Rugby World Cup - Page 8 - Rugby - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rugby World Cup

Tartan_Don

2mUg_6Jh_x96.jpg

Just went for a stroll there. Coming up for 2am in this corner of Yokohama and all is calm, dry and muggy. Some sirens in the distance a bit eerie. Met a man walking his dog across Minatomirai Bridge. He was tidying up fallen tree branches as he went. An amazing country

Irony is that they could favour the 'big' teams and move games around for them if required, but it is not.

It's the likes of us for which 1st round games are like finals.   And I'm sure Japan would rather not go through this way either.

1 hour ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

nail

head

It's not really. Nobody us expecting the match to be played at time where lives are at risk. Moving it to another day where a freak weather event isn't occurring is all that being asked

28 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Should be a cracking match. However, even if Scotland win there is no way on Earth we will beat New Zealand in the QF's. Ireland cannot be passed by Scotland so should we win they play South Africa.

Having seen South Africa I don't think that'd be much easier tbh.

Some real anti Scotland / SRU sentiments on social media and other rugby message boards (I’m on the Bath one).

I don’t get it, what were the SRU meant to do? A robots pre empting of our position was absolutely what was required. “You stitch us up (again Joubert), we will see you in the CAS”.

J

17 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Some real anti Scotland / SRU sentiments on social media and other rugby message boards (I’m on the Bath one).

I don’t get it, what were the SRU meant to do? A robots pre empting of our position was absolutely what was required. “You stitch us up (again Joubert), we will see you in the CAS”.

J

If this was england, they would just role over and take it like good sportsmen. The english media would go into meltdown.

My company has an office in bath and reading, the rugby fans I know are not criticising the sru or scotland. They are saying theyd do the same and it's totally unfair what could have happened. 

Just back in Osaka having been up at Suzuka for the grand prix. 

I honestly don't think it would have made any difference had it been a 'big' team that had a tournament-critical match cancelled. One thing I've learned out here is that the language is a right bastard … the other thing is that the Japanese operate on a basis of rigid inflexibility. The scenario was in the pre-tournament rules, and they'd have been followed (and were followed in two cases) regardless. it's cultural, and the Rugby World Cup isn't going to change this culture.

T'ra