Manchester Arena Explosion - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester Arena Explosion

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Manchester is a city I get.  Love it.  The music from the place overwhelmed me and still does. Through in football, humour, style and attitude it ticks all my boxes. Going out there for a pint is like being home which sounds weird but I genuinely feel as comfortable there as anywhere else.  Feels like an attack on my home.

Utterly brutal thing to happen anywhere in the UK or abroad.  Hits harder when so close to home though.

I'd say similar about Manchester, I love it.

It's very like Glasgow in so many ways.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Most terrorism experts believe it wont just be a lone wolf mainly because of the type of bomb used 

Lone wolf to detonate it - but assistants to make such a device

Is it too early and too cynical to say it's came at the right time for Theresa ?

I dont thonk its an unreasonable observation. I would give it a day or two and the usual right wing rags will be telling their readers that under a Corbyn government, this kind of attack would become a regular occurence.

If it was a suicide vest I am thinking this means they have access to military explosives in the UK now. Very bad news if so. How are they getting it in... If they have that they will have assault rifles as well I expect.

As for targeting kids - did people not read the details of the Syrian bus bombing recently. They lured dozens of children out of buses offering them treats from a car which contained a bomb. Once they were all around the car they blew them up. There are no limits anymore. Utter depravity is the norm.

Arndale shopping centre now evacuated

Hopefully just being extra vigilant and nothing untoward but i realise thats a bit naive

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Arndale shopping centre now evacuated

Hopefully just being extra vigilant and nothing untoward but i realise thats a bit naive

Reports of shots fired and a man arrested.

So the arrest at the Arndale is not related to last night's attack, but they've arrested a man in South Manchester which IS in relation to the Arena attack. Both those statements from Greater Manchester Police

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

As for targeting kids - did people not read the details of the Syrian bus bombing recently. They lured dozens of children out of buses offering them treats from a car which contained a bomb. Once they were all around the car they blew them up. There are no limits anymore. Utter depravity is the norm.

Yeah, kids who'd been starving as no food was being allowed in our out of the town they were in, it was completely barricaded. They coaxed them over with food and then blew them up. 

Utterly evil. 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

If it was a suicide vest I am thinking this means they have access to military explosives in the UK now. Very bad news if so. How are they getting it in... If they have that they will have assault rifles as well I expect.

That's a whole load of assumptions and some wild conclusion you're drawing. 

39 minutes ago, they've_been_suckered said:

Has completely missed that news. Grim. 

It's easy to miss brown people being killed, our media doesn't report on it much. 

Brutal and cowardly move. Beyond comprehension on how these vermin think there is any just in attacks like this. The problem now is that the causalty count isn't the main thing anymore, it's about PR value from our sensationalist media which shows how calculated and targeted this really was. 

Sickening stuff. 

I'm down in our Preston office and the first victim named was the cousin of one of the lassies that works here.  I don't think the girl found out till she got to work so it's pretty grim down here at the moment.

37 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's easy to miss brown people being killed, our media doesn't report on it much. 

Exactly what I said this morning. As horrible as last night was in Manchester, the thousands of children who have died at the hands of Western bullying goes totally unnoticed. :(