Manchester Arena Explosion - Page 7 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester Arena Explosion

Just now, aaid said:

The stuff I've seen, detonator, backpack, shrapnel, etc. that is on the BBC website - and which I've just soiled myself by looking at the Daily Mail to check if that was the sameĀ - is the stuff that was originally in the NYT.

You can quite legitimately question why UK media outlets are covering this though.

Ah cool, cheers for that. I especially appreciate checking the mail for me :)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False alarms are going to be prevalent in the upcoming days however GMP have just announced that the Army, including a bomb disposal unit, is on it's way to a college in Trafford Area of Manchester & roads are closed

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

They're not doing it because they believe in the burka or not. That's just a convienent excuse for them to hide from saying they are anti muslim.Ā <_<

On 2017-5-23 at 10:06 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Alright then I will turn it the way I like.

Perhaps you couldĀ leave your small town world and prejudices and go out and meet a few "New Scots" ? Ā They don't bite and they love Scotland too. People who aren't from Scotland originally but came and settled here are not sitting there plotting to murder us in our beds and take over the place you know.Ā :rolleyes:

Apologies over the quotes, new phone and the fact that you can't delete quotes doesn't help

3 hours ago, phart said:

Someone has leaked pictures to UK news as well.

Ā 

3 hours ago, aaid said:

The stuff I've seen, detonator, backpack, shrapnel, etc. that is on the BBC website - and which I've just soiled myself by looking at the Daily Mail to check if that was the sameĀ - is the stuff that was originally in the NYT.

You can quite legitimately question why UK media outlets are covering this though.

That's what I understood as well. The UK media has picked up the pictures that were leaked to the US media. Unless there's stuff out there that was published in UK first, which I haven't seen any indication of.

1 hour ago, biffer said:

Ā 

That's what I understood as well. The UK media has picked up the pictures that were leaked to the US media. Unless there's stuff out there that was published in UK first, which I haven't seen any indication of.

Nah, it's as you guys say. I was unaware of the NYtimes angle that's why I thought what i did.

4 hours ago, aaid said:

Of course you can.

Last night and this morning there was moral outrage that such material could be printed and it was hugely disrespectful on the part of the US media to run with such images. But from what I can see, the UK media/press have reprinted the images losing any kind of moral high-ground. Is it less disrespectful because someone else printed them first? P***.

Edited by Auld_Reekie

Apparently the UK shares all terror related intelligence with selected other countries on a database. The information that was leaked to the NYT (by someone in the US intelligence services)Ā was posted on it. It included the name of the suspect and all the forensic photographs of fragments of the device you may have seen plus pretty much everything the policeĀ knew to date.Ā 

Manchester police have stopped sharing information on this investigation as a result.

It was a laugh right when it was TrumpĀ getting screwed by them but now it is the investigation into the slaughter of 22 people. These people are out of control. I hope they find them and they spend the rest of their lives in windowless cell.

edit: here you go.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/25/uk-police-stop-passing-information-to-us-over-leaks-of-key-evidence

Edited by thplinth

The father of the man whoĀ blew up all the people in Manchester was given asylum in the UK and a British passport after Libyan police issued a warrant for his arrest due to terrorist activities in Libya. I shit you not.

He and some of his sons (the ones not dead by blowing up a bomb surrounded by children) haveĀ been arrested as well.

"The father of Salman Abedi, theĀ ManchesterĀ Arena suicide bomber, fought... ...with a group that was designated a terrorist organisation by the US, according to a man who says he fought alongside him."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/bombers-father-fought-against-gaddafi-regime-with-terrorist-group

They let a guy in who was a wanted terrorist in his homeland and the US and was aĀ trained killer.

His youngish son just detonated a suicide bomb in Manchester...surrounded by children.Ā 

Any connection?

Edited by thplinth

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The father of the man whoĀ blew up all the people in Manchester was given asylum in the UK and a British passport after Libyan police issued a warrant for his arrest due to terrorist activities in Libya. I shit you not.

He and some of his sons (the ones not dead by blowing up a bomb surrounded by children) haveĀ been arrested as well.

