New jerseys? - Page 25 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

I don't know if the pattern is supposed to be a nod to the Mexico 86 top, but if it is it would have been wiser not to invite the comparison. 

The bigger problem, though, is the sleeves. I at first thought that was a different top behind it. The red flap looks like it has just been added out of nowhere for no reason. 

All they had to do was remove the black lines from the current top and we were there. 

Ach well. 

14 hours ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Another pic

Screenshot_20191105-212037_Twitter.jpg

That is hideous. I see it has been carefully laid out to emphasise the average scottish physique,  which horizontal stripes do nothing to flatter.

The pattern looks like a monitor you are hooked up to in hospital. 

2 hours ago, AndyDD said:

I don't know if the pattern is supposed to be a nod to the Mexico 86 top, but if it is it would have been wiser not to invite the comparison. 

The bigger problem, though, is the sleeves. I at first thought that was a different top behind it. The red flap looks like it has just been added out of nowhere for no reason. 

All they had to do was remove the black lines from the current top and we were there. 

Ach well. 

It looks like a cross between the 86 kit, but with the 1998 kit more in mind.

Red cuffs make it look like you are wearing a Aberdeen or Wales shirt under it which has longer sleeves than the Scotland shirt.

Have to say I am quite warming to it now when I compare it to the other leaked photos of it which show it in a better light.

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

It looks like a cross between the 86 kit, but with the 1998 kit more in mind.

Red cuffs make it look like you are wearing a Aberdeen or Wales shirt under it which has longer sleeves than the Scotland shirt.

Have to say I am quite warming to it now when I compare it to the other leaked photos of it which show it in a better light.

Ha! This is true. 

Looks like they gave us the same template as the new Germany shirt rather than the Condivo 20 that people were expecting.  All the new adidas shirts have these coloured cuffs but it works better on the German shirt.  Would have been better to just keep the cuffs navy/white, but otherwise I think its OK.

Welsh kit looks like a Chinese kit IMO.

11 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

To think grown adults get themselves into a frenzy about a new shirt then get hit with that effort :lol:

Indeed. Its a fucking shocker right enough. The fat, drunken embarrassing ‘footsoldiers‘ are going to look even more ridiculous poured into that strip.   

21 hours ago, The_Dark_Knight said:

Good shout.

Looks like this is one wave of Scotland shirts that I won't be buying.

Goodness knows how bad the away one will be.

Meanwhile, I'm looking for a Euro 96 and France 98 shirt, so if anyone has one available... I'm a medium. ;) 

Surely you’re an XXL just to get the thing o’er yer heid?

Is there any reason why they can't do a bit of market research, offer us a few options and then go with the most popular?  It might even sell more, which I presume is what they want.  Looks hideous, one of the worst Scotland shirts I have ever seen if the photo is anything to go by.  Adidas have been a disappointment when it should have been so easy, dark blue shirt, three white stripes, white shorts with three dark blue stripes and then we can argue about socks but there are guys on this message board who have designed  a whole lot better...and to think people actually get paid money to come up with this stuff.

8 minutes ago, ElChris04 said:

So it’s a fake?

It is.

In fairness, though, you literally cannot tell the difference. It's not like all the stitching is wonky, etc, and the badge is hanging off.

If you got five fakes and five genuines, muddled them up and lined them up, you wouldn't be able to tell them apart.

DHgate are well worth the money.

I dont mind it-I’m reserving judgement until Sunday when we see the shorts and socks. It would look good with whiteboard shorts and red and navy socks Imo.

One things certain-scotland always play shite with blue socks as we have been doing recently. Standby for blue socks on Sunday then. 

That guy that was on here saying his welsh mate worked for Adidas in designing the kit must have been taking the piss.