Travel from Trieste, Italy to Ljubiana? - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Travel from Trieste, Italy to Ljubiana?

Alternative could be a taxi over the border to Koper and its a direct line from there to Ljubljana - we did this in reverse coming home from the game in Koper

I think the taxi was about €20 and took 20 minutes and the train was about 2 hours and cost under a tenner each - for cargo, there's a Lidl pretty much over the road from the train staion in Koper

Edited by DeeRus

• 2 months later...

I think I'm on that flight to Trieste from Stansted on the 7th.  I was looking at a transfer company called Go Opti - airport transfer direct from Trieste airport into Ljubljana was about £29.  Saves messing about way trains and buses etc.

11 hours ago, JD1980 said:

I think I'm on that flight to Trieste from Stansted on the 7th.  I was looking at a transfer company called Go Opti - airport transfer direct from Trieste airport into Ljubljana was about £29.  Saves messing about way trains and buses etc.

3 of us also on that flight. 

What time does that transfer get into Ljubljana?  We are thinking of staying in Trieste but nothing booked yet. 

26 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

3 of us also on that flight. 

What time does that transfer get into Ljubljana?  We are thinking of staying in Trieste but nothing booked yet. 

I was looking at booking it for about 10pm-ish it only takes about an hour and a half so was going to see what the night life in Ljubljana was like.  I've not booked it or anything, I'm still trying to sort my travel from Riga into Vilnius out!

Flying out on same flight as you - being transferred to Koper with accommodation provider (60 euros for 3 of us) and the apartment owner has said he would get train tickets for us at 21 euros return to Ljubiana. I haven't got accommodation reserved in the capital yet but will need to as last "day return" time is 5.45pm on Sunday so plant to stay over and return to Koper late on Monday (staying for the week for a late "holiday").

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

2 more just booked on the Trieste flight from Stansted on Saturday night and home same route on Monday night.

I've been looking at the travel options, ie Trieste, Koper or just heading to Ljubljana. We could be interested in sharing a minibus to Ljubljana if anyone has something booked.

Other than that, the Go Opti shuttle looked good option.

On 7/1/2017 at 4:41 AM, JD1980 said:

I've just done the exact same mate!

I just emailed our accommodation in Ljubljana, as they offer an airport pick-up.

Cost is €90 one way from Trieste airport to Ljubljana for 2-4 people. I noticed the Go Opti is a bit open on timings, but if another two want to share a transfer that'll get us straight off the flight and direct to Ljubljana, then let me know. £20-£25 each is pretty good I reckon.

1 hour ago, 'Well Plaid said:

I booked two on the Go Opti straight to our accommodation from that Stansted flight. We'll probably all be on same minibus or couple of cars, and hopefully get on the road quickly.

Sounds good, 'Well Plaid. When I was on their site recently, I noticed it doesn't seem to make a difference to price how many folk are using the service as it's done on a per person basis. Did you select a specific time slot?  If so, what was it? I was thinking 9.15 should give us enough time to go through customs and find them as we are scheduled to arrive at 8.45.

Edited by RabtheBruce

3 hours ago, RabtheBruce said:

Sounds good, 'Well Plaid. When I was on their site recently, I noticed it doesn't seem to make a difference to price how many folk are using the service as it's done on a per person basis. Did you select a specific time slot?  If so, what was it? I was thinking 9.15 should give us enough time to go through customs and find them as we are scheduled to arrive at 8.45.

I went for the middle option, which was sometime between 9.30 and 10.30. My thinking was that if there's a few of us getting off that flight, and were booked with them, then they'll fill a vehicle and hit the road.

4 minutes ago, 'Well Plaid said:

I went for the middle option, which was sometime between 9.30 and 10.30. My thinking was that if there's a few of us getting off that flight, and were booked with them, then they'll fill a vehicle and hit the road.

I think you're right with that accessment. We will book for 9.30. We should all be in the bars/clubs of Ljubljana by midnight :)