The Brexit Thread - Page 59 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

43 minutes ago, aaid said:

None of that is untrue.  It doesn't mean that Corbyn is a political genius either.

I thought the context was "not got a clue" as opposed to "political genius"

That leaves 99% of the field still in play.

Edited by phart

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

The fact that he's still not ahead of that shambles of a Tory party is damning.

Imagine he was up against a semi competent government.

Gaining circa 20 points, with a universally negative media, in the polls is damning? 

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So despite Theresa being as popular as the plague amongst the general populace, her party infighting reaching historic levels and the general omnishambles she has made of Brexit, Jezza can't win a vote of no confidence nor can he even remotely hope to win an election. 

I couldn't care less what the man on the telly says, they're mostly liars. 

I can manage to make my own mind up. Jezza is a failure. 

When was the last time we even got to a position where a vote of no confidence was called against a government? The only reason it has not been successful (yet) is that the Tory MP's won't vote to lose their jobs. 

A failure who makes up 20 points in the polls. A failure who pressures the government in to losing a finance bill, to being found in contempt of parliament and losing a vote by the biggest margin any government has EVER lost a vote in parliament by. 

A failure who the Tories are running scared of. A failure who's done all of this, all the while being smeared in the MSM. Who's had to deal with some abhorrent lies being spread about him. 

It's a shame that so many people who claim to have the values that Corbyn espouses and represents get caught up in the lies and negative media environment that he constantly has to battle. I guess some people really do get the utter cunt of government they deserve. 

I have to agree with Ally that the Tories are probably more terrified about "losing" Scotland than anything else. That has been so clear every-time the horror speaks in Westminster.

After all they really believe they "own" Scotland (the resources of course). As for the people ? We are handy for plucking the grouse I suppose.

13 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

I have to agree with Ally that the Tories are probably more terrified about "losing" Scotland than anything else. That has been so clear every-time the horror speaks in Westminster.

After all they really believe they "own" Scotland (the resources of course). As for the people ? We are handy for plucking the grouse I suppose.

Yep

Why wont she allow a second EU referendum ?

Answers on a postcard to - It makes her refusing a Section 30 order look like a Colonialist

It's so obvious

10 hours ago, Parklife said:

Hasn't got a clue but has:

- taken his party from 20 points behind in the polls to neck and neck in them
- Created a situation where the PM has had over 100 of her own MP's call no confidence in here
- Given the government the biggest defeat in history 

All while enduring a universally negative press and a despicable smear campaign against him. 

If only he had a clue... Still, the man on the telly says he's not doing good, he must be right, eh? :rolleyes: 

Do you really want JC as PM?  Even in the 70’s Tony Benn was too left for the mainstream but I understand Corbyn is his protege and Benn was his mentor. Where do you think this will end up.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Do you really want JC as PM?  Even in the 70’s Tony Benn was too left for the mainstream but I understand Corbyn is his protege and Benn was his mentor. Where do you think this will end up.

I want him as PM. Be interesting to see what happened.

Free markets is not some right wing concept. It is the engine that has driven civilization. Monopoly, Oligopoly, private banking, private money supply, these are not free market ideas. Human commerce if it is free means you can act freely. If you want to give that up no matter how imperfect for some vague ideological sugar daddy who will make it all cool... what you will get is.... The Terror. After that you wont give a fuck what you get.

27 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Free markets is not some right wing concept. It is the engine that has driven civilization. Monopoly, Oligopoly, private banking, private money supply, these are not free market ideas. Human commerce if it is free means you can act freely. If you want to give that up no matter how imperfect for some vague ideological sugar daddy who will make it all cool... what you will get is.... The Terror. After that you wont give a fuck what you get.

We don't have free markets, hence the bank bail-outs and a million other things that contradict free market.

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

Rude 

I'm just unsure how you appointed yourself as the arbitrator of morality. A bit fucking arrogant, not to mention delusional. You have neither the intellect, nor the integrity to put yourself in such a position. 

I'm sure your wee sentence sounded clever in your head though.