Manchester Arena Explosion - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester Arena Explosion

Ignoring the fake pictures on twitter but it looks grim

There are some amount of ambulances in attendence and Greater Manchester Police have described it as a serious incident

The only hope is that casualties are more to do with the panic rather than a real explosion

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to a guy who was there on the Beeb. He was waiting for his wife and daughter when the explosion happened, he was blown off his feet. He ran in and saw about 20-30 people lying on the floor. Clearly some of them dead.

Sounds fecking horrific.

J

26 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Listening to a guy who was there on the Beeb. He was waiting for his wife and daughter when the explosion happened, he was blown off his feet. He ran in and saw about 20-30 people lying on the floor. Clearly some of them dead.

Sounds fecking horrific.

J

This is the guy.

19 minutes ago, Mox said:

Horific stuff last night and given the number of casulties and level of destruction, you have to wonder if there have been a number of people involved.

According to news reports, which will still be developing, it was one person, one explosion. All the vids that have been released by people at the concert only seem to indicate one explosion.

Manchester is a city I get.  Love it.  The music from the place overwhelmed me and still does. Through in football, humour, style and attitude it ticks all my boxes. Going out there for a pint is like being home which sounds weird but I genuinely feel as comfortable there as anywhere else.  Feels like an attack on my home.

Utterly brutal thing to happen anywhere in the UK or abroad.  Hits harder when so close to home though.

28 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

According to news reports, which will still be developing, it was one person, one explosion. All the vids that have been released by people at the concert only seem to indicate one explosion.

Yeah, I didnt mean last night, I meant in relation to the planning and sourcing of materials etc, it seems to have caused maximum damage and i'm just sceptical that one person could do the whole thing.

Most terrorism experts believe it wont just be a lone wolf mainly because of the type of bomb used 

Lone wolf to detonate it - but assistants to make such a device

Is it too early and too cynical to say it's came at the right time for Theresa ?

On the train home now from Manchester with wife and kids. Walked right past Manchester Arena and Victoria Station about 5pm yesterday - football museum is right there. Can't imagine how the families affected must be feeling. Atmosphere was strange walking into Piccadilly Station. To be honest was pretty on edge, mrs had tears in her eyes. Armed police everywhere. Totally horrific.

29 minutes ago, Alan said:

Manchester is a city I get.  Love it.  The music from the place overwhelmed me and still does. Through in football, humour, style and attitude it ticks all my boxes. Going out there for a pint is like being home which sounds weird but I genuinely feel as comfortable there as anywhere else.  Feels like an attack on my home.

Ive lived in both Manchester and Glasgow - know exactly what you mean.

43 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Most terrorism experts believe it wont just be a lone wolf mainly because of the type of bomb used 

Lone wolf to detonate it - but assistants to make such a device

Is it too early and too cynical to say it's came at the right time for Theresa ?

Too early but not too cynical.