The Brexit Thread - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

12 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

“The UK in a Changing Europe promotes rigorous, high-quality and independent research into the complex and ever changing relationship between the UK and the European Union (EU)”

:lol:

You thought this was more important than losing Scotland the brand ?

On the housing topic, i would love prices to tumble dramatically. In fact i'd go further...housing prices and renta need to be removed from the capitalist free market process and full controls of both put in place.

Such that say an average 3 bed semi should cost around 3 times the average salary. So let's say £75k.  Then set up bands around that typical value allowing for locality & quality of property. A bit like rateable value. If an owner has substantially improved the quality of a house prior to sale then it may get judged to have moved up a notch or two otherwise it will be on sale for the band price it belongs in (those rates rising (or indeed falling) in accordance with typical salaries).

That should bring an end to houses being a profiteering asset and turn them back into homes for people.

Rents likewise to be controlled at a far more reasonable level.

Oh and guess actual costs of building houses has to be a major part of setting price bands for them.

For anyone put into a negative equity situation, maybe some transitional price freeze could be placed on such properties until new value band has reached existing value.

Ultimately everyone with normal type incomes will benefit and overall personal debt should be a lot lower.

Oh and whilst on the radical idea platform, how about doing something about very high pensions. Such as wealthy doctors etc might retire on. Whereby they can be in receipt of a pension way way above average earnings. Whilst at the other end of the scale millions of pensioners have very little to live on. So how about much higher taxes on the super pensions (which are frankly not needed at all !) and using it for a better base level pension for everyone else ?

2 hours ago, Kimba said:

I would be looking into the house of Rothschild, the empire of the City- City of London corporation as to the reason for this Brexit conundrum, but hey,  pay no attention to the tin foil hatted one. 

Not tin hatted, just a nasty little anti-Semite.  Take your bile somewhere else and give us all some peace. 

5 hours ago, aaid said:

Not tin hatted, just a nasty little anti-Semite.  Take your bile somewhere else and give us all some peace. 

Would that be those that say they are jews but are not?  I.e They claim to be of the 12 tribes?  Jesus when on earth was a jew, as were the 12 apostles, as was Paul who is my pattern.  Don’t falsely accuse me, when you are the one in ignorance.

Edited by Kimba

3 hours ago, Kimba said:

Would that be those that say they are jews but are not?  I.e They claim to be of the 12 tribes?  Jesus when on earth was a jew, as were the 12 apostles, as was Paul who is my pattern.  Don’t falsely accuse me, when you are the one in ignorance.

What satisfaction do you get by de-railing most thread's on this message board? 

Back on topic

Michel Barnier stands up for Scotland the brand while Theresa doesnt

EU #Brexit negotiator @MichelBarnier highlights special “geographical indications” protecting products like Scotch whisky 🥃 among unresolved issues for UK withdrawal agreement https://ec.europa.eu/commission/news/ambitious-partnership-uk-after-brexit-2018-aug-02_en 

8 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

What satisfaction do you get by de-railing most thread's on this message board? 

What was derailing about my post when it was on topic?   Fact is I'm bugging your God given conscience, so you'll make up false accusations.  Think I'll stick around.

5 hours ago, Kimba said:

What was derailing about my post when it was on topic?   Fact is I'm bugging your God given conscience, so you'll make up false accusations.  Think I'll stick around.

My conscience is fine thanks. My life is wonderful, happy and contented. My only concern in life is my national football team even Jesus Christ couldn't help them qualify for a tournament. Sorry for going of topic, Brexit is a shambles, have a good day and no doubt i will read a quote from you when you derail another new thread.

1 minute ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

My conscience is fine thanks. My life is wonderful, happy and contented. My only concern in life is my national football team even Jesus Christ couldn't help them qualify for a tournament. Sorry for going of topic, Brexit is a shambles, have a good day and no doubt i will read a quote from you when you derail another new thread.

God isn't concerned with the temporal (the temporary physical world which He describes as a PRESENT EVIL world), which is but a drop in the ocean, he is more concerned about when we go into eternity - the spiritual. Anyhow, yes agree, don't derail the thread.  I posted because I know how the banking system is run and that in this reality we don't really have "democracy".  Folk are going to have to do their own research though, as otherwise the two words "conspiracy theories" will be used to get them to put their heads back in the sand. 

btw Frankism is alive and well today - due to their unbelief in the real Messiah, - Jesus Christ,  they want to bring forth their own messiah (which the Bible says is the opposite of Jesus Christ). This is the root of everything going on in this world.

