This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

This place is emptier than a Scottish pay toilet

Texas Pete

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. It's a sad state of affairs when we can't get up for a game like this though. 

I'm sure it will be a great atmosphere on the day and hopefully a good result but it just seems that most folk have accepted defeat already. 

A couple of years ago the TAMB would be full of enthusiasm for a few weeks before each game, even against less glamorous opposition. 

Guest MorayCupMan
12 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

With less than a week to go until our biggest match for years you would expect the TAMB to be buzzing. 

Is there just that much apathy due to us being gash for years or has this forum just died a death? 

I'm still celebrating the brazil win  :lol:...will start thinking about england game come wednesday..:(

Strachan and his habit of picking the same old tired losers is the main reason I have no enthusiasm. 

We'll play well at the start against England then they'll score. We'll recover only to lose another two goals in a gutless final 20 minutes. You've seen the film before, several times. 

And the SFA's insistence that Scotland games should cost an arm and a leg. Feck them. There's no entertainment value in their product.

There's no pride in supporting a bunch of over paid kvnts who don't really care enough.. I'll exempt a couple of players from that but only a couple. 

C'Mon guys there's so much crap going on in the Workd just now we should all be up for Saturday as I believe we can win 

A win was needed against Slovenia we did it and played well and I think that finally there are things to be positive about, the performances of Armstrong Griffiths and others there gives me grounds for enthusiasm.

Ryan Fraser and Tom Cairney are being rumoured to play this Saturday and at this stage let's all get right behind Scotland!

3 hours ago, Great Scot said:

C'Mon guys there's so much crap going on in the Workd just now we should all be up for Saturday as I believe we can win 

A win was needed against Slovenia we did it and played well and I think that finally there are things to be positive about, the performances of Armstrong Griffiths and others there gives me grounds for enthusiasm.

Ryan Fraser and Tom Cairney are being rumoured to play this Saturday and at this stage let's all get right behind Scotland!

I'm behind the team, but I won't be going to a Scotland game again, unless the pricing improves or the product on the pitch massively improves. 

I wouldn't pay to watch a movie that was gash, so why do that with football? 

Armchair supporter for me for a while I think. 

29 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm behind the team, but I won't be going to a Scotland game again, unless the pricing improves or the product on the pitch massively improves. 

I wouldn't pay to watch a movie that was gash, so why do that with football? 

Armchair supporter for me for a while I think. 

Is it the same with club football ? As unless you are a celtic or maybe hibs fan. It is also overpriced and even more shite.

I am definitely up for the game this week. We will be up against it for sure but this is what we live for as Scotland fans. Whilst it's unlikely it's not impossible we get the win and hopefully the place will be rocking come 5pm on Saturday. 

Alba gu bràth

3 hours ago, 1ANDYP said:

Is it the same with club football ? As unless you are a celtic or maybe hibs fan. It is also overpriced and even more shite.

I'm a Rangers supporter so the entertainment is at rock bottom just now. Haven't been to a game since the start of the season but that's not too unusual for me the last few years as the football has been dire and the cost is ridiculous when there's 3 kids to take. 

I dont know anyone including myself thats really up for it apart from a couple of half hearted texts to arrange a pub to watch it in

I'll probably make excuses and not bother - have got rid of Sky Sports too

It's been a combination of things that finished it off for me - the final straw being 19 September 2014

SFA incompetence, mismanagement, corruption, lack of ambition and foresight for the 40 + years ive followed the National Team when it was clear to everyone and his dug that we were going on a downward spiral is the main driver for my apathy

And the old saying is true - once you lose it you never get it back

41 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I dont know anyone including myself thats really up for it apart from a couple of half hearted texts to arrange a pub to watch it in

It's been a combination of things that finished it off for me - the final straw being 19 September 2014

SFA incompetence, mismanagement, corruption, lack of ambition and foresight for the 40 + years ive followed the National Team when it was clear to everyone and his dug that we were going on a downward spiral is the main driver for my apathy

Game is on itv mind. 

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Remind me what happened on 19th Sept 2014?

13 minutes ago, Rude Gullit said:

Remind me what happened on 19th Sept 2014?

The result of the referendum was known then this happened

Related image