New jerseys? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

1 hour ago, Jamesie Cotter said:

I don't know why the SFA keep missing a trick with retro stuff.  First TOFFS lost the licence and then Score Draw.  The only retro with the official badge is a couple of shirts from JD Sports.

Tottenham are with Nike but still have official retro shirts with Umbro and Admiral branding, so it can't be that difficult to sort out. 

A plain Adidas '67 style long sleeve cotton retro with 3 stripes down the sleeves and a massive Scotland badge would do me fine.

I've been hoping for some 80s/early 90s adidas inspired gear - especially a tracksuit top. 

I read also that the adidas kits coming in a few months will be going retro, possibly inspired by the kits at Italia 90. (Similar to what Man U have got with their new black away kit pattern)

i see someone done adidas "concept kits" last year - the Scotland one is exactly what I'm talking about, https://talismancaps.com/blogs/talisman-co/adidas-retro-pattern-concept-kits-by-franco-carabajal

This would be the wrong time to leave adidas imo.

18 hours ago, JECK said:

I've been hoping for some 80s/early 90s adidas inspired gear - especially a tracksuit top. 

I read also that the adidas kits coming in a few months will be going retro, possibly inspired by the kits at Italia 90. (Similar to what Man U have got with their new black away kit pattern)

i see someone done adidas "concept kits" last year - the Scotland one is exactly what I'm talking about, https://talismancaps.com/blogs/talisman-co/adidas-retro-pattern-concept-kits-by-franco-carabajal

I know that that German shirt will feature the same design as their 1990 shirt with the 3 bands across the chest.

Adidas have also done a retro range of 80s Man Utd stuff, but I guess we don't have the back catalogue of designs with Adidas that some other teams have.  I agree that they could have put out a bit more basic gear such as a Scotland superstar jacket of one of their California retro t-shirts.  Also agree that adidas have generally given us good kits (but still not convinced on the neon pink) 

Those concept shirts look cracking btw.

Agree that a red away shirt would be a good move, we've not had a proper red shirt since the '82 away?

On 13/09/2017 at 8:14 PM, JECK said:

That Scotland top is awful

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, in5omniac said:

Probably get something from one of these templates: http://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/09/all-adidas-2018-19-teamwear-kits.html

This ones not too bad

adidas-entrada-18-world-cup-kit-template

Not sure how to post photos but the 'tabela 18' above this one is quite nice. Basically the same as the euro 2016 qualifying campaign but with white trim.

26 minutes ago, Manno said:

Not sure how to post photos but the 'tabela 18' above this one is quite nice. Basically the same as the euro 2016 qualifying campaign but with white trim.

Its in the link, further down the page

10 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Not bothered too much with particular design but it's got to be dark blue top, white shorts, red socks. 

I may have mentioned this before.

I’m with you regarding the red socks. It’s the strip combination I grew up with watching us qualify for World Cups. There are loads that hate the red socks though - ‘Unionist colours’. 

2 hours ago, McTeeko said:

All the tops in that link above are complete crap. Off-the-shelf, bland guff.

Aye the ones shown are but the final versions should look markedly different and won't be as bland. Think there is snippets of what Germany, Russia, Columbia snd Mexico are getting floating about.

Looks like there's a move away from the simple designs, even by Nike. 

Our new kit may use a template but it will probably have some bespoke element, but can' see it being tartan again.

This is Germany's 1990 inspired shirthttp://www.footyheadlines.com/2017/06/germany-2018-world-cup-home-kit.html

I think the contract will run out after the World Cup.  England's and France's run out then as well so could be some swapping of teams done then.

39 minutes ago, Davied14 said:

There will be a new Adidas shirt released (or at very least revealed) next month.

Current shirts are reduced to £20 in JD Sport now.

So we have definitely extended the contract with adidas - Is this not the final year? No confirmation of that I've seen.