the Lib Dems - i discounted Change UK as they are an irrelevance IMO

Basically the remain vote is split amongst the 3 main parties 

Brexit voters dont have that issue 

And anybody who votes LibDim after they sold out the last time they got a wee whiff of power, need their heads looking, IMO.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

And anybody who votes LibDim after they sold out the last time they got a wee whiff of power, need their heads looking, IMO.

Not to mention everyone can have another referendum except the Jocks ....

3 hours ago, exile said:

"Ruth Davidson is “baffled” by Theresa May’s offer of a second EU referendum, Times sources say, amid a Scottish Tory revolt against the prime minister.

A source close to the Scottish Conservative leader said last night: “Fair to say we are baffled by this as a closing message before an election.”

A group of Tory MPs met David Mundell, the Scottish secretary, to vent their anger at the plan, which they are concerned paves the way for the SNP to argue more persuasively for a second vote on Scottish independence.

“We have been totally consistent in making the case against another EU referendum and then she goes and throws us under a bus with that speech,” said one Scottish Tory MP."

Brilliant 😄

20190514_143804.jpg

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Jesus Christ 

The 2008 financial crisis that we in your beloved UK are still paying for ?

The 2008 financial crisis that started in America and affected most of the World ?

That financial crisis ?

The bailouts were from the European Union but the problem in Greece was compounded by them being trapped in the euro currency.       

Much better for countries to have their own currency.      

12 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

The bailouts were from the European Union but the problem in Greece was compounded by them being trapped in the euro currency.       

Much better for countries to have their own currency.      

Again - that doesn't affect us or your UK 

We are not in the Euro and have no intention of joining it - same as other EU members 

Greece were "trapped" in the euro currency by their own volition and took advantage of the books being cooked to let them in 

It wasn't the Euro that caused their problems it was their corrupt Governments over decades that had waved blank cheques and had limitless public expenditure 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

We are not in the Euro and have no intention of joining it - same as other EU members 

Greece were "trapped" in the euro currency by their own volition and took advantage of the books being cooked to let them in 

It wasn't the Euro that caused their problems it was their corrupt Governments over decades that had waved blank cheques and had limitless public expenditure 

It still affects the UK Britian Scotland etc... 

The euro currency is a disaster and we all thank fk we never joined.     

Surely even u Bongo man dinny want euro??

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

No much consolation for the generations fucked by the corrupt politicians, not just in Greece but all over Europe. 

No expert obviously but I’m sure a shared currency doesn’t help Greece get out of the mess they are in. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

The EU is essentially a corrupt political union that will do its best to protect its own interest and fuck those who try and leave it, fair enough, the UK isn’t any less corrupt and would do the exact same if Scotland or Wales / NI tried to leave.

Pretending otherwise or that it’s some sort of benevolent political body just because you hate the Tories is short sighted I think. 

22 hours ago, phart said:

I'm going to vote Green i think. Hope you're wrong.

If someone supports the Green Party's policies then they should vote Green. If they are doing it to try to push for independence or to try to stop the Brexit Party getting one or maybe even two seats then they might be better to vote SNP. But there isn't much in it.

I think this sums it up nicely.

http://scotgoespop.blogspot.com/

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

No much consolation for the generations fucked by the corrupt politicians, not just in Greece but all over Europe. 

No expert obviously but I’m sure a shared currency doesn’t help Greece get out of the mess they are in. 

Correct.   If only they had their own currency eh? 

Portugal and Spain were rumored to be next in line for a bailout for similar reasons. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The EU is essentially a corrupt political union that will do its best to protect its own interest and fuck those who try and leave it, fair enough, the UK isn’t any less corrupt and would do the exact same if Scotland or Wales / NI tried to leave.

Pretending otherwise or that it’s some sort of benevolent political body just because you hate the Tories is short sighted I think. 

I'm not naive enough to think that the EU is going to operate in anything other than its best interests - as anyone one would do.  But in what way exactly is the EU trying to fuck over the UK?  

The only thing stopping the UK leaving is that the UK parliament can't decide on what basis they want to leave and the U.K. Government has been following a strategy that can't work because it has contradictory objectives. 

