Play off winner

Other groups (all plus 2 qualifiers)

Pool B

New Zealand, South Africa, Italy

Pool C

England, France, Argentina 

Pool D

Australia, Wales, Georgia

Decent draw for us. Japan has banana skin written all over it, their players will improve playing in Super Rugby and they'll be together as a team basically from now on, big home crowd and they'll be targeting Scotland as a game they can win to get into a quarter final. 

Having said that, we can win every game in that group, and that's what the target should be. Equally we could screw up and lose two. However, that's a better situation than we are normally in, so I'm happy with the draw.

• 5 months later...
20 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

So is it likely to be Samoa and Romania in our pot? If so, the effects of the four day turnaround before the Japan game could be mitigated somewhat if it’s romania first. 

Can't see it being anyone other than Romania from Europe. Either Samoa or Tonga the other one. 

Key is first up though. Beat Ireland and the Japan game should become a 1v2 decider. 

• 7 months later...

I have applied for NZ v SA on Saturday 21/9 and SCO v IRE on Sunday 22/9, both in Yokohama.

Not sure where I will be but likely Vietnam before so not too far. Should be a good if expensive weekend.

4 tickets were 330 quid. Lowest category for All Blacks game and 2nd lowest category for Scotland game.

Have you looked into flights yet? I’ve not really bothered as I’m just presuming it will all be too expensive, but my mate married a Japanese lass and is now going, so I’d have somewhere to stay  for a few nights. The idea of stopping off somewhere cheaper like Vietnam sounds like a plan...

On 6/28/2018 at 12:02 AM, Duncan Blackheart said:

Have you looked into flights yet? I’ve not really bothered as I’m just presuming it will all be too expensive, but my mate married a Japanese lass and is now going, so I’d have somewhere to stay  for a few nights. The idea of stopping off somewhere cheaper like Vietnam sounds like a plan...

I’m working in Vietnam and my hoose is in Philippines so I will just be in and out for the long weekend.

You want to be looking at flights into Haneda as opposed to Narita as it’s closer by far to Yokohama.

On 6/26/2018 at 6:19 PM, Mitre said:

I have applied for NZ v SA on Saturday 21/9 and SCO v IRE on Sunday 22/9, both in Yokohama.

Not sure where I will be but likely Vietnam before so not too far. Should be a good if expensive weekend.

4 tickets were 330 quid. Lowest category for All Blacks game and 2nd lowest category for Scotland game.

Something gone wrong here! Read 2 posts above!

• 1 year later...

So it's almost upon us. Scotland start their warm up matches with a double header against France. Away from home this Saturday at 8pm.

New Zealand have hit a rough patch with SA winning the rugby championship and the Aussies beating New Zealand last week.

This opens things up for a different winner.

I have a feeling this will be irelands year

22 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So it's almost upon us. Scotland start their warm up matches with a double header against France. Away from home this Saturday at 8pm.

New Zealand have hit a rough patch with SA winning the rugby championship and the Aussies beating New Zealand last week.

This opens things up for a different winner.

I have a feeling this will be irelands year

Think Ireland are just the wrong side of their peak - if it had been last year or the year before, I'd agree, but I think they'll come up short. I think the South Africans have a big shot at it. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Yeah - I think SA are my slight favourites. Currently behind NZ and england in the betting.

They are in the tougher side of the draw (with us), but have been on an upwards curve since Rassie took over.

I can see us beating Ireland and losing to Samoa.

I think the SAvNZ pool game will be very tentative, neither side wanting to give much away in anticipation of maybe meeting again in the final.

If we have some crazy Good Finn games, we could go a long way in the tournament though....

15 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Agree. The first game v France is on the free view premier channel on Monday morning, if that’s any help. 

I will settle for IPTV, if that doesn;t work I Will give it a miss. 

I can see the attraction of money from Premier but I know one person who pays for it. 

I was hoping we would surprise a few people at this world cup but I think its quarter finals at best again. I can't see us getting past NZ or SA if we do get out of the groups. I don't think we will be embarrassed but we will fall short.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:53 AM, vanderark14 said:

I will settle for IPTV, if that doesn;t work I Will give it a miss. 

I can see the attraction of money from Premier but I know one person who pays for it. 

I was hoping we would surprise a few people at this world cup but I think its quarter finals at best again. I can't see us getting past NZ or SA if we do get out of the groups. I don't think we will be embarrassed but we will fall short.

Dunno if it will be streamed here...

https://www.scottishrugby.org/?fbclid=IwAR3Oee0_eKpwsTq2GVYoNa-X32IaXyZL7ezZSdxl9rA3LyVqK_cvRO9x3qg