The Brexit Thread - Page 72 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

3 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

And its the UJ when Scots win at the Olympics.

Would we be welcome to compete at the commonwealth games if Independence is won.

What a stupid question.

Almost all the nations competing at the Commonwealth Games at some point gained independence from the UK.

2 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Surely anymore defections from Lab or Tories to either the back benches or 'The Independent Group then it's time for a general election.

They don't want one.   The impression I've been given is that most have defected 'cause they'd be deselected or lose their seats anyway.   Result is that May can swim around in her own juice for a while longer.

Brexit: what happens the next day if there is no deal?

Visas and travel - Visa-free travel to Europe ends, paving the way for possible £52 90-day visas

Taking your car abroad - You’ll have to request a green card from your insurer if driving toEurope after 29 March

Driving with a UK licence when abroad - You will have to buy an International Driving Permit to drive in Europe, at a price of £5.50, with different ones required for France and Spain

European Health Insurance Card - They will no longer be valid and buying travel insurance will become essential

etc.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/23/brexit-what-happens-the-next-day-if-there-is-no-deal

What more can you say about Theresa May ?

NEW. PM just landed in Sharm-el-Sheikh. Confirms on flight that there will be no meaningful vote this week. New date set for March 12 #brexit

42 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

What more can you say about Theresa May ?

NEW. PM just landed in Sharm-el-Sheikh. Confirms on flight that there will be no meaningful vote this week. New date set for March 12 #brexit

Isn't Sharm-wl-sheikh a holiday resort? I'm sure i've looked at holidays there before?

Brexit could be delayed until 2021, EU sources reveal

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/24/brexit-could-be-delayed-until-2021-eu-sources-reveal

Regardless whether you think that would be good, it's a pretty damming perspective on the May government 

Edited by exile

2 hours ago, exile said:

Brexit could be delayed until 2021, EU sources reveal

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/24/brexit-could-be-delayed-until-2021-eu-sources-reveal

Regardless whether you think that would be good, it's a pretty damming perspective on the May government 

Worst case scenario for indy supporters as the referendum imo needs to come after we leave in this Scottish Parliament timescale 

12 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Labour now officially backing a public vote on Brexit

Unclear if Remain will be an option

Hold that

Unsurprisingly they have kinda shat out of being that definitive

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Its a bloody disgrace that an 87 year old woman having lived here for 59 years is having to register. 

That said, I hope I look as good as her if I ever reach 87 🙂

The thing that legislation or whatever has shown is that it's hee haw to do with Europe as we didn't join till 1977 . This is a way for HM Government to polorise those here legally. Hell they have all  info from the last census.