You'll never recover. - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

You'll never recover.

GaryWood34

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Butthead said:

Yesterday I was annoyed we never got the win but today, after watching the goals and the celebrations about 100 times, I'm just grateful I was there to be part of it.

Football at its absolute best. 

:ok: 100% agreed 

5 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Anyone that compare the emotion of that to a family member dying, is imo, not right in the head. 

It was incredible and deflating, but I would rather lose a game of football than my wife, kids, parents etc etc. 

We have established it was tongue in cheek.

We have also established by the many that this was the Scotland game that provided the biggest roar, most mental celebration and release of emotion.At a guess 80%.

It will be very hard for it to be beaten.

I hope whoever wasn't there is given something just as special soon.

I look forward to us beating Malta 1-0.

Edited by GaryWood34

On 12/06/2017 at 5:13 PM, Donaldo87 said:

Fair play to the boy a couple of rows in front of me in B8 who kept trying to get the Icelandic chant going. Not sure if it was him that finally got it going but he must have been delighted when it finally did start :lol:

What a riot that second half was. I think there were points we were going mental just for England getting pinned in and conceding throw ins. The noise was unreal. 

And well that second goal will never be forgotten. How I didnt rupture my knee again or tear a hamstring tendon i'll never know :lol:

I was under the impression the Iceland chant was in response to the "your just a shite San Marino". Thought it was genius at the time.

6 hours ago, mwng said:

I was under the impression the Iceland chant was in response to the "your just a shite San Marino". Thought it was genius at the time.

That's what I thought too. And I really hope it was cos I'd would prefer not to see it repeated.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

That's what I thought too. And I really hope it was cos I'd would prefer not to see it repeated.

That's what I thought when the "Doh a deer" chant happened in Austria in 1996 .....   ;-) 

Edited by Robbo `81

9 hours ago, mwng said:

Aye it probably was. 

All I had noticed was this one guy trying to get it started several times during the game so like I said wasnt sure if it finally paid off for him or started off elsewhere. 

Most amazing 10 minutes of football I've ever experienced. My heart was racing so much I thought I was going to have to shout for the defibrillator !

Best goals previously for me were Caldwell v France, Ferguson v Italy and I loved Anya's goal in Germany...but that 2nd one on Saturday - nothing beat that. Very proud to have been there and let's face it most of us would have taken 2-2 at kick-off.

2 hours ago, Fugitive said:

Most amazing 10 minutes of football I've ever experienced. My heart was racing so much I thought I was going to have to shout for the defibrillator !

Best goals previously for me were Caldwell v France, Ferguson v Italy and I loved Anya's goal in Germany...but that 2nd one on Saturday - nothing beat that. Very proud to have been there and let's face it most of us would have taken 2-2 at kick-off.

that's what we've got to

the fact that we even created some excitement is enough nowadays