This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet

Texas Pete

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even people who still follow the team and go to games are not as excited about Scotland any more. It's not about being rubbish (nothing new there) but rather about mismanagement of the Scottish game, the SFA's contempt for the fans, Strachan's wilfully perverse management of the side and a number of other things. Will be excited about 5pm, but ten years ago I'd've been hitting the ceiling aleady.

8 minutes ago, TA Footsoldier said:

Two reasons TAMB has lost a lot of traffic, a) the team is going nowhere under Strachan and b ) it's fast become a political forum that doesn't accept any view other than SNP.

I know. As more and more ppl start to vote against snp the party will soon die.  Ruth davidson taking charge of Scotland. Good news as i canny stand the snp and their inability to accept the 2014 referendum.   Its over guys. 

44 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Even people who still follow the team and go to games are not as excited about Scotland any more. It's not about being rubbish (nothing new there) but rather about mismanagement of the Scottish game, the SFA's contempt for the fans, Strachan's wilfully perverse management of the side and a number of other things. Will be excited about 5pm, but ten years ago I'd've been hitting the ceiling aleady.

And some fans contempt for other fans.

Prague under Levein ended my pretty impressive (even if I say so myself) attendance record. Utterly demoralising night that finished me off. Only games I've been to since was the 2-2 draw with Poland and Wembley (but that one was only because I was taking clients in Corporate Hospitality).

In terms of my level of interest, that remained undiminished and I continued to watch all games on the telly. Then indyref happened and due to my high level of scunneredness (word?), my interest went on the decline. Not suggesting I don't care. I'll still watch it tonight, but if we lose it'll just be "meh". 10 years ago I'd have been sick to my stomach and it would've ruined my weekend. The fanny who gret like a wee lassie when Faddy missed that chance against Italy is long gone. 

The Levein years and then the SFA price hike finished me off as a die hard fan.

I was reflecting just the other day with work colleagues on the 2008 qualifying campaign. 10 years ago. We put together a run of victories against Lithuania, France and Ukraine. I really believed we were going to do it. And then well, we all know what happened.

3 hours ago, bonny78 said:

I know. As more and more ppl start to vote against snp the party will soon die.  Ruth davidson taking charge of Scotland. Good news as i canny stand the snp and their inability to accept the 2014 referendum.   Its over guys. 

You are not a Scotland fan

In your mind you might be - but you are not

9 hours ago, TA Footsoldier said:

Two reasons TAMB has lost a lot of traffic, a) the team is going nowhere under Strachan and b ) it's fast become a political forum that doesn't accept any view other than SNP.

That and the same fuds posting over and over again trying to turn every thread into something about Aberdeen FC 

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

That and the same fuds posting over and over again trying to turn every thread into something about Aberdeen FC 

Oh, you've just turned this into an Aberdeen thread.

Irony.

13 hours ago, bonny78 said:

What a embarrassment of a human being you are

• 4 years later...
4 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

An apt thread........

It's just a lull between the end of a tournament and the start of a season. Pretty normal. Though our next set of fixtures are creeping closer and closer...

I'm excited to see who starts the season on fire. This time last year players like Nisbet, Adams, Turnbull, Patterson, and Hendry were barely on the radar. I wonder who will stake a claim this season!

7 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

It's just a lull between the end of a tournament and the start of a season. Pretty normal. Though our next set of fixtures are creeping closer and closer...

I'm excited to see who starts the season on fire. This time last year players like Nisbet, Adams, Turnbull, Patterson, and Hendry were barely on the radar. I wonder who will stake a claim this season!

Sadly it wasn’t that busy even for the Euros. 

Things have moved on to facebook and Twitter. 😕 Both platforms that i Cannae stand. Much prefer a message board. I must be an auld git now. 

30 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Sadly it wasn’t that busy even for the Euros. 

Things have moved on to facebook and Twitter. 😕 Both platforms that i Cannae stand. Much prefer a message board. I must be an auld git now. 

I thought it was the right amount of busy for the Euros. Though I do think taking away "upvote" buttons was a bad idea. I understand some people were abusing the other emojis, but a simple up vote can't really be abused. But because that isn't there, you sometimes feel like no one is listening, even if loads of people liked your comment in reality, you won't know.

11 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I thought it was the right amount of busy for the Euros. Though I do think taking away "upvote" buttons was a bad idea. I understand some people were abusing the other emojis, but a simple up vote can't really be abused. But because that isn't there, you sometimes feel like no one is listening, even if loads of people liked your comment in reality, you won't know.

Agree with all of this. Its also probably a bit quieter due to the school holidays, hot weather , and fewer covid restrictions. Once we are basking in the traditional 6 degrees and pishing rain more people will return. That said, it is generally a lot quieter.

When the emojis stopped I asked the mods/owners why, was told they didn’t add much. Think they got that decision wrong. They should have just got rid of the folk abusing them. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Agree with all of this. Its also probably a bit quieter due to the school holidays, hot weather , and fewer covid restrictions. Once we are basking in the traditional 6 degrees and pishing rain more people will return. That said, it is generally a lot quieter.

When the emojis stopped I asked the mods/owners why, was told they didn’t add much. Think they got that decision wrong. They should have just got rid of the folk abusing them. 

I think having the alternative emojis didn't add much. I'll sometimes pop on here for 5 minutes, but not have time to respond. However, an upvote button would be a way to show I appreciate a comment, without having to respond.

3 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I think having the alternative emojis didn't add much. I'll sometimes pop on here for 5 minutes, but not have time to respond. However, an upvote button would be a way to show I appreciate a comment, without having to respond.

I only ever used the upvote and haha, I do think humour is essential . Occasionally used the wee cup if someone helped me out but an upvote was just as useful in those situations. The other 2 emoticons were  unnecessary negatives, if you dont agree with someone have the balls to argue your case, not hide behind an emoji.