The Brexit Thread - Page 98 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

Here's Corbyn getting egged by a brexit supporter. The guy got 28 days in Jail cause he actually punched him with the egg in a fist.

_106176266_centralnews.jpg

In a statement written before he was sentenced, Murphy likened himself to civil rights protesters and said he was "perfectly happy to go to jail".

He added: "I'd rather be a rebel than a slave."

Complete opposite ends of the political spectrum both attacked by partisans.

17 minutes ago, thplinth said:

How long to some wide cunt half empties out the shake and fills it with their waz? Bottom line no one has a right to throw shite all over you. Fuck knows what it contains... Serious crime IMHO.

But it is ok because the victims are 'racists' you are told and 'what would you be if you were living in 30's Germany and did nothing!? you are asked.' It is ok to physically assault 'these people' because they are 'nazis'. Dontcha geddit? That was the whole point of calling them nazis to begin with... to legitimize violence against your political enemies.

The problem in politics is not your Farages... it is the utter fucking vermin calling everyone a nazi and then trying to shut them up by violence and intimidation. If that is the 'side' you are on you can go fuck yourself (edit:not you orraloon!).

Farage is one of the problems in politics a self interested liar who isn't even his own man cause another man houses and feeds him.

Obviously the demonising of the other side is a huge problem as well, but that's done by partisans.

25 minutes ago, thplinth said:

How long to some wide cunt half empties out the shake and fills it with their waz? Bottom line no one has a right to throw shite all over you. Fuck knows what it contains... Serious crime IMHO.

But it is ok because the victims are 'racists' you are told and 'what would you be if you were living in 30's Germany and did nothing!? you are asked.' It is ok to physically assault 'these people' because they are 'nazis'. Dontcha geddit? That was the whole point of calling them nazis to begin with... to legitimize violence against your political enemies.

The problem in politics is not your Farages... it is the utter fucking vermin calling everyone a nazi and then trying to shut them up by violence and intimidation. If that is the 'side' you are on you can go fuck yourself (edit:not you orraloon!).

Utterly glorious.

4 minutes ago, phart said:

Farage is one of the problems in politics a self interested liar who isn't even his own man cause another man houses and feeds him.

Obviously the demonising of the other side is a huge problem as well, but that's done by partisans.

You don’t believe you are partisan? 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

You don’t believe you are partisan? 

I'm not a political partisan. I barely believe in government let alone political parties. I'm pretty nihilist philosophically

I don't think judging Farage negatively cause he lies is me being partisan.

46 minutes ago, thplinth said:

20 minutes ago, Mox said:

Utterly glorious.

I know! They say "a guilty conscious needs no accuser" but to to see it in action... wow.

1 hour ago, phart said:

Here's Corbyn getting egged by a brexit supporter. The guy got 28 days in Jail cause he actually punched him with the egg in a fist.

_106176266_centralnews.jpg

In a statement written before he was sentenced, Murphy likened himself to civil rights protesters and said he was "perfectly happy to go to jail".

He added: "I'd rather be a rebel than a slave."

Complete opposite ends of the political spectrum both attacked by partisans.

Guy is a mongo

2 hours ago, phart said:

Mind when Aaron Banks gave him £450,000 grand and he didn't declare it cause " he was about to leave politics and had been seeking a new life in the US."

Nigel Farage was lavishly funded by Arron Banks in the year after the Brexit referendum, Channel 4 News has alleged, with the insurance tycoon providing him with a furnished Chelsea home, a car and driver, and money to promote him in America.

According to invoices, emails and other documents, Banks, who regularly bankrolled Farage’s former party, Ukip, spent about £450,000 in the year after the referendum, when Farage had quit as Ukip leader, the programme said.

It said the money, some provided via Rock Services Ltd, a company owned by Banks, was used to rent a Chelsea home for £13,000 a month, with Banks purchasing furniture and fittings including crockery and a shower curtain.

