Cathro and MacPhee - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-bosses-ian-cathro-austin-10304879

Seems like another crackpot idea from the Laptop.

However MacPhee comes across well and has good media training.  Heard him on Clyde radio a few months ago.  Given Cathro can't string a sentence together, I'm surprised Macphee isn't given media duties. 

Not matter, they'll be out by Christmas.

This campaign against Cathro by elements of the Scottish sports media is utterly pathetic. I'd imagine Cathro is not the type of guy that your average Scottish sports journo can phone up and get a cosy wee story for their s h itey papers and as such are undermining him at every opportunity.

I agree Cathro has been targeted and want him to do well.  He's not from the West of Scotland either which seems to go against you in the Scots journo world.  But there's no getting away from the fact he's a rabbit in headlights.  I'd love it if he did well but he's no leader.

MacPhee comes across well - pretty much the opposite.   i'm just surprised he's not used for all the media stuff. Would seem like a good way of doing it.

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

This whole "can't string a sentence together" myth seems to have grown arms and legs.

indeed it has

Funny how most Hearts fans are behind him and back him to make a success of it.

Its part of a month of fundraising by Hearts http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5886, they have held similar sessions with Paterson, Kitchen and a few other players and they have proved to be very popular, noticed they were not reported in the same way by the west coast media. 

1 hour ago, PapofGlencoe said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hearts-bosses-ian-cathro-austin-10304879

Seems like another crackpot idea from the Laptop.

However MacPhee comes across well and has good media training.  Heard him on Clyde radio a few months ago.  Given Cathro can't string a sentence together, I'm surprised Macphee isn't given media duties. 

Not matter, they'll be out by Christmas.

I'm not aware that it is "The laptops" idea. Feel free to oorrect me though.

What other "crackpot" ideas has he had?

Do tell...

Edited by neil r

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

indeed it has

Its part of a month of fundraising by Hearts http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5886, they have held similar sessions with Paterson, Kitchen and a few other players and they have proved to be very popular, noticed they were not reported in the same way by the west coast media. 

More tickets up for grabs to get a wee look at Ann's Boat?

2 hours ago, Mox said:

This campaign against Cathro by elements of the Scottish sports media is utterly pathetic. I'd imagine Cathro is not the type of guy that your average Scottish sports journo can phone up and get a cosy wee story for their s h itey papers and as such are undermining him at every opportunity.

100%

1 hour ago, hannibal smith said:

indeed it has

I get the impression that Hearts are under extremely good chair(wo)manship and rebuilding the club very well.

It wouldn't surprise me if they are are regularly challenging as the 2nd top club in Scotland in the next 1-2 years.

Considering where they were 2-3 years ago, if I were a HFC fan I'd be extremely happy and optimistic about the future (unlike me being a Utd fan).

1 hour ago, neil r said:

I'm not aware that it is "The laptops" idea. Feel free to oorrect me though.

What other "crackpot" ideas has he had?

Do tell...

Don't eat pie suppers for your tea.  Try to pass the ball to your team-mate on the ground.  Play creatively with imagination.

It'll never catch on.  Crackpot.