The Brexit Thread - Page 38 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

12 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I cant for the life of me understand why sturgeon insists on putting her face to the fore of the anti brexit campaign, does she not realise that the confrence held today(which there has been a few) only goes and hardens brexiters distrust for the snp and independence!! Its insane how she can not see this!! Am i missing something? We have the tories on the ropes just now, let them drive voters away!!!its political stupidity if you ask me

I think she'll make the announcement once the deal has been voted on. The plan was always to know what direction to the UK is taking before holding a referendum. I think it's just a matter of days now...

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

The National has been refused access to Theresa's whistle stop "press conference" in Glasgow tomorrow

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17259761.theresa-may-refuses-media-access-to-the-national/

😂 What's she scared of? That a reporter may actually pose a challenging question for once.

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think she should go for a Hogmanay Declaration.

Just said to someone in work she should do it on Christmas Eve

Say the date followed by Country or Colony then Goodnight 

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Just said to someone in work she should do it on Christmas Eve

Say the date followed by Country or Colony then Goodnight 

She said last night that she didn't want to do it on xmas eve. 

That's what made me think "Hogmanay Declaration! " - perfect. 

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

She said last night that she didn't want to do it on xmas eve. 

That's what made me think "Hogmanay Declaration! " - perfect. 

She should go on the BBC Hogmanay show and do it. Jackie Bird's face would be a treat.

May was just up the road from me today in the Bridge of Weir Leather Works.. She came she spoke, she nodded her head and she left, Fluffy was with her.  naebidy knew she was coming.. well obviously the Leather works did. but no Locals, she spoke to no one. 

Channel 4 news did a wee door knock nearby in Ranfurly- Bridge of Weir, there were a few roasters answering the door there....

Probably picked because its about half an hour from the airport, in and away as quick as possible...

Total fud and embarrassment she is, and fluffy is like a wee bit of bog roll hingin oot her knickers following on insignificantly behind....  

34 minutes ago, stocky said:

May was just up the road from me today in the Bridge of Weir Leather Works.. She came she spoke, she nodded her head and she left, Fluffy was with her.  naebidy knew she was coming.. well obviously the Leather works did. but no Locals, she spoke to no one. 

Channel 4 news did a wee door knock nearby in Ranfurly- Bridge of Weir, there were a few roasters answering the door there....

Probably picked because its about half an hour from the airport, in and away as quick as possible...

Total fud and embarrassment she is, and fluffy is like a wee bit of bog roll hingin oot her knickers following on insignificantly behind....  

I’ve been called worse..

12 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

BBC 1 to show the brexit debate at 20.00hrs on the 9th December that should be fun 

Got this information from the guardians live politics feed it came from tom newton Dunn but he’s now saying Labour’s preferd broadcaster is itv and at 19.00 hrs so I think he’s talking shite wonder why labour want itv over the bbc 🤔

On 11/28/2018 at 5:43 AM, Clyde1998 said:

I think she'll make the announcement once the deal has been voted on. The plan was always to know what direction to the UK is taking before holding a referendum. I think it's just a matter of days now...

I seriously doubt it. Unless May manages to get the vote through, we will still not know what direction the UK is going in. 

Labour (McDonnell) saying today that they doubt they'll be able to force a GE so that would mean they'd need to support a 'People's Vote' if/when the Government's Brexit vote fails on 11th December. 

If that happens then the SNP are still playing the waiting game. If the 'People's Vote' comes to fruition then I'm pretty sure Brexit will be overturned and we're back to business as usual. The Scottish public will have been shown how difficult it is to come out of a political union and independence will go on the back burner for the long-term. 

The difficulty for the Tories is that a People's Vote (supported by Labour) would be the springboard to the Tories losing power at the next GE. May will already be working on what happens if/when the parliamentary vote fails so there's still a long way to go IMO before Sturgeon knows the direction that the UK is going. 

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

If the 'People's Vote' comes to fruition then I'm pretty sure Brexit will be overturned and we're back to business as usual. The Scottish public will have been shown how difficult it is to come out of a political union and independence will go on the back burner for the long-term. 

Good point. Something I think a lot of pro Indy people are missing. 

”the people’s vote” is just ridiculous. Dreamed up in a boardroom by people we’ll never know existed. As bad as the “vow”

Edited by ParisInAKilt

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Good point. Something I think a lot of pro Indy people are missing. 

”the people’s vote” is just ridiculous. Dreamed up in a boardroom by people we’ll never know existed. As bad as the “vow”

It’s not the political union that’s the problem, more the trading union. 

