The Brexit Thread - Page 56 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

The deal that would get accepted by parliament is fucking obvious and always has been. A simple common market like it was sold to us originally. No one wants or wanted all the other federal europe pish and never have. That is why we had BREXIT to begin with. They did not even try to negotiate that from what I can see. They are frightened it would work it seems. 

As for the EU people should read that Greek finance minister's book on his 6 months in the job 'negotiating' with the EU officials and the 'troika'. It is Kafkaesque and that is not an exaggeration. The only way to get anywhere with them is play mega hardball and be prepared to blow everything up if they do not act reasonably. May does not have the balls to get anywhere near what we need here. Trump would be ideal in this situation he really would say what you want about the cunt. I don't see anyone in UK politics capable of leading this here. Personally I'd give Farage the job at this point. Fuck it.

51 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Is Sammy Wilson borderline? The guys an absolute numpty.

“ In May 1996, the Sunday World newspaper published a series of candid holiday photographs showing Wilson and his girlfriend naked. Wilson subsequently sued the paper for damages, which were settled out of court.[8]After the incident, Martin McGuinness of Sinn Féin addressed the Northern Ireland Assembly by saying "It is also very good to come across someone like Mr Sammy Wilson, whom I have never met, and it is great to see him today with his clothes on." [9]

57 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The deal that would get accepted by parliament is fucking obvious and always has been. A simple common market like it was sold to us originally. No one wants or wanted all the other federal europe pish and never have. That is why we had BREXIT to begin with. They did not even try to negotiate that from what I can see. They are frightened it would work it seems. 

As for the EU people should read that Greek finance minister's book on his 6 months in the job 'negotiating' with the EU officials and the 'troika'. It is Kafkaesque and that is not an exaggeration. The only way to get anywhere with them is play mega hardball and be prepared to blow everything up if they do not act reasonably. May does not have the balls to get anywhere near what we need here. Trump would be ideal in this situation he really would say what you want about the cunt. I don't see anyone in UK politics capable of leading this here. Personally I'd give Farage the job at this point. Fuck it.

Why read a book about the Eu when the media can just tell you want to think 

3 hours ago, neilser said:

He really is a tube - sadly I’m saddled with him as our MP. We got a (copied) handwritten note from him last month with    a 2019 calendar on the other side. I don’t like being judgemental on superficial stuff but his writing looked like it had come out of a 12 year old girl’s secret diary. He stopped short of putting a smiley face in each letter ‘o’ though, so credit where it’s due.

On a similar note Joanna Cherry just handed Jacob Rees-Mogg and Sammy Wilson their arses on a plate on C4 news 👍🏼

There was an article just last week that Thomson's local Tory association have now got fed up with the stupid wee boy and his childish antics and there is talk of deselection. 

That idiot, Kirstine Hair, they've got in Angus runs him close. A puppet. She only ever does whatever her millionaire father tells her say or do.

Or how about Bill Grant (Ayr, Carrick & Cumnock) the self described "working class conservative" (he was a fireman) who cites Margaret Thatcher as his hero.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

I don't see anyone in UK politics capable of leading this here. Personally I'd give Farage the job at this point. Fuck it.

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

:(

Someone clearly doesnt have a sense of humour :(

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

And the weak suffer what they must. Yanis Varoufakis, is the name of the book I think. Greece just got ganged up on and fucked. Weird how it was set up to stop wars but a couple of cycles of that treatment and you'll have a very pissed off citenzry with fuck all to lose.

4 hours ago, neilser said:

Thomson now getting it tight on Twitter after tweeting that tonight’s vote only strengthened her hand with the EU.

Aye, Ross - that’ll show ‘em...

https://mobile.twitter.com/RossThomson_MP/status/1085269744545091584

The political classes are teeming with crawling sycophants it's fucking sickening.

Normally there would be some satisfaction in seeing an inept, arrogant, callous leader get a humiliating parliamentary trouncing, but May seems impervious to humiliation and determined to cling on even if it trashes her party and the country.

29 minutes ago, exile said:

Normally there would be some satisfaction in seeing an inept, arrogant, callous leader get a humiliating parliamentary trouncing, but May seems impervious to humiliation and determined to cling on even if it trashes her party and the country.

What country, England or Scotland?

please don’t fall for the UK/Britain is a country part that all the unionist politicians and the bbc like to push at every opportunity. 

59 minutes ago, exile said:

Normally there would be some satisfaction in seeing an inept, arrogant, callous leader get a humiliating parliamentary trouncing, but May seems impervious to humiliation and determined to cling on even if it trashes her party and her country.

Why am I seeing one SNP politician after another talking about a 'people's vote'?

So if the SNP ever win a independence referendum they have endorsed the precedent of having a 'people's vote' to over turn it. Because you know it was robots and pets who voted the first time around so it is only right we ask people next time. How short sighted man.

Why the hell are so may tories so against a customs union? Is that not the best solution to having free trade and BREXIT for all the other stuff. Bizarre.

Why the hell is Corbyn trying to force No Deal being taken off the table? It is the Sampson option but it is by far our best negotiating chip. Take that away and the EU will treat us like mugs like they have so far.

May or a Marxist to solve this. Some choices Britain has at the moment.

I agree,  it needs someone with guts to come forward and take the initiative. Set out an actual proposal for people to rally behind or reject. A bit of conviction, a bit of leadership. 

It seems they're all just circling around waiting for someone else to try and fail first. 

I include Labour, trying to keep all options open, not committing to anything specific, just wanting the Tories to crash first. 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Why am I seeing one SNP politician after another talking about a 'people's vote'?

So if the SNP ever win a independence referendum they have endorsed the precedent of having a 'people's vote' to over turn it. Because you know it was robots and pets who voted the first time around so it is only right we ask people next time. How short sighted man.

On the other hand, having a second brexit referendum massively weakens the argument against a second indyref.