Paul Lambert - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

9 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Sacked again.

What an utter failure of a manager he's become. And to think at one time he looked to be a front runner for Celtic!

Next Scotland Manager.

He did well for Wolves.

The issue is around signing players and who has control. His performance is not the reason he has been sacked. 

11 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

He did well for Wolves.

The issue is around signing players and who has control. His performance is not the reason he has been sacked. 

He's been sacked, not exactly a positive. The football was poor and tactically he was all over the shop according to my Wolves supporting work friend and nobody is unhappy to see him go. 

He's ploughing through the clubs is Paul. 

Edited to say I'm not disputing your "he did well" but is a mixture of a few wins along with a good few defeats what the fans are looking for I guess? Their record under him was strange, some big wins v Leeds away, who are pish mind you, Fulham too then some rank performances v other teams. 

Edited by macy37

Wolves will annouce their 4th manager in 10 months. Basketcase club that could struggle again next season. 

The problem Lambert has is that he keeps going to these kind of clubs. Villa and Blackburn (both done worse since Lambert left) and now Wolves are all clubs to avoid as a manager and Lambert has jumped in. He'll be a Blackpool next! 

48 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Wolves will annouce their 4th manager in 10 months. Basketcase club that could struggle again next season. 

The problem Lambert has is that he keeps going to these kind of clubs. Villa and Blackburn (both done worse since Lambert left) and now Wolves are all clubs to avoid as a manager and Lambert has jumped in. He'll be a Blackpool next! 

I was just thinking the same!

• 7 months later...
8 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

:blink: Never saw that coming. Price on Stoke to be relegated will be odds on now.

You and me both!!

Oh, and while i am here.......

On 5/16/2017 at 7:10 AM, PASTA Mick said:

Oh, if only we had a crystal ball!! :lol:

Utterly baffling appointment. Stoke have obviously shat themselves after Flores and presumably MoN turned them down and the usual emergency appointments Pardew and Big Sam just taking other positions.

Lambert must b running low on cash and looking for another severance package.

I'd be more than happy if he loses his first few games - starting on Saturday :)

It's a perfect away trip that I don't want ruining by football - my wife's organising a baby shower (whatever the f**k one of those is) for my daughter so me & the lad are doing the only decent thing & he's driving me to Stoke to go on the lash.

Head scratcher of an appointment and could go massively mammary glands skyward.  Being 137th choice currently seems to almost galvanised the fans into getting behind him though so if we beat Huddersfield he might keep us up – if we lose can see it turning very quickly. 

Think managers that can get low 30% win ratios short term are ten a penny to be honest and currently that’s all we need.  If he keeps us up can see him getting punted for a sexier name whereas we go down he’ll probably get until Christmas the following season.   

So long as he puts a team out that looks like it could win a 50/50 or second ball would do me at the moment. 

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not bad work. Surprised he got so long a deal. 

Reckon the thinking is if he had a 6 month deal or even 18 month the perception would be he was a stopgap to the summer.  The 2.5 year makes it look like he's long term and will be supported but on the other hand wouldn't cost a fortune if someone bigger came available in the summer.   Weirdly I think his job is safer if we get relegated.