New Song - "45,45" - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Song - "45,45"

andy smiff

Kept on hearing a song when watching Man Utd on the TV and found this video...

The lyrics for the united version is

"20 times,20 times, Man United

20 times, 20 times , i say

20 times 20 times Man United, Playing football the Matt Busby way"

I was thinking we could adapt that and have something along the lines of ...

"45,45 voted yes

45,45 I say

45, 45 voted yes. Scotland will be free one day !"

I am not creative at all so i am sure someone will come up with something better than my effort but I think it has potential.

The 45 thing may allow one to feel a sense of sneering superiority, but this isn’t a Yes Campaign meeting this is a Scotland Match,

This is divisive and counterproductive, the best way to cement views is to polarise people for having reached them, who would want to take their kids to a Scotland game in that environment?

Ironically once you accept you are 45% you are championing ownership by the Majority – there is a good piece on this on Bella Caledonia, ask yourself do you care about Scotland unconditionally or only those who think the same as you?

Edited by jts73

Not really sure I like the 45 business. For a start it's labelling supporters of independence a minority and I'd like to be a bit more aspirtional than that, I'd like a situation where they were more! I think it can came come across as a bit self righteous and could alienate some of the very people we want to convince. There's also echoes of Jacobite rebellions which not everyone is sympathetic too either and which didn't end too well either.

Great post JTS73. We both know the answer to your question u fortunately.

What else I have an issue with is the 45% all voted for different reasons and don't share the same ideas. Loads of Irish Catholics done it to spite the uk as opposed to being pro Scotland.

What utter tosh.

I presume by 'loadsa Irish Catholics' you mean scottish people who are catholic and have some Irish heritage. If that's who you mean, then they are not sImply 'Irish Catholics' they are part of a diverse movement in scotland that voted yes. As the proclaimers rightly sing 'we're all scotland's story and we're all worth the same'.

I wonder if you think muslims also voted yes just to spite the UK.

The vast majority of my catholic mates voted yes. Not to spite the UK but because they have left wing principles that cannot be delivered through the UK. Some are scottish nationalists some are not, but they all shared the same vision of a better society.

I welcome that. Maybe you don't.

Great post JTS73. We both know the answer to your question u fortunately.

What else I have an issue with is the 45% all voted for different reasons and don't share the same ideas. Loads of Irish Catholics done it to spite the uk as opposed to being pro Scotland.

What utter tosh.

I presume by 'loadsa Irish Catholics' you mean scottish people who are catholic and have some Irish heritage. If that's who you mean, then they are not sImply 'Irish Catholics' they are part of a diverse movement in scotland that voted yes. As the proclaimers rightly sing 'we're all scotland's story and we're all worth the same'.

The vast majority of my catholic mates voted yes. Not to spite the UK but because they have left wing principles that cannot be delivered through the UK. Some are scottish nationalists some are not, but they all shared the same vision of a better society.

Not really sure I like the 45 business. For a start it's labelling supporters of independence a minority and I'd like to be a bit more aspirtional than that, I'd like a situation where they were more! I think it can came come across as a bit self righteous and could alienate some of the very people we want to convince. There's also echoes of Jacobite rebellions which not everyone is sympathetic too either and which didn't end too well either.

It's a statement that we're still here. It's a baseline from which the movement will grow. It's the bridge to the future.

Nice poster. If only 10% of no voters were swung by the Vow then Scotland would already be independent. I've not got any problem with any of the sentiments in your previous post, just adding "and growing" to the 45 is both more aspirational,less exclusive, more welcoming - but also less catchy!

What utter tosh.

Well said Marty.

The 'Glasgow only voted Yes coz of the taigs' theory sounds like it was lifted straight from the Vanguard Bears forum FFS.

what about the potential of 55% of the crowd are no voters

The tartan army are not a direct representation of the population as a whole. People who follow the Scotland team are generally more patriotic towards Scotland and have a strong sense of Scottish identity.

As was seen at the Germany away game with the yes badges and flags the tartan army and far from representing the population in terms of vote.

I would be surprised if 5% at ibrox in two weeks voted no.

The tartan army are not a direct representation of the population as a whole. People who follow the Scotland team are generally more patriotic towards Scotland and have a strong sense of Scottish identity.

As was seen at the Germany away game with the yes badges and flags the tartan army and far from representing the population in terms of vote.

I would be surprised if 5% at ibrox in two weeks voted no.

There was far more fans in Germany displaying no signs of voting preference at all.