Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

It is like that movie “Invasion of the Brain Snatchers”. Yes I know that should be Body but clearly this problem has mutated. It is like Donald Sutherland in the final scene when he encounters the last tamber with a brain.

5 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Totally agree mate. These whanks really should have a word with themselves. 🙂

So what did they say?

45 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Coincidentally, I watched it last night.

I had the recording saved for some time and was wanting to revisit it, but did't have time until Boxing Day.

Yeah... how was it?

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

Yeah... how was it?

I really enjoyed it.

Always good to see 'Spock' in another role.

(He and Goldblum's characters hated each other, but I hated them both.)

The original gained notoriety because of what some people had read into it... the fear of a soulless people/nation due to the spread of communism.

I just watched it as if Christians/Truthers were being hunted by those that had accepted the 'world' and it worked just fine. :wink2:

• 2 months later...

I see the mods have locked the Scottish cup thread.

I'm not sure what they hope to achieve by doing that, they've let this place sink to a level it won't recover from so it's hardly surprising the levels of abuse have gone up.

There used to be some great posters and debates on here and you could have civil conversations with people about football but now its just another version of old Scotland mad board. Some Posters are only here to wind others up, usually successfully too or they're here to abuse others and pass it off as football banter.

I know I've been abusive but it's always aimed at those whose purpose seems to be ruining the board with their petty nonsense.

Even the TA specific forum is repetitive pish nowadays. 

Yip.  Not an overly enjoyable place to hang about these days.  In fact it's getting that bad that pretty soon I'll be spending more time doing my job than reading and posting shite on here and that is not what i signed up for! :mad:

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I see the mods have locked the Scottish cup thread.

I'm not sure what they hope to achieve by doing that, they've let this place sink to a level it won't recover from so it's hardly surprising the levels of abuse have gone up.

There used to be some great posters and debates on here and you could have civil conversations with people about football but now its just another version of old Scotland mad board. Some Posters are only here to wind others up, usually successfully too or they're here to abuse others and pass it off as football banter.

I know I've been abusive but it's always aimed at those whose purpose seems to be ruining the board with their petty nonsense.

Even the TA specific forum is repetitive pish nowadays. 

I,like you have been abusive mainly toward people whom are ok using terms like Sevco, Hun, fenian, vermin, inbred, wankers etc.

Using derogatory terms against posters will always get a reaction even if you deem it the only way to get a point across. This will always bring a debate to gutter level.

We may not agree but we are Scottish and will always fight fire with fire.

Using language we use in the house or work should be the norm but as soon as we see any post negatively reflecting your team we ALL resort to name calling.

21 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

I,like you have been abusive mainly toward people whom are ok using terms like Sevco, Hun, fenian, vermin, inbred, wankers etc.

Using derogatory terms against posters will always get a reaction even if you deem it the only way to get a point across. This will always bring a debate to gutter level.

Using language we use in the house or work should be the norm but as soon as we see any post negatively reflecting your team we ALL resort to name calling.

why would you abusive towards someone using the term sevco or hun?

This is part of the problem nowadays, people getting offended by terms that are in no way offensive even if you want them to be

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

Yip.  Not an overly enjoyable place to hang about these days.  In fact it's getting that bad that pretty soon I'll be spending more time doing my job than reading and posting shite on here and that is not what i signed up for! :mad:

hahaha same here😂

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

why would you abusive towards someone using the term sevco or hun?

This is part of the problem nowadays, people getting offended by terms that are in no way offensive even if you want them to be

yip, confirms it..why would I not be offended by a derogatory tem associated with barbarians? or enemies you would shoot at in wartime? as tho I should just accept it.

And again you wonder why the TAMB is shot

Sevco is a wind up I get it. With wind ups you get a reaction, just saying..

You are the one who wants reasonable debate but see no issues here..grow up

5 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

yip, confirms it..why would I not be offended by a derogatory tem associated with barbarians? or enemies you would shoot at in wartime? as tho I should just accept it.

And again you wonder why the TAMB is shot

Sevco is a wind up I get it. With wind ups you get a reaction, just saying..

You are the one who wants reasonable debate but see no issues here..grow up

absolute nonsense and you know it, you've basically just proved my point. You are one of the ultimate victims on here

Its like me being offended by the term sheep shagger or a united fan being offended by the term arab. Neither are offensive

I'd be willing to bet you are not in anyway offended by the terms above, you are on the wind up.

Edited by vanderark14

46 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

absolute nonsense and you know it, you've basically just proved my point. You are one of the ultimate victims on here

Its like me being offended by the term sheep shagger or a united fan being offended by the term arab. Neither are offensive

I'd be willing to bet you are not in anyway offended by the terms above, you are on the wind up.

Maybe not to you but I'm pretty sure plenty folk from Aberdeen support don't share your view. Not really necessary in a discussion regarding football is my point.

lets be civil and discuss the game yesterday and not necessarily the fans or the media as they also aim to be devisive and controversial to sell papers or drag in viewers.

I felt Rangers were lucky to come away with a draw as Aberdeen bullied them to every ball, Rangers were to predictable in playing most of the game on the right wing again and trying too many short passes in a tight space on a difficult surface. Your  midfield gave us no space to play and we resorted to the long ball to Morales who was posted missing or hitting on the counter with little or no effect.

I focussed on Kamara again and am still not convinced he is going to be a regular as he was caught ball watching too many times.

Constadine will be a big loss to you as his height terrified our 2 tallest players, I always thought we would lose a goal every time a high ball was able to be played into the area. MacGregor has had to be relied upon far too much this season.

Any team that plays us with Barasic at left back should be playing everything at him as he cannot defend especially with Worrell playing beside him. 

I feel your chance has gone as without Consadine and possibly Mackey Steven your threat up front is drastically reduced

🙏

ps, No Surrender.....😎

28 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Maybe not to you but I'm pretty sure plenty folk from Aberdeen support don't share your view. Not really necessary in a discussion regarding football is my point.

lets be civil and discuss the game yesterday and not necessarily the fans or the media as they also aim to be devisive and controversial to sell papers or drag in viewers.

I felt Rangers were lucky to come away with a draw as Aberdeen bullied them to every ball, Rangers were to predictable in playing most of the game on the right wing again and trying too many short passes in a tight space on a difficult surface. Your  midfield gave us no space to play and we resorted to the long ball to Morales who was posted missing or hitting on the counter with little or no effect.

I focussed on Kamara again and am still not convinced he is going to be a regular as he was caught ball watching too many times.

Constadine will be a big loss to you as his height terrified our 2 tallest players, I always thought we would lose a goal every time a high ball was able to be played into the area. MacGregor has had to be relied upon far too much this season.

Any team that plays us with Barasic at left back should be playing everything at him as he cannot defend especially with Worrell playing beside him. 

I feel your chance has gone as without Consadine and possibly Mackey Steven your threat up front is drastically reduced

🙏

ps, No Surrender.....😎

Sorry, Cosgrove, I seem obsessed by Consadine 

3 hours ago, EddardStark said:

This thread reminds me of the Brextreemists who constantly refer back to the glory days of the empire. 

I see what your saying but its hard to avoid the recent, lethal Chripper and Rolling Hills ‘one two’ combination to the TAMB’s head. Standing count for sure. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2019 at 3:28 AM, The White Ceelo said:

Shut yer monkey hole you Hun cunt.