Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 84 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

How do polling cards come out of a sealed box in a neat bundle with elastic bands on them ?

Recount you say ?

Look at the text and cards are not put back in the box after being counted

DB_saswXoAEDC2z.jpg

Edited by Ally Bongo

Just gets better

BREAK: DUP has NOT yet reached any agreement with the Tories. Sky sources: Downing Street issued the wrong statement in error.

2 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Of course.  It is a personal opinion but I don't think Mr Salmond is a popular choice.  He's seen as the face of independence despite his experience and I personally feel that independence needs to take a back seat for now.  

I don't really have much to add to that if I'm honest.  Just a general observer..  

Sorry for a bland response.

and lose a lot of support in the process loads of folk on facebook and twitter were raging when Nicola made that speech yesterday about thinking things through .. a helleva lot of Yessers/SNP voted Labour to support Jeremy Corbyn and not Kezia Dugdale why else did Labour's support zoomed up to 27% from 15-17%

the majority want a referendum before Brexit is finalised

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

What did I tip? Ignore all the rest of my tips, I generally lose :lol:

I can't remember any posts like this on here after the 2015 election...

Without trawling through the thread someone tipped torys no majority at 12-1..sure it was you

21 hours ago, Parklife said:

What did I tip? Ignore all the rest of my tips, I generally lose :lol:

I can't remember any posts like this on here after the 2015 election...

Without trawling through the thread someone tipped torys no majority at 12-1..sure it was you

Holyrood goes into summer recess in 3 short weeks, back in September.

Ideal time for reflecting on result, and planning for a potential 2nd election, get a feel for how Brexit is going, and committees on currency/deficit needed for any indyref2 will report.

Nicola going anywhere after a set back which still left us with 60% seats, would hurt us massively - she needs to and will stay.

4 hours ago, jockodile said:

Nicola going anywhere after a set back which still left us with 60% seats, would hurt us massively - she needs to and will stay.

I agree although there's now calls for "Mr Sturgeon" to quit. Not sure how that would affect the leadership dynamic...

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15340704.MacAskill__Sturgeon___s_husband_should_be_dumped_as_SNP_chief_executive/

10 hours ago, Mindimoo said:

Of course.  It is a personal opinion but I don't think Mr Salmond is a popular choice.  He's seen as the face of independence despite his experience and I personally feel that independence needs to take a back seat for now.  

I don't really have much to add to that if I'm honest.  Just a general observer..  

Sorry for a bland response.

I don't think it is a coincidence that first Salmond was made into the problem and now it is Nicola's turn. They are going to do this to every leader of the SNP in the hope the party self immolates looking for this perfect leader who the masses will love. Never happen. I learnt that with the antipathy towards Salmond. They hated him so much because they hated what he argued for so well. Nicola is less effective (not a lot but she is) so they hate her less.

From what it looks like in Gordon there has been an organized campaign by the liberals to vote tory to cost him seat. The reason they were so desperate to take him out is Salmond is very very good at what he does. I am actually pretty disgusted by what happened there. The lib-dems are colossal pieces of shit. Scumbag party.

31 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I don't think it is a coincidence that first Salmond was made into the problem and now it is Nicola's turn. They are going to do this to every leader of the SNP in the hope the party self immolates looking for this perfect leader who the masses will love. Never happen. I learnt that with the antipathy towards Salmond. They hated him so much because they hated what he argued for so well. Nicola is less effective (not a lot but she is) so they hate her less.

From what it looks like in Gordon there has been an organized campaign by the liberals to vote tory to cost him seat. The reason they were so desperate to take him out is Salmond is very very good at what he does. I am actually pretty disgusted by what happened there. The lib-dems are colossal pieces of shit. Scumbag party.

I wouldn't disagree with that personally.  I'm just hearing what people are saying, right or wrong.  As I said I'm not much more than a general observer as too much other stuff going on in life right now.  I'll continue to follow (with great interest) from the sidelines. :ok: 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Great post.

Any perceived threat must be stamped out - mainstream unionist media policy.

In the Sunday Times today they quote a DUP source who says they want Farage on the Brexit negotiating team ....

Edited by Ally Bongo

2 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

In the Sunday Times today they quote a DUP source who says they want Farage on the Brexit negotiating team ....

Their main goal is to maintain a free border with the republic. That wont happen with hard brexit. 

5 hours ago, thplinth said:

Completely agree with this. I dont want NS to step down as I think it would give the media a field day plus I think she is far too important to the Snp. You could appoint Nelson Mandela (RIP) as the Snp leader and he would still be slaughtered. 

However, if she did step down then Alex Salmond would be my choice. The Snp are damned if they do and damned if they dont, they may as well appoint someone strong like Salmond. Plus, without a constituency , he cant be accused of neglecting his duties. 

Cannot see NS stepping down though. 

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

Their main goal is to maintain a free border with the republic. That wont happen with hard brexit. 

28 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Aye, that quote makes no sense. 

J

I believe the DUP were the only party in Northern Ireland that campaigned for Brexit

They were determined that the UK leaves the EU and their ideas on immigration border on racism

It's not as if people werent warned - this is from 3 years ago and prior to the 2015 election

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/politics/intolerance-and-the-dup/24/06/

Wanting a free border with the republic might be a goal but it is not their main one otherwise they wouldnt have been pro Brexit

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

I believe the DUP were the only party in Northern Ireland that campaigned for Brexit

They were determined that the UK leaves the EU and their ideas on immigration border on racism

It's not as if people werent warned - this is from 3 years ago and prior to the 2015 election

http://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/politics/intolerance-and-the-dup/24/06/

Wanting a free border with the republic might be a goal but it is not their main one otherwise they wouldnt have been pro Brexit

I lived / studied in Belfast in the 80s but am rather out of touch with Ulster politics.  I think DUP at the very least will ask for a shed load of money for Northern Ireland as the price to pay to prop up theTories and if thats all they ask it wouldn't be the worst thing - might even compensate for the money N.Ireland will lose from the EU!.  DUP maybe socially conservative, but they've had MPs at WM for years and may well take a more pragmatic stance than people think.  Quite what the implications are for Brexit I haven't got a clue!

Edited by Hertsscot

On 10/06/2017 at 11:52 AM, kumnio said:

Ruth Davidson is a cnt. That's pretty much all that needs to be said. 

In the entire 51 years of my life, I think she is the only person who I don't know, that I genuinely hate. Horrible, horrible woman.