Paul Lambert - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Head scratcher of an appointment and could go massively mammary glands skyward.  Being 137th choice currently seems to almost galvanised the fans into getting behind him though so if we beat Huddersfield he might keep us up – if we lose can see it turning very quickly. 

Think managers that can get low 30% win ratios short term are ten a penny to be honest and currently that’s all we need.  If he keeps us up can see him getting punted for a sexier name whereas we go down he’ll probably get until Christmas the following season.   

So long as he puts a team out that looks like it could win a 50/50 or second ball would do me at the moment. 

He's not who I thought you'd get but you're playing us at a good time (we're crap basically, especially away). Any recommendations for pubs?

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 9:18 PM, Huddersfield said:

He's not who I thought you'd get but you're playing us at a good time (we're crap basically, especially away). Any recommendations for pubs?

The ground is on a soulless expanse of waste ground so nowt near by.  Stoke town centre is rough but there is a Weatherspoons (Wheatsheaf) and will be busy with fans - no idea on colours though as still have the odd knob head, Hanley is the 'city' centre with couple of good bars but been a few years since I've been there and it was a bit like something out of a zombie movie last time - quite a few fans drink there and get taxi/bus in.

Best bars are in Newcastle under Lyme and about 10 minutes in a taxi away but not sure if many fans drink there to be honest. 

Hope you enjoy it.  From the training sessions Stoke are going press but haven't got the stamina for it - if we don't score within 60 minutes can see you winning it as we run out of steam.  Atmosphere should be decent for the first time in years though at least. 

16 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

The ground is on a soulless expanse of waste ground so nowt near by.  Stoke town centre is rough but there is a Weatherspoons (Wheatsheaf) and will be busy with fans - no idea on colours though as still have the odd knob head, Hanley is the 'city' centre with couple of good bars but been a few years since I've been there and it was a bit like something out of a zombie movie last time - quite a few fans drink there and get taxi/bus in.

Best bars are in Newcastle under Lyme and about 10 minutes in a taxi away but not sure if many fans drink there to be honest. 

Hope you enjoy it.  From the training sessions Stoke are going press but haven't got the stamina for it - if we don't score within 60 minutes can see you winning it as we run out of steam.  Atmosphere should be decent for the first time in years though at least. 

Cheers mate. I think a few of our 'old school' characters might be heading to the Wheatsheaf although you can never be sure with them where they will rack up. I think we've sold out our allocation anyway. I've only seen us at Stoke a couple of times (first one was at the Victoria & last one well over 10 years since) so looking forward to it. The one thing we have going for us is we are generally very fit, so will be interesting if we can hang on.

Stoke fans were decent up at ours & made plenty of noise.

5 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Can you do us all a favour you selfish bastard and post the stuff we all love you for instead of this informative guff? 

17 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Just a shame Huddersfield never did. 

Bit like Stoke's first season - surprised a few in the early parts of the season but points got harder to come by as teams worked us out.  We signed Etherington and Beattie which changed the dynamic of the side enough to keep us up.  

Couple of decent signings and you'll be orate.  Stoke need 9 points from next 5 games at least because run-in is pretty tricky.   

15 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Bit like Stoke's first season - surprised a few in the early parts of the season but points got harder to come by as teams worked us out.  We signed Etherington and Beattie which changed the dynamic of the side enough to keep us up.  

Couple of decent signings and you'll be orate.  Stoke need 9 points from next 5 games at least because run-in is pretty tricky.   

There's a fair bit of defeatism cropping up now amongst our lot - the next two games are Liverpool at home & Man Utd away so nowt there. 

We managed to get in a couple of Stoke pubs in the town (White Star to sink a few Titanics - boom, boom) & Ye Olde Bull & Bush & got chatting to a few of your fans, all decent lads & as always with HTFC aside from 90 minutes in the middle, a good day out all round.

Have to say going back on topic, Lambert looked like someone had spiked his drink with Red Bull & cocaine - very funny to watch!