The Brexit Thread - Page 92 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

On 4/19/2019 at 11:42 PM, Ally Bongo said:

He's a fucking oxygen thief.

Anyone got an image of that 2011 election leaflet he put out that basically said "vote for me ........ cause I'm a Celtic fan" :rollsmile:

I see he's still ranting on twitter that Scottish nationalists are all militant proddies and shite like that. 

He's recently had some plastic surgery done around his eyes  :lol:

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

D5EnjbEW4AAwAnL.jpg

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

It's just a jump to the left, and then a step to the right.  

Feck Riff Raff has let himself go..

my contribution is :- This unicorn riding isnae easy. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Why?

Those that commit heinious crimes do not deserve to live. The likes of your Rose West, Peter Sutccliffe, Myra Hindley, Dennis Nilsson etc etc etc. Think of the hundreds of thousands of pounds spent on feeding them all as well. A life for a life in extreme circumstances.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Those that commit heinious crimes do not deserve to live. The likes of your Rose West, Peter Sutccliffe, Myra Hindley, Dennis Nilsson etc etc etc. Think of the hundreds of thousands of pounds spent on feeding them all as well. A life for a life in extreme circumstances.

Do you honestly think that on any of the cases you mention the death penalty being in place would've made any difference whatsoever?  In fact in the case of the Moors Murderers, their crimes were committed while the death penalty was still in place, it was only repealed after they were arrested and were on remand.

It might make people feel a bit better but let's not pretend it's any form of deterrent.  And that's without even getting into miscarriages of justice.   Had the death penalty still been on the statute books then it's almost certain that the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four would have been executed.

Just now, aaid said:

Do you honestly think that on any of the cases you mention the death penalty being in place would've made any difference whatsoever?  In fact in the case of the Moors Murderers, their crimes were committed while the death penalty was still in place, it was only repealed after they were arrested and were on remand.

It might make people feel a bit better but let's not pretend it's any form of deterrent.  And that's without even getting into miscarriages of justice.   Had the death penalty still been on the statute books then it's almost certain that the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four would have been executed.

A deterrent? No. A just punishment - definitely.

How do you think the parents of those murdered children feel knowing the likes of Venables and Thompson are strutting around free now? Now in this day and age with the likes of DNA guilt can be proven without doubt.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

A deterrent? No. A just punishment - definitely.

How do you think the parents of those murdered children feel knowing the likes of Venables and Thompson are strutting around free now? Now in this day and age with the likes of DNA guilt can be proven without doubt.

So you want children hung now

I think a lot of the pro capital punishment lobby stems from what is portayed as a relatively cushy life some of the worst murderers receive with life imprisonment  

Maybe not so much in the 70s and 80s but certainly nowadays

The choice between rotting away in prison being worse than a quick drop loses a lot of credence

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I bet you would if they murdered your son.

EDIT

Tortured and then murdered. And lets just remember those scum are out and committing crimes again so prison has not taught them anything either.

I don't have a son - or a daughter - but I'd like to hope that the values I have would mean I wouldn't want to see that happen and even if I did, it shouldn't be down to me to decide.

Undoubtedly horrible crimes.  However, Venables re-offended on release from prison and is back inside but as far as I know Thompson hasn't been in any sort of trouble since.   So you're wrong on both cases.

You talk about DNA proving guilt without doubt, lets not forget that it's not that long ago that fingerprint evidence was considered cast-iron and then came the Shirley McKie case.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

I don't have a son - or a daughter - but I'd like to hope that the values I have would mean I wouldn't want to see that happen and even if I did, it shouldn't be down to me to decide.

Undoubtedly horrible crimes.  However, Venables re-offended on release from prison and is back inside but as far as I know Thompson hasn't been in any sort of trouble since.   So you're wrong on both cases.

You talk about DNA proving guilt without doubt, lets not forget that it's not that long ago that fingerprint evidence was considered cast-iron and then came the Shirley McKie case.

Venable re-offended so he never learnt Jack from a prison sentence so I am not wrong in that instance. Ask any scientist or crminologist and they will tell you there is no comparison between fingerprints and DNA. DNA proves without any doubt unlike fingerprints. They found out who the hoaxer who sent police Jack the Ripper tapes after 40 years by DNA extracted from the sticky gum he licked on back of envelope that is how infallible it is.