Rugby World Cup - Page 11 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby World Cup

Tartan_Don

Well that would have been a travesty if New Zealand had won given the way the match went. England were better in every department and looked like a well-oiled machine working to a plan. New Zealand never really got a foot hold in the match and never really looked like they'd win at any point. Full credit to England.

South Africa beat Wales 19-16 in a tight encounter. Wales will kick themselves as they were to play their best rugby earlier in the tournament. Still they dug in really well and almost pulled off a win but in the end South Africa prevailed.

The final next weekend will be between South Africa and England. If England reproduce the kind of display that blew away the mighty All Blacks then they will win. I just don't see where South Africa will hurt England.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:13 AM, bonzo said:

I hope I'm wrong but I feel a really boring final coming on, two teams that basically rely on penalties to win games. 

Considering England have scored 22 tries in five games this world cup, that may be a little unfair. 

On 10/27/2019 at 12:24 PM, Orraloon said:

England will win easily.

They didn't just beat NZ, they demolished them. 

I don't recall seeing a New Zealand team that well beaten in a very long time. 

Depends what South Africa show up, they could spring a surprise if they play as they did in New Zealand earlier this year. But England are definitely favourites.

20 hours ago, phart said:

Both England and the Boks have taken galllons of HGH, jesus christ never seen such obviously doped athletes outside of the East German Olympic trials in 1988.

You should see the Welsh Under 20s

1 hour ago, biffer said:

You should see the Welsh Under 20s

Are they huge as well? Something like 58% of all violations are in Rugby now.

Some of these boys have slabs of muscle for pecs etc and then can run all game, I read an article about one boy and once you work it out he was put on a stone of muscle in a month.

On 10/29/2019 at 8:09 AM, phart said:

Are they huge as well? Something like 58% of all violations are in Rugby now.

Some of these boys have slabs of muscle for pecs etc and then can run all game, I read an article about one boy and once you work it out he was put on a stone of muscle in a month.

they take it at schools as well to give them opportunity of getting into clubs @ 16/18 - some of the young guys in south africa are huge

9 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Have to say I didn't see this coming but the Boks have been best by miles here.

Me neither. England's scrum was awful. OK they lost their prop early on but even so. Boks just totally controlled the scrum after that. Mind you, it was still pretty close when Farrell missed that penalty. I think that was a crucial point in the game. It was all Boks after that. Two great tries.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:53 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

South Africa, I feel, will need to do what England did last week. Come up with water tight, well-planned tactics to negate the opposition and play the match on their terms. Do that and they can win but I can only see England winning to be honest.

Well that is what South Africa did. Had a gameplan and executed it to perfection. This week, as it was last week for New Zealand, England had no answer and never really got going.