Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 87 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What a pile of p1sh

Is it really ? :whistling:

Edited by Ally Bongo

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

What a pile of p1sh

Agreed. What a f***ing contorted way of looking at the world. I hate Rangers as much as the next man, but it's absolutely ridiculous to label their entire support bigots who only vote according to the chosen team of candidates. There's a million and one other ways the SNP need to up their game before we have to start selecting orangemen and loyalists as candidates. What next, start supporting orange walks in order to court the loyalist vote? 

There are many in the independence support losing their absolute mind and the above p*** is representative of what happens when you want something so bad you lose sight of even basic sense. About time many sobered up, stepped away from the campaign for a while and refocused.

5 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Agreed. What a f***ing contorted way of looking at the world. I hate Rangers as much as the next man, but it's absolutely ridiculous to label their entire support bigots who only vote according to the chosen team of candidates. There's a million and one other ways the SNP need to up their game before we have to start selecting orangemen and loyalists as candidates. What next, start supporting orange walks in order to court the loyalist vote? 

There are many in the independence support losing their absolute mind and the above p*** is representative of what happens when you want something so bad you lose sight of even basic sense. About time many sobered up, stepped away from the campaign for a while and refocused.

I think the two of you need to get out a little - or go visit a staunch Unionist area - i fvcking live next to one

Go on FB or Twitter and it's all there for you to see

And you have spun my post way out of context with your orangemen candidates

The Conservative party have successfully partly ulsterised Scotland and made themselves the Protestant party

Both of you are in fvcking denial of the country we live in

Edited by Ally Bongo

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

I think the two of you need to get out a little - or go visit a staunch Unionist area - i fvcking live next to one

The Conservative party have successfully partly ulsterised Scotland and made themselves the Protestant party

I think you have a point, but is it a vocal minority?

There are plenty well rounded intelligent folk out there, but the thickos tend to make the most noise.

25 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What a pile of p1sh

19 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Indeed. One of the most stupid posts i've ever seen on here, and i include Saltire Lover's postings in that. :lol: 

42 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Are you thick or just acting stupid?

Whatever it is you have my sympathy.

PS - I'm from Ayrshire, I am well aware of the social demographics of Scotland. Thanks for enlightening me though.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Are you thick or just acting stupid?

Whatever it is you have my sympathy.

PS - I'm from Ayrshire, I am well aware of the social demographics of Scotland. Thanks for enlightening me though.

Lets start again and forget my original post as it's obviously too near the knuckle for all you sweeter than sweet good guy nationalists who cant believe anyone could possibly act in such a manner

The SNP and Yes movement should make it less easy for themselves to be tarred as Sinn Fein by the bigots in Scotland

Everybody happy ? ;)

6 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

The SNP and Yes movement should make it less easy for themselves to be tarred as Sinn Fein by the bigots in Scotland

The SNP could appoint Ally McCoist as leader and he'd be labelled a Taig loving wannabe spudmuncher by those clowns.

On 2017-6-12 at 11:38 AM, ParisInAKilt said:

Which is owned and operated internationally. The corporate media will always be hostile towards independence and those who support it. 

The story is complete nonsense, it'll be news if and when they vote against the E&W Tories.

That said, I suggest you look more closely at the Guardian's ownership.  One of very few "non-corporate" news titles around.

57 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Lets start again and forget my original post as it's obviously too near the knuckle for all you sweeter than sweet good guy nationalists who cant believe anyone could possibly act in such a manner

Everybody happy ? ;)

Eh? I'm well aware of how some folk, particularly in the West Coast of Scotland think. Christ, two tits from my hometown got jailtime for sending a bomb to Neil Lennon, whilst the local Orange Hall were an internet hit with their inbred rendition of a Killers song.

That doesn't mean that I can't say your initial post was nonsense. A few Rangers fans in the SNP won't EVER persuade these folk to vote SNP, it's against everything they stand for. You could put up John Greig in Yellow Rosette and these clowns would call him a taig.

8 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Eh? I'm well aware of how some folk, particularly in the West Coast of Scotland think. Christ, two tits from my hometown got jailtime for sending a bomb to Neil Lennon, whilst the local Orange Hall were an internet hit with their inbred rendition of a Killers song.

That doesn't mean that I can't say your initial post was nonsense. A few Rangers fans in the SNP won't EVER persuade these folk to vote SNP, it's against everything they stand for. You could put up John Greig in Yellow Rosette and these clowns would call him a taig.

Thats why i said to forget my initial post - i should have worded it better

My amended post was more to the point - and still stands

A lot of the SNP and Yes movement enflame that kind of nonsense when it's easier not to 

9 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

4 nominations for SNP leader : Drew Hendry, Iain Blackford, Tommy Sheppard, and Joanna Cherry.

I really only know Joanna Cherry and Tommy Sheppard  well enough to make a choice out of those 4 and would find it difficult , despite them being fairly different candidates. Tommy Sheppard probably appeals more to the left wing , it really depends what image the party wants to project going forward. Would be a boost for him having missed out in the Deputy Leader contest , ironically to Angus Robertson , but Joanna Cherry is pretty impressive. 

13 minutes ago, Regenmann said:

I hope he's withdrawn for a good scrub followed by appointments with a barber and decent tailor. Always looks like he has spent the night upside down in a hedge.

Tory in 'image versus substance'  shocker..

8 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

What a pile of p1sh

You would like to think so wouldn't you, but I'll bet there's an element of truth in it.

What can't be denied is that is the level of intelligence of a significant portion of our electorate.

8 hours ago, DonnyTJS said:

^ I can't imagine how a Scottish government would be able to "deliver all of its policies" under a PR electoral system that would presumably pertain...

Well, they managed to agree on asking Mother Teresa for permission to have another independence ref. Which if you believe what you are told is the most divisive policy imaginable. 

I'm am fairly sure no party in government has ever delivered all of it's policies. I think compromise is good.

He is imagining a government which has the power to deliver which is different to actually delivering.