The Brexit Thread - Page 55 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

Saw that on ch4 last night sums up a lot of the old folks down here Kents a hotbed of brexit intellectuals aswelll anyway what times the vote result tonight ? 

Seems to be expected some time around 9pm

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The thing is if you look at the several bullet point promises the Leave Campaign had as their pledges they were never really going to be achievable. They were just empty promises that were always destined to be unfulfilled. Here were those empty promises:-

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/why_vote_leave.html

What an utter crock and none of it actually achievable. Most of it not even true.

The fact is that nobody on the Leave side ever truly thought they could win and so were happy to spout any old xenophobic and made up shite that came into their heads.

After they did win you could see the colour draining from their faces as they though “oh shit, now we have to somehow deliver that load of utter bollocks we promised even though we know it’s not possible.”  Their reaction? To slink off into the background and put their fingers in their ears until it all dies down. The rest of us can live with and clear up their mess.

Eventually they’ll resurface when they think the coast is clear and pick up the reins of what they’ll call “an inherited shambles not of our making”.

Cretins the lot of them.

About time the SNP got stuck into Labour as well

This is after Blackford offered them an olive branch (again) and they sniggered at him

35 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Joanna Cherry has just trumped Mhairi Black and Ian Blackford !

Was a thing of beauty

I'll post it when available

She's top notch.

The abuse she takes nearly every day in parliament from the intellectual quartet of Douglas Ross, Colin Clark, Ross Thomson and Stephen Kerr is appalling.

10 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I have said it before and will say it again. If May's deal is rejected tonight she should fuck right off. She has already admitted she can do no more. She simply has to go as her beyond rank incompetence cannot and should not go on

Edited by exile

She seems incapable of forming any consensus. She is putting her desire to be the PM who delivered Brexit (a sort of reverse Ted Heath) ahead of the national interest. She is wasting everyone's time. 

52 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

She's top notch.

The abuse she takes nearly every day in parliament from the intellectual quartet of Douglas Ross, Colin Clark, Ross Thomson and Stephen Kerr is appalling.

He really is a tube - sadly I’m saddled with him as our MP. We got a (copied) handwritten note from him last month with    a 2019 calendar on the other side. I don’t like being judgemental on superficial stuff but his writing looked like it had come out of a 12 year old girl’s secret diary. He stopped short of putting a smiley face in each letter ‘o’ though, so credit where it’s due.

On a similar note Joanna Cherry just handed Jacob Rees-Mogg and Sammy Wilson their arses on a plate on C4 news 👍🏼

1 minute ago, wheres the pies said:

Watching that useless cunt health secretary wankcock trying to answer Andrew Neil’s questions I fucking despair cunts like that running the country where the fuck do the tories get theses folk 

Yes I was watching that. You can tell he was a Tory. Like a May clone doing a lot of talking but not answering any questions.