"The father of Salman Abedi, theĀ ManchesterĀ Arena suicide bomber, fought... ...with a group that was designated a terrorist organisation by the US, according to a man who says he fought alongside him."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/24/bombers-father-fought-against-gaddafi-regime-with-terrorist-group

We let a guy in who was a wanted terrorist in his homeland and thge US and was aĀ trained killer.

His youngish son just detonated a suicide bomb in Manchester...surrounded by children.Ā 

Any connection?

Do you think this was a mistake?

7 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The general reason why people are granted asylum is because they are likely to be in danger from the government in their home country.

Given that in this case that was the Gaddafi regime - public enemy #1 at that time - no doubt the UK government took a more favourable view on any anti-Gaddafi activities he was supposed to be involved in.

ThisĀ won't be the first or last time that the west' approach of my "enemy's enemy is my friend" as far as the Middle East is concerned has backfired.Ā 

23 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I just knew you especially would be along to say the magic bogey word 'Gadaffi'. Like that justifiedĀ allowing this guy into the UK.Ā 

Crap I lost 80% of that post.

This guy hated Gadaffi. ButĀ Cameron & Co killed Gadaffi years ago. So he should love us. But Libya is now fhucked. So turns out he hates us. Fickle these people willing to kill other people when they are unhappy... who could have foreseen it. Maybe inviting powderkeg trained terrorist killers into your country because they are the enemies of your enemies or politically the flavour of the hourĀ is a shit idea. That was about it.

I ran out of time the other night but there was one further post I wanted to make on it. It is not just the Middle East being Balkanised. The Yinon plan is a regional plan but it was scaled up and applied to the world as well. They call it the Wolfowitz Doctrine. It basically states that no other nation can be allowed to rise in power to the point that it could challenge the US. (What is implicit is how you keep them down.)

So what they do is they periodically reset these nations back to a reduced state, usually by bombing their infrastructure 'back to the stone age'. So many countries have been 'reset' in the last 10 years it is frightening. Libya was one...

But it is not just by bombing they attack and it is not just the ME they are attacking. It is global.Ā How is South America doing, Central America? Africa?Ā 

They see Europe as an even bigger threat. Russia, Iran, China... on and on and on.

And they have weaponized immigration. Because with Europe that is the weapon she is vulnerable to.Ā 

America is the Empire of the One Eyed Man. (S)he has to keep blinding all her neighbours generation after generation to remain king.Ā 

On 23 May 2017 at 9:52 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

Where some of my folks lived in 1911 -Ā Portugal St, Gorbals -Ā there were according to the census Irish, Poles, Germans, Russians and Italians living in the same building as them. You'd also find plenty of sailors from the Indian subcontinent in the boarding houses ofĀ Greenock and Port Glasgow.

Ā 

My great-grandparents were married in St. John's Church on Portugal St in 1909.Ā 

On 05/25/2017 at 1:09 AM, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

In the same way after 7/7 bombings the left wing refugee hugging terrorist sympathizer types appear peddling their crap whilst folk are still trying to find their kids

Ā 

Avoided posting on this thread cos it's just so so sad. Think I'm what the poster would callĀ  " a left wing....". But I'm really questioning my beliefs now. The pics of theĀ  victims have got to me!

Islamic extremists will use our actions in the Middle East as an excuseĀ 

Islamic extremists will use our inactions in the Middle East as an excuse

Instability in a region caused by our actions will make more people susceptible to extremist ideology

Regions in the middle east supported by the West and controlled by Dictators that persecute certain factions to keep the peace will make more people susceptible to extremist ideology

Regions in the middle east not supported by the West and controlled by Dictators that persecute certain factions to keep the peace will make more people susceptible to extremist ideology

Having absolutely nothing to do with the middle east and leaving them to their own devices will not stop people being susceptible to extremist ideology because of the different sectarian factions in every region

Having absolutely nothing to do with the middle east and leaving them to their own devices would allow all of these Islamic regimes to develop Nuclear weaponry if they really wanted to

Ā 

Edited by Ally Bongo