The Brexit Thread - Page 12 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Brexit Thread

9 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who do you prefer

Bojo

JRM

The Gover

BoJo - ran London, able to attract floating voters, 'teflon'. 

JRM - not sure he is good at anything, other than being himself and restating same position. May suffer from having principles. 

The Gover - maybe more dangerously chamaeleon-like, but least charismatic.

I guess it depends what you want... Tory meltdown? General Election? Hung parliament? Corbyn? 

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Does anyone know what Davies actually did  as Brexit Secretary? My impression was he was extremely lazy and very unprepared.

I think his main role was to go along to meetings and behave like an arrogant prick. Which, to be fair, I think is a job that he was quite good at. Many Tories will think he would make an excellent PM.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I think his main role was to go along to meetings and behave like an arrogant prick. Which, to be fair, I think is a job that he was quite good at. Many Tories will think he would make an excellent PM.

Just wait till you see Dominic Raab at it

A total arsehole of a man

12 hours ago, exile said:

BoJo - ran London, able to attract floating voters, 'teflon'. 

JRM - not sure he is good at anything, other than being himself and restating same position. May suffer from having principles. 

The Gover - maybe more dangerously chamaeleon-like, but least charismatic.

I guess it depends what you want... Tory meltdown? General Election? Hung parliament? Corbyn? 

All possible outcomes I guess, there is of course currently a hung parliament though. 

I can't see any serious challenge to May in the short term as I don't think anyone would want the job right now.  There's plenty who want the job but want her to be the fall guy.  

Similarly I can't see a vote of no confidence in parliament succeeding as they are scared of a Corbyn-led Labour Party winning. 

That said, I'm not sure that a lot of the Brexiteers are thinking and acting rationally. 

Edited by aaid

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

That said, I'm not sure that a lot of the Brexiteers are thinking and acting rationally. 

What makes you think that .........

DhqZDlbXUAAtSPj.jpg

4 minutes ago, McDange said:

He never should have been given that position in the first place. Total buffoon of a man

It was done as a sop to keep him onside. Problem that the Tory’s know is that Boris is only popular to a small (and vocal) part of the Conservative party. Not the wider electorate. The Conservative grandees know he would be a liability in a General Election. Him and Rees-Mogg.

J

Boris won in London, twice. They could be desperate for anyone with a popular touch and positive vibe, to spin it as if winning. Though in danger of lacking substance, among MPs

3 minutes ago, exile said:

Boris won in London, twice. They could be desperate for anyone with a popular touch and positive vibe, to spin it as if winning. Though in danger of lacking substance, among MPs

I get the impression that the public in general have got a bit bored with the whole "Boris, what's he like" schtick. 

6 minutes ago, aaid said:

I get the impression that the public in general have got a bit bored with the whole "Boris, what's he like" schtick. 

Yes, feels more like his time could have passed, but in this chaos they (and he) could be desperate