This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet

Texas Pete

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, TDYER63 said:

I only ever used the upvote and haha, I do think humour is essential . Occasionally used the wee cup if someone helped me out but an upvote was just as useful in those situations. The other 2 emoticons were  unnecessary negatives, if you dont agree with someone have the balls to argue your case, not hide behind an emoji. 

A shame the laughing emoji got used on peoples replies that were serious so even that was used as a negative.

I would say the upvote was the only one needed.

2 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

A shame the laughing emoji got used on peoples replies that were serious so even that was used as a negative.

I would say the upvote was the only one needed.

Yeah you are right, it did end up getting abused. I am pretty certain it was the same person in various guises misusing the emojis.
There are threads on the board that are humorous, its not all facts and serious discussions, the haha reaction was good to use in those situations. It was a total sledgehammer to crack a nut reaction( no pun intended 😊)  to  get rid of them all. 

52 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I only ever used the upvote and haha, I do think humour is essential . Occasionally used the wee cup if someone helped me out but an upvote was just as useful in those situations. The other 2 emoticons were  unnecessary negatives, if you dont agree with someone have the balls to argue your case, not hide behind an emoji. 

Upvote from me.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Yeah you are right, it did end up getting abused. I am pretty certain it was the same person in various guises misusing the emojis.
There are threads on the board that are humorous, its not all facts and serious discussions, the haha reaction was good to use in those situations. It was a total sledgehammer to crack a nut reaction( no pun intended 😊)  to  get rid of them all. 

Toepoke should make his profile pic a laughing emoji, his one liners rock.

I think it is a bit more than emojis that is putting people off. For me it is the pathetic mob mentality type threads - mostly in Football Related - where some folk seem obsessed in childish club slagging which seems more important to them than the main point of this thread...

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, thesaint said:

Guess the poor efforts at the euros have sickened a lot of people.People needed a break after all the euro hype.Maybe in a week or two some of the well kent faces will appear.Pretty desperate on here at the moment.

You might be onto something. It's like the Marvel Superhero fatigue. When you're hit with constant waves you find it hard to get excited. So a big break (because of Covid) was healthy. Same goes for Scotland, we got way more than we are used to then had a necessary big break. Once the next squad is announced I'm sure everyone will perk up again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 8:09 AM, Tartan blood said:

You might be onto something. It's like the Marvel Superhero fatigue. When you're hit with constant waves you find it hard to get excited. So a big break (because of Covid) was healthy. Same goes for Scotland, we got way more than we are used to then had a necessary big break. Once the next squad is announced I'm sure everyone will perk up again.

First game in two days of what is a crucial week,and it's still like a ghostown on the forum.Guess the euros attracted a lot of part timers,who lost interest after our poor results.So many posters who were on constantly during the euros,have been posted missing.Ah well.suppose it will be up to us old school guys to keep it going,as usual.

On 6/3/2017 at 7:45 PM, Texas Pete said:

With less than a week to go until our biggest match for years you would expect the TAMB to be buzzing. 

Is there just that much apathy due to us being gash for years or has this forum just died a death? 

We've all just given in and decided to be british now. 

2 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Feels a bit like post italy 90 ; euro qualifiers v romania & switzerland at home ; apathy and empty terracing

I was thinking the same, hopefully the final outcome will be the same.  Seem to remember there was only like 12000 at the Romania game but afterwards every one you ever met claimed they were there!

Aye its a slightly interesting point we are at now, not sure its really down to Clarke though to be fair.

One of my mates who I don't think has ever been to a Scotland game before in his puff is taking his wee boy on Saturday, so would be nice to think that the next generation might start to take an interest.