19 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Do you think Farrage was lying about how bad the EU is?  He went in there as a young man and saw the corruption and countless things wrong with it and the way they operate.   

The money wasted,  the self serving,  the lack of democracy,  the lavish life style of the members,  the way they treat countries and that the EU’s accounts haven’t been signed off.   

He made it his life’s mission to get the UK out of it and boy has he succeeded!   A pipe dream from the 90s has become a reality in 2016.     All that is needed now is for the UK to act on the result of its own referendum and we’re home and dry!

13 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Do you think Farrage was lying about how bad the EU is?  He went in there as a young man and saw the corruption and countless things wrong with it and the way they operate.   

The money wasted,  the self serving,  the lack of democracy,  the lavish life style of the members,  the way they treat countries and that the EU’s accounts haven’t been signed off.   

He made it his life’s mission to get the UK out of it and boy has he succeeded!   A pipe dream from the 90s has become a reality in 2016.     All that is needed now is for the UK to act on the result of its own referendum and we’re home and dry!

Farage is as bad as the rest of them, a self serving liar 

14 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Farage is as bad as the rest of them, a self serving liar 

But have the "rest of them" done what he's done in terms of actually taking them to task and doing something?   

Of course farrage will be smeared and no body's perfect. 

Edited by bonny78

26 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Jeezo.

Farage is beyond contempt - lifes mission to line his own pockets ye mean.

Just went and voted, and almost belted the brexit party campaign guy.

I know the guy who is doing the leaflet stuff for the Brexit mob at the polling station, (I see him the shops most mornings, and he's for ever telling everybody, that he is one of the high heid yins, at one of the local lodges), and he knows I'm a big Rangers fan as well as an ex squaddie, so when I told him I voted SNP as always, he started trying to tell me that the SNP where just Scottish Provo's in disguise, and how could any Rangers fan vote for them.

I tried to tell him my football and my politics are 2 different things, but typical ersehole he would not listen, and then said I should be ashamed to be a proddie, at that point I snapped, and I went to deck him, but the wife stopped me.

The next thing I know his wife appears, (they stay across the road from the polling station, and she must have heard the shouting) and instead of backing him up, she said sorry to me and the wife, and then she got ripped into him instead.  Everybody could hear her calling him all the fecking erseholes under the sun, how he had only been there 10 minutes and he had already started a fight,  how he could not do anything without causing a fight, and if he was going start fighting with her neighbors, he could feck off back to his brothers.

It was so fecking funny, watching this clown getting a severe public verbal kicking off his missus, I really hope somebody has it on video, because you'll pish yourself laughing.

All I can say is that if that is the Brexit party's idea of a vote winning strategy, they are going to to fecked in more ways than 1 in Glasgow.

10 minutes ago, Grumpyauldgit said:

Just went and voted, and almost belted the brexit party campaign guy.

I know the guy who is doing the leaflet stuff for the Brexit mob at the polling station, (I see him the shops most mornings, and he's for ever telling everybody, that he is one of the high heid yins, at one of the local lodges), and he knows I'm a big Rangers fan as well as an ex squaddie, so when I told him I voted SNP as always, he started trying to tell me that the SNP where just Scottish Provo's in disguise, and how could any Rangers fan vote for them.

I tried to tell him my football and my politics are 2 different things, but typical ersehole he would not listen, and then said I should be ashamed to be a proddie, at that point I snapped, and I went to deck him, but the wife stopped me.

The next thing I know his wife appears, (they stay across the road from the polling station, and she must have heard the shouting) and instead of backing him up, she said sorry to me and the wife, and then she got ripped into him instead.  Everybody could hear her calling him all the fecking erseholes under the sun, how he had only been there 10 minutes and he had already started a fight,  how he could not do anything without causing a fight, and if he was going start fighting with her neighbors, he could feck off back to his brothers.

It was so fecking funny, watching this clown getting a severe public verbal kicking off his missus, I really hope somebody has it on video, because you'll pish yourself laughing.

All I can say is that if that is the Brexit party's idea of a vote winning strategy, they are going to to fecked in more ways than 1 in Glasgow.

Unfortunately brexit party attracts the nutters too.