New jerseys? - Page 30 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

• 4 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, WCTA said:

https://m.facebook.com/scotlandnationalteam/photos/a.485395839376/10159339461499377/?type=3&source=48

Seen this pish? Straight from one of those awful cheap tacky Royal Mile shops by the look of them. Who the hell is behind the whole design team? 😳🤦‍♂️

They did send a questionnaire out during the Chrsitmas Holidays, and it was basically multi-choice with "what would you like to see on a Scotland polo shirt?", and was always expecting the results to be bad (you are talking about getting fans to pick something after letting them pick a 90's Ned anthem for goal celebration music!)

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

They did send a questionnaire out during the Chrsitmas Holidays, and it was basically multi-choice with "what would you like to see on a Scotland polo shirt?", and was always expecting the results to be bad (you are talking about getting fans to pick something after letting them pick a 90's Ned anthem for goal celebration music!)

The whole thing is amateurish and it’s getting worse each year. Fuck all classy about much getting. 

8 minutes ago, WCTA said:

The whole thing is amateurish and it’s getting worse each year. Fuck all classy about much getting. 

Think its a case of they have no real idea what they could offer, so let the fans pick and its came back with the usual "saltire.... tartan.... lion rampant.... Alba.... all on the one shirt"

1-3 are basically those Hackett-style polo shirts that were popular around 2002-ish from USC, that you can only get on Alibaba these days (usually listed as "Blackwatch polo shirt")

Edited by wanderer

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Think its a case of they have no real idea what they could offer, so let the fans pick and its came back with the usual "saltire.... tartan.... lion rampant.... Alba.... all on the one shirt"

1-3 are basically those Hackett-style polo shirts that were popular around 2002-ish from USC, that you can only get on Alibaba these days (usually listed as "Blackwatch polo shirt")

I’ll tell you a true story...... Two years ago I was in New Orleans. I was stoating around, soaking up the streetfare with a cocktail in hand until I see some huge black woman sitting slouched on a chair in an open market. She had on one of those awful Black Watch shirts you are on about. I started chatting to her and asked her if she knew the background of the name Black Watch. She had no idea and said when she saw it online she simply had to buy it as she was a proud black woman and that’s what she thought it was all about. 😂🙈

41 minutes ago, WCTA said:

I’ll tell you a true story...... Two years ago I was in New Orleans. I was stoating around, soaking up the streetfare with a cocktail in hand until I see some huge black woman sitting slouched on a chair in an open market. She had on one of those awful Black Watch shirts you are on about. I started chatting to her and asked her if she knew the background of the name Black Watch. She had no idea and said when she saw it online she simply had to buy it as she was a proud black woman and that’s what she thought it was all about. 😂🙈

Yeah, sure I have seen you tell that story on facebook a number of times 😂

2 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Yeah, sure I have seen you tell that story on facebook a number of times 😂

To be there to see the way the woman was acting all cool and proud before she slumped after finding out the real story and what the Saltire flag symbolised was brilliant. 😂

59 minutes ago, WCTA said:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, WCTA said:

If you are in New Orleans, you’d understand. They just fill you up from “charging” stations as you bounce around the entire city centre jazzing it up. Unlike anything you’d see in Europe. 

Is it illegal to say “Naw, I’ll have a beer” like??

🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Well I've voted but none of them are great and although I'm not exactly an expert on male fashion I'm sure they're all polo shirts rather than t-shirts.  SFA obviously stands for knowing sfa

So, when are we do the new away top?  I saw the one on DH Gate, the thumbnail is still there but you cant order it. Are these knock off jerseys or are they legit product?  I ordered the previous home one, I found it too small for me and gave it to a pal but I simply could not tell it was a knock off. Now, perhaps he came out in a rash from the asbestos thread later, but we were both amazed at the quality. 

3 hours ago, WCTA said:

I’m still waiting on my strawberry daiquiri fae you. 

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

😆

Thats exactly why I’m going doon this road now - a lot of mileage you got out of that one! 🙈

Maybe see to your cocktail making class before I come down please? I’m sure you’s will have a great time. I’ll meet later. 

Guest ElChris04

Got a email in asking me to pick one (picked 4) But not that it’s any complement as there all rank rotten.. the kind of fruit of the loom knock off clobber i would expect to see on sale at The gallowgate.