New jerseys? - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

3 hours ago, Jamesie Cotter said:

Its a bit steeper than that.

The 2011 shirt (the 'Harry Hill') was £45 (from Scottish Football Direct aka Greaves)

The 2013 shirt (with silver badge) was £52 (from JD)

The 2015 white sleeved shirt was £55 (from JD)

This one is £60.

I make that £15 in 6 years.  But who's counting :)

Still, at least that's cheaper than the strips on the actual Adidas website, which go for £69 a pop.

Must have been a price freeze (or at least a very small increase) between 2000 and 2011. 

I definitely paid at least £40 in 2000. I did buy it in Debenhams right enough so maybe it was cheaper elsewhere. 

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Must have been a price freeze (or at least a very small increase) between 2000 and 2011. 

I definitely paid at least £40 in 2000. I did buy it in Debenhams right enough so maybe it was cheaper elsewhere. 

I remember buying the home top in 2010 and paying £40.

That's the last time I bought a home top until 3 weeks ago when I got the one just replaced for £15.

16 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I think the prices were around that level for a good while.  It seems that the price has risen steeply since the JD sports tie-in.   Although it seems to be reflected in the price of other shirts that are freely available from other shops.

The prices charged by the likes of the Adidas store and Subside Sports are ridiculous.  At least you can pick up the old shirt in JD for £20 to £15 quid.  Subside still sell last seasons shirts for around £40.

23 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

They had an everything must go closing down sale in the St James centre for about 6 years

Thats the game, im sure i got an Austria top for 15 quid and it was the newest one at the time.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2017 at 4:38 PM, JECK said:

The "Harry Hill" haha magic fella. Was looking at that top randomly the other day. That could have been the best of the lot had it not been for that fkin collar.

Agreed, apart from the collar it was a very decent shirt.  At one moment of madness did someone think an oversized collar would be the finishing touch?

12 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Got my “top Thai quality” strip in today.

Not bad for a tenner!

Definitely do for 5s, will need to try and see it next to the real thing as comparison.

I got mine too. I think the blue is slightly off but it will do me for the half a dozen times I will wear it at Scotland matches.

The 50 quid saving on the real one can pay for my SSC renewal ;)

9 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I got mine too. I think the blue is slightly off but it will do me for the half a dozen times I will wear it at Scotland matches.

The 50 quid saving on the real one can pay for my SSC renewal ;)

I ordered mine the other day as soon as you showed me yours. 

https://www.dhgate.com/product/best-quality-2018-scotland-soccer-jersey/406475560.html#myaccount_history-2-null

I bought a few tops from dhgate for fives, including this Scotland top. The other tops are real, or incredible copies, the Scotland top has a give away that it is a copy, the pattern on the front isnt quite right, but cant complain for £10.