Any Routes? - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Routes?

Hobta83

1 hour ago, Hobta83 said:

Finally got round to booking up for this one, is there any way of getting to Ljubjana at a half decent price, ideally looking to go out Saturday and return Monday?

We are out Edinburgh, I think 06.40 arriving Vienna 10.25am (Easyjet) on the Saturday but we are not back until the Wednesday from Zagreb (16.30) to Edinburgh via Brussels (Brussels Airline). Not sure what the flights are like for the Monday as we wanted a couple of days away.

if you cannot get a direct flight into Ljubljana with Easyjet or Wizzair you could consider Ryanair flying into Trieste in Italy (right on the border with Slovenia. Buses and trains run from Trieste to Ljubljana on a fairly regular basis and is less than 2 hrs journey time.

Other option is fly to Zagreb and get train to Ljubljana but flight times and trains tend to be a bit askew if you you try and do both for the same day - I would suggest Trieste route

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked flights for me n the mrs from Manchester to Ljubljana staying in Brussels for the night on the 6th oct   Returning the 10th                           Car park  Manchester airport £45                             Ryanair Man to brussels Charleroi £53.96.                                               Wizzair  Charleroi to Ljubljana       £101.32  both flights returns 

Airport hotel brussels £54 

£127.14 each plus the cost of fuel Glasgow too Manchester and back cheapest I've found 

We booked return flights from Edinburgh to Bergamo on the Saturday and back on the Tuesday - £75.

Hiring a car and driving to Ljubljana - around 4ish hours. We did this in 2005 and stopped off over in Venice for a day, was a great route.

• 3 weeks later...