New jerseys? - Page 12 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

Wee bit of a run down on some if the design and features.

The front is traditional polyester with a screen print of the pattern from the old Dutch 80s kit, it's really subtle and only shows up in certain light.

The back,sides and arms are polyester but a sort if mesh like the 78 top.

The white stripes down the side are really not that that noticeable  which i was surprised by considering there the length of the top.

The v neck comes a bit down by the badges and it just has a casual loose feel when you wear it. 

There's a little embroidered thistle at the bottom right that youbshould never notice but looks nice. 

It really is a case of less is more it's an absolute belter that hasn't been overly complicated by massive imprints and tacky add ons it really is the shirt purists wanted and replaces 78 and 86 as my all time favourite.

4 minutes ago, jimi hendrix said:

The front is traditional polyester with a screen print of the pattern from the old Dutch 80s kit, it's really subtle and only shows up in certain light.

The white stripes down the side are really not that that noticeable  which i was surprised by considering there the length of the top.

The v neck comes a bit down by the badges and it just has a casual loose feel when you wear it. 

There's a little embroidered thistle at the bottom right that youbshould never notice but looks nice. 

It really is a case of less is more it's an absolute belter that hasn't been overly complicated by massive imprints and tacky add ons it really is the shirt purists wanted and replaces 78 and 86 as my all time favourite.

I admire your enthusiasm but you do realise it’s just a football shirt, right? 

:lol:

20 hours ago, jimi hendrix said:

I know but I've waited 30 odd years for a classic adidas scotland shirt.

Fair enough. Makes a change to see some positivity on here for a change I suppose. 

Personally I’d rather have a winning team that played in a horrible shirt that a team that doesn’t qualify in a nice one. 

Both would be nice though. 

Kids kits come in very small again. Went for 9 to 10yrs one for 7 year old and is not that big. His same age range Brighton Nike kit is quite a bit bigger. keep this in mind if you want then to get maximum wear out of them.

1 hour ago, kmcca5 said:

Kids kits come in very small again. Went for 9 to 10yrs one for 7 year old and is not that big. His same age range Brighton Nike kit is quite a bit bigger. keep this in mind if you want then to get maximum wear out of them.

Adidas tends to be bad for that. My son is in the 11-12 aberdeen kits, which only leaves one more size (13-14) before I have to start getting the adult kits for him, which is a tenner more. He’s 9. They’re not daft with what they’re doing. 

On 07/11/2017 at 10:53 PM, jimi hendrix said:

This. It’s an absolute back of the net. If the team lives up to the kit,it’s happy days!😁

Anyone been able to spy any of the  potential training gear/leisure wear (lol) that might be up for sale soon? I think the northern Irish had  a smart bomber on during the anthems last night. I normally like to purchase a polo shirt and I think there are new ones going about

2 hours ago, JECK said:

Anyone been able to spy any of the  potential training gear/leisure wear (lol) that might be up for sale soon? I think the northern Irish had  a smart bomber on during the anthems last night. I normally like to purchase a polo shirt and I think there are new ones going about

Renew your membership in January and you’ll probably get a god awful polo shirt in your pack. :lol:

To be fair, the one we got 4 years ago wasn’t bad. 

2 hours ago, DizzyVizion said:

Pricing issues aside, I think it's a really beautiful Scotland strip.

The medium size feels like the exact same fit as the previous strip.

I bought it because I like it, but it did cost me £51. Steep!

The last Scotland top I bought was the Fila one that was out about 20 years ago and that cost me around £45. 

A £6 increase (albeit with a discount) in 20 years isn’t bad.

Replica strips have always been a rip off. That’s why I don’t buy them anymore. 

I’ve had a few Ali express/ Dh gate ones for the kids, and the pink away for myself, which was spot on.

International ones are ideal, as my only complaint with the kids ones has been the sponsors falling off.

Worth a try at £11 odds

https://m.dhgate.com/product/best-quality-2018-scotland-soccer-jersey/406475560.html#s3-20-1;searl|2553078736

Edited by sbcmfc

12 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

The last Scotland top I bought was the Fila one that was out about 20 years ago and that cost me around £45. 

Fair play mate. They are very pricey for what is in effect just a t-shirt you wear for kicking a ball around in.

This new strip is a thing of beauty- a real classic, so when the price eventually drops I'd highly recommend getting one.

I should add that I bought mine for £51 after a 15% discount using my SSC card... but my bank account still felt it.

Edited by DizzyVizion
Additional detail

23 minutes ago, binobear said:

Mine came - but no flag or museum pass as advertised

anyone else had same issue ? 

Stomp down to your local JD sports, grab the store manager by the throat and DEMAND satisfaction!

Just kidding.

The free flag is nothing to write home about tbh.

19 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Its a bit steeper than that.

The 2011 shirt (the 'Harry Hill') was £45 (from Scottish Football Direct aka Greaves)

The 2013 shirt (with silver badge) was £52 (from JD)

The 2015 white sleeved shirt was £55 (from JD)

This one is £60.

I make that £15 in 6 years.  But who's counting :)

Still, at least that's cheaper than the strips on the actual Adidas website, which go for £69 a pop.

10 minutes ago, Jamesie Cotter said:

Its a bit steeper than that.

The 2011 shirt (the 'Harry Hill') was £45 (from Scottish Football Direct aka Greaves)

The 2013 shirt (with silver badge) was £52 (from JD)

The 2015 white sleeved shirt was £55 (from JD)

This one is £60.

I make that £15 in 6 years.  But who's counting :)

Still, at least that's cheaper than the strips on the actual Adidas website, which go for £69 a pop.

The "Harry Hill" haha magic fella. Was looking at that top randomly the other day. That could have been the best of the lot had it not been for that fkin collar.