Rugby World Cup - Page 9 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby World Cup

Tartan_Don

6 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

To be honest I am not too fussed as regardless of us getting through today we would have been totally annihilated in the QF's. Besides on the evidence of the first half Japan merit it.

All the best to japan against the Springboks. They can and probably will win.

Everybody’s favourite nation to play against! We are guaranteed to fold or make the wrong decision at the crucial moment every single time!

For me, we just had to play a bit more clever when their tails were up in the first half, take the ball in hand and suffocate the game a bit! Instead every time we got possession we kicked it back to Japan and invited more pressure!

Nation of losers in every walk of life!

On 8/13/2019 at 2:21 PM, Orraloon said:

I'm going for a Wales v Scotland final. Once we have beaten NZ or SA in the quarters we will have no reason to fear anybody. That's if we make it to the quarters, of course.;)

OK that's half of my prediction oot the windy so, now I'm going for Wales v All Blacks in the final. Hope it's the All Blacks because if it's not them it will be England.

No matter what sport you follow, it’s just relentless let down after let down....even when we had that incredible comeback in the six nations, we still wilted in the final seconds to snatch a draw from the greatest win in our history.

Fair play to Japan, great to watch, really going places as a rugby nation, good luck to them in the quarters.

14 minutes ago, SWMM82 said:

No matter what sport you follow, it’s just relentless let down after let down....even when we had that incredible comeback in the six nations, we still wilted in the final seconds to snatch a draw from the greatest win in our history.

Fair play to Japan, great to watch, really going places as a rugby nation, good luck to them in the quarters.

With the exception of andy murray who to bugger off to spain go get the right training, we are a nation of losers. 

13 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

With the exception of andy murray who to bugger off to spain go get the right training, we are a nation of losers. 

Can’t think of any notable achievement on the world stage from any of our national sides.

36 minutes ago, Daz1982 said:

Can’t think of any notable achievement on the world stage from any of our national sides.

We're not really a sporty nation though. More folk watch sport than take part in it. We are a nation of lazy fukers just expecting other folk to do things for us. 

Have you ever achieved anything in a sporting context?

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

We're not really a sporty nation though. More folk watch sport than take part in it. We are a nation of lazy fukers just expecting other folk to do things for us. 

Have you ever achieved anything in a sporting context?

I would say we take sport just as seriously as any other of the home nations for example, we just have a general acceptance of failure imo.

I won the 100 metre race at my school sports day when I was 5 years old!

Lol what a negative bunch. We are the same as most small nations when it comes to sporting achievement. We have our moments and do ok. If you look at say Norway or Ireland it's the same story. We have won the 5 nations, we have had world champion boxers, Chris Hoy, Andy murray, we used to qualify for most football tournaments up until the noughties. Our rugby team has always made quarter final appearances in the world cup. 

People have a loser attitude in here because they expect us to achieve big things and they have unrealistic expectations of our small country. Just because we are shit at football atm doesn't mean we are shit at all sports or a country of losers.