17 minutes ago, Kimba said:

God isn't concerned with the temporal (the temporary physical world which He describes as a PRESENT EVIL world), which is but a drop in the ocean, he is more concerned about when we go into eternity - the spiritual. Anyhow, yes agree, don't derail the thread.  I posted because I know how the banking system is run and that in this reality we don't really have "democracy".  Folk are going to have to do their own research though, as otherwise the two words "conspiracy theories" will be used to get them to put their heads back in the sand. 

btw Frankism is alive and well today - due to their unbelief in the real Messiah, - Jesus Christ,  they want to bring forth their own messiah (which the Bible says is the opposite of Jesus Christ). This is the root of everything going on in this world.

Cheers. Can go to work now educated and contented. Have a nice day.

Johnson trying to desperately get attention, I see.

That said, he's right on the money.  Hasn't even said they should be banned.  They're wrong, I don't care what anybody says...quite rightly wouldn't ban them (although many countries have) but clear as day they are not fit for this century and should be frowned upon same way homophobic views are. 

29 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

That said, he's right on the money.  Hasn't even said they should be banned.  They're wrong, I don't care what anybody says...quite rightly wouldn't ban them (although many countries have) but clear as day they are not fit for this century and should be frowned upon same way homophobic views are. 

I think folk should be allowed to wear what they want.

21 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Agree up to the bit about frowning on them

The reason the far right have become more attractive is that we have become far too liberal

Culture is important and along with mass migration has come the acceleration of mosque building (currently 1750) to the extent that pretty soon it will be the most popular religion in the UK (53% of the UK have no religion and/or are atheist)

This is dangerous ground and it gives plausibility to all sorts of racist guff

Personally i strongly believe men and women should be able to wear what they want however i dont think frowning on the hijab or ridiculing it will do any good

I'd like to think the majority of muslim women that dont adhere to that religious doctrine will set an example and there should be limits - you cant wear a crash helmet in court or at the bank for example - and we have to reaffirm that this is not a muslim country and that if you want to come here you have to adhere to secular values - a slow down in mosque building

However - Boris Johnson is a cunt and it's no coincidence that this has come shortly after his meeting with Steve Bannon

58 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think folk should be allowed to wear what they want.

Yep. 

50 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The reason the far right have become more attractive is that we have become far too liberal

Culture is important and along with mass migration has come the acceleration of mosque building (currently 1750) to the extent that pretty soon it will be the most popular religion in the UK (53% of the UK have no religion and/or are atheist)

This is dangerous ground and it gives plausibility to all sorts of racist guff

Personally i strongly believe men and women should be able to wear what they want however i dont think frowning on the hijab or ridiculing it will do any good

I'd like to think the majority of muslim women that dont adhere to that religious doctrine will set an example and there should be limits - you cant wear a crash helmet in court or at the bank for example - and we have to reaffirm that this is not a muslim country and that if you want to come here you have to adhere to secular values - a slow down in mosque building

However - Boris Johnson is a cunt and it's no coincidence that this has come shortly after his meeting with Steve Bannon

Why?  

What kind of country are we?  Surely we are just a country? 

23 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Why?  

What kind of country are we?  Surely we are just a country? 

We are not and never have been a predominantly Islamic country and i sincerely doubt anyone (apart from a small percentage of muslims) want us to be one

But that isnt the main reason

Culture and customs is

Maybe when we are long gone humans will look on these things that simplicity

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

if we as a society don't think it's fit for this century why shouldn't we say so?

Of course it should not be banned but that's far from saying we should, as a society, turn a completely blind eye to it.  Raising it as something we don't agree with is correct in my book.  Sometimes bad culture needs called out.  Homophobia in the catholic church likewise.

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

How soon is soon?

Also where are these figures from. According to (AJ Architects Journal) there was 200 purpose built mosques in the UK in 2012. 1500 Mosques in general. Which are residential properties and the like.

That's 6 years ago though and a lot could happen.

End of the article claims

" Over the last decade the number of new build mosques appears to have been declining after its rapid rise through the final 30 years of the 20th century. This could point to a saturation point, where Muslim religious infrastructure had begun to meet the needs of the population. The mosques that have been built since, however, indicate a new direction in mosque architecture. "

https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/a-history-of-mosques-in-britain/8629263.article

Edited by phart