Westminter wants, needs access to the single market, but out of the eu. Can’t have it both ways  

Ever heard of the velvet divorce?

if there’s a will there’s a way.  

Edited by antidote

2 minutes ago, antidote said:

It’s not the political union that’s the problem, more the trading union. 

Westminter wants, needs access to the single market, but out of the eu. Can’t have it both ways  

Ever heard of the velvet divorce?

if there’s a will there’s a way.  

It’s still a political union though.

Absolutely can’t have it both ways and I don’t remember much or any talk of the single market etc in the event of a leave vote. 

Either looking at a Brexit in name only or a complete overturn of the vote.

The people voted the wrong way. 

1 hour ago, AlfieMoon said:

If that happens then the SNP are still playing the waiting game. If the 'People's Vote' comes to fruition then I'm pretty sure Brexit will be overturned and we're back to business as usual. The Scottish public will have been shown how difficult it is to come out of a political union and independence will go on the back burner for the long-term.

I don't agree.  What has been shown, and exposed clearly by the whole Brexit mess, is that Scotland is in an abusive relationship, routinely ignored at best and often put down at every turn.  It has surely become clear to all but the most blinkered Britnats (Hello Alan) that we are regarded as a sort of colony, dictated to by a bunch of Quisling nonentities like Mundell and his 12 Tory political whores.  Anyone who voted No at that point would frankly deserve a life of miserable servitude.

You don't say to yourself "It's quite difficult getting out of an abusive relationship, so I'll just stay".  Not if you have a shred of self-respect.  And Scotland's self-respect is what the yoons are determined to destroy at every turn.  It's how they aim to keep us subservient, and the worst of them are the self-loathing toadies like Davidson, Mundell, and their fellow travellers in the other yoon parties.  They are scum.

2 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I don't agree.  What has been shown, and exposed clearly by the whole Brexit mess, is that Scotland is in an abusive relationship, routinely ignored at best and often put down at every turn.  It has surely become clear to all but the most blinkered Britnats (Hello Alan) that we are regarded as a sort of colony, dictated to by a bunch of Quisling nonentities like Mundell and his 12 Tory political whores.  Anyone who voted No at that point would frankly deserve a life of miserable servitude.

You don't say to yourself "It's quite difficult getting out of an abusive relationship, so I'll just stay".  Not if you have a shred of self-respect.  And Scotland's self-respect is what the yoons are determined to destroy at every turn.  It's how they aim to keep us subservient, and the worst of them are the self-loathing toadies like Davidson, Mundell, and their fellow travellers in the other yoon parties.  They are scum.

Like it or not Scotland voted to stay, the propagandha etc was strong and undoubtedly influenced the vote, assuming it wasn’t rigged. 

Leaving the UK to join the EU would just be leaving one abusive relationship to join another

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

It’s still a political union though.

Absolutely can’t have it both ways and I don’t remember much or any talk of the single market etc in the event of a leave vote. 

Either looking at a Brexit in name only or a complete overturn of the vote.

The people voted the wrong way. 

Yes, but what I said is that it is not the political union that’s creating the problem, it is the trading union, single market. 

The uk can easily walk away from the political union, it’s the single market they can’t walk away from. 

11 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Like it or not Scotland voted to stay, the propagandha etc was strong and undoubtedly influenced the vote, assuming it wasn’t rigged. 

Leaving the UK to join the EU would just be leaving one abusive relationship to join another

Eh! Small countries like Latvia,  Ireland have clout in the eu. Scotland has no clout whatsoever in the eu or even the UK. 

How much power does the UK retain being in the eu? I believe it’s around 95%.

How much retained power does Scotland have in the UK? Around 6%.

I’ll let you do the maths. 

Btw the UK leaving the eu would then open them up to world wide countries abusing them. 

I vaguely remember before the eec came about the USA imposing huge tariffs on UK goods overnight if the UK didn’t tow America’s line. Why do you think trump is so keen on brexit. Divide and conquer is his thinking. 

Edited by antidote

1 minute ago, antidote said:

Eh! Small countries like Latvia,  Ireland have clout in the eu. Scotland has no clout whatsoever in the UK. 

How much power does the UK retain being in the eu? I believe it’s around 95%.

How much retained power does Scotland have in the UK? Around 6%.

I’ll let you do the maths. 

Btw the UK leaving the eu would then open them up to world wide countries abusing them. 

I vaguely remember the USA imposing huge tariffs on UK goods overnight if the UK didn’t tow America’s line. Why do you think trump is so keen on brexit. Divide and conquer is his thinking. 

You’re right about the divide and conquer. Not sure about the rest though.