Farage was also provided with a Land Rover Discovery and a driver, and Banks sought to raise an extra £130,000 from supporters to cover security.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/16/arron-banks-allegedly-gave-450000-funding-to-nigel-farage-after-brexit-vote

and how

"Nigel Farage claims he is 'skint' and says 'there's no money in politics'

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/16/nigel-farage-skint-ukip-4m-townhouse

Farage is some kind of mystical folk hero to the working classes, taking on the elite. Despite the fact he is an ex banker, quite probably a multi millionaire, and financed by some very dubious people. He has had a free reign for over a decade, most politicians just ignore this, as do most media employees, to be fair, some do call him out and he then goes in a strop about it. This is why when some member of the public has a go at him, I find it funny.

Generally, for the record, I dont think Farage is overly nationalistic or racist as the likes of Tommy Robinson are. I simply dont trust the cunt, and dont believe a single word that he says.

Politics is very divisive, you have Tories making up figures, Farage bullshiting, and people just believe what they spout because its 'their side,' some would say Im the same with certain parties, but I dont think I am, I believe that criticism where warranted is justified. Hell I even defended David Cameron and some Tory policy on here a while back

1 hour ago, bonny78 said:

Man crush on nigel 

I don’t know why I’m typing this, but...

He is a shell of a human being, he can’t answer simple questions, he doesn’t know his own opinions unless they are scripted to him. And he is the most successful politician of my life FFS. 

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

I don’t know why I’m typing this, but...

He is a shell of a human being, he can’t answer simple questions, he doesn’t know his own opinions unless they are scripted to him. And he is the most successful politician of my life FFS. 

You sure he can't answer questions?? That's the one thing he is probably best at.   Him and George Galloway both great and won't get bullied on newsnight or question time, unlike some more timid souls. 

14 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Yes I’m sure, there’s absolutely no fucking doubt. 

What is seven times two? A cat. That makes more sense than farage. 

And yet the man has convinced just over half the country to vote for brexit while you sit stroking 14 invisible pussys. 

26 minutes ago, kumnio said:

As I said above, most successful politician of my life. It’s not a validation of his morals, integrity or intelligence though. 

Fair enough.     I actually think he has more integrity than a lot of other politicians. 

Whatever you think about the EU - the lack of investment in anywhere outside of London (Scotland, Wales, NI, North England) and not only in public services has been happening the last 40 years - all undertaken by politicians at Westminster  

Leaving the EU is not the silver bullet that will address this

Once we leave the EU, who will English Nationalists/ Unionists blame next to deflect from Westminster's failings once they cant blame the EU or immigrants ?

And anyone that says Farage has integrity is either deliberately in denial or a fucking moron

19 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Whatever you think about the EU - the lack of investment in anywhere outside of London (Scotland, Wales, NI, North England) and not only in public services has been happening the last 40 years - all undertaken by politicians at Westminster  

Once we leave the EU, who will English Nationalists/ Unionists blame next to deflect from Westminster's failings once they cant blame the EU or immigrants ?

And anyone that says Farage has integrity is either deliberately in denial or a fucking moron

Poor Ally.  Blames nigel for everything 

6 hours ago, bonny78 said:

Poor Ally.  Blames nigel for everything 

Well i dont in anyway agree with your politics but you definitely add something different to the board haha and for the record i was all for brexit and voted for it however i did not vote for a tory sculpted version, the way westminster works i just cant see it ever being a success, unfortunately 

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Heard similar arguments from the no side in 2014. 

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Well i dont in anyway agree with your politics but you definitely add something different to the board haha and for the record i was all for brexit and voted for it however i did not vote for a tory sculpted version, the way westminster works i just cant see it ever being a success, unfortunately 

If u voted for brexit then u gotta vote for brexit party on Thursday. 

44 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

If it not a hard Brexit then it's not the Brexit a hell of lot of people voted for. 

This hits the nail on the head and is why a lot of people feel there should be a second referendum due to massive grey areas first time around on what was being voted for.

The promises from the Leave campaign was that it would secure borders (never possible given the Irish border issues) and that the UK would be free to get trade deals all over the world outwith the EU. That is not going to be happening either with May's deal so what is the point?