New jerseys? - Page 28 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

Red, white & blue - check.

Hoops - check.

Looks like an argument on the design committee that was resolved in a way that sounded good in theory, but is bowfin’ in practice.

Will wait another couple of months before they launch the limited edition play-off kit at a bargain £59.95.

And if that’s no good, I’ll buy the kit for the Euros (yes, we’re going!) for a special, one-off £70.

And if that’s no good, I’ll buy the World Cup qualifiers kit with special breathable fabric for Qatar for just £80.

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

If Gordon Brown, Michelle Mone, J. K. Rowling, Jim Murphy and John Barrowman were to design a jersey for our national team, this would be it.

If Broon had anything to do with it, I’ll assume he must’ve kept his good eye shut.

Worst Scotland shirt ever.

Edited by DaveyDenoon

• 4 weeks later...

Independiente in Argentina’s new third jersey. Can you imagine how many of these beauties would sell with a Scotland badge on them? 😳

It’s all to do with the Scots who gave fitba’ to Argentina when they named their club St. Andrews.

7E085501-E99C-4596-B006-123948E37F25.jpeg

10 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Yesterday an advert appeared on Facebook for the new training wear but when you clicked the link it was an error on the JD site. Can't find it anywhere so I'm guessing it was a mistake. Anybody know?

Did you get a glimpse of any of the gear? It better no have BT plastered all over it like that crap Vauxhall guff from the last range 😡

19 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

FFS, subtle eh?

adidas Scotland Condivo 20 1/2 Zip Top Junior

Between Union flag colours on the home jersey and Better Together initials stamped all over this gear there has definitely been some dodgy Unionist handshakes going on at goat fucking towers. 

18 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Did you get a glimpse of any of the gear? It better no have BT plastered all over it like that crap Vauxhall guff from the last range 😡

BT should be supplying free merchandise and paying us to wear them regularly as we would be promoting their product.

Why should we give them free advertising?

On 12/9/2019 at 3:10 PM, Catchart Circle said:

BT should be supplying free merchandise and paying us to wear them regularly as we would be promoting their product.

Why should we give them free advertising?

They'll be paying the SFA. I assume by "we" you mean the fans, if that's the case then you surely think all football tops bought by supporters are free advertising for that company. Obviously the size of that team's fan base and level of TV coverage dictates how much it costs a company to get their name on the shirt. 

6 hours ago, RightPeg said:

They'll be paying the SFA. I assume by "we" you mean the fans, if that's the case then you surely think all football tops bought by supporters are free advertising for that company. Obviously the size of that team's fan base and level of TV coverage dictates how much it costs a company to get their name on the shirt. 

What I am saying is that I will not and never have bought a football top with any sponsors logo on the principal I will not pay money to display free advertising for a company I may or may not be a customer of.

If other people want to do BT or whoevers advertising for them then that's their business.
I actually know people who turn their 5p carrier bags inside out rather than promote the supermarket or shop.

Personally I do think that's taking things a bit too far though.

Edited by Catchart Circle
spelling error

On 12/11/2019 at 8:47 AM, RightPeg said:

Is it “free advertising” though? You might not be getting paid, but your club is. Isn’t that kinda the point? The sponsor pays the club big bucks (according to level of exposure which would include shirt sales not just the players wearing them in games, on TV, etc and the fact that you might wear it out and about) in exchange for that exposure?

13 hours ago, DaveyDenoon said:

Is it “free advertising” though? You might not be getting paid, but your club is. Isn’t that kinda the point? The sponsor pays the club big bucks (according to level of exposure which would include shirt sales not just the players wearing them in games, on TV, etc and the fact that you might wear it out and about) in exchange for that exposure?

Yeah that was my point to the original post about it. "They'll be paying the SFA." "Obviously the size of that team's fan base and level of TV coverage dictates how much it costs a company to get their name on the shirt."

I'm on your side. 

9 hours ago, RightPeg said:

Yeah that was my point to the original post about it. "They'll be paying the SFA." "Obviously the size of that team's fan base and level of TV coverage dictates how much it costs a company to get their name on the shirt."

I'm on your side. 

Yeah I quoted the wrong post 😂😂🤦‍♂️