Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

On 4/11/2017 at 10:18 AM, dandydunn said:

We don't get threads looking for dating tips anymore. 

Or the ever famous "bumped into my ex last night". That was an epic one ©wembley67lisbon :lol:

Those carefree days are gone,never to return,I blame the likes of Facebook and tinder as it's far easier to get your hole now than it was back then,tips and advice aren't needed anymore. 

Remember jimbers and his romantic quandry over the lassie fae the bus station? a true classic

18 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Try having a romantic conversation on the phone and your next door neighbour suddenly cuts into the conversation from absolutely nowhere telling you to fook off and that you had been on long enough.  Party lines were great for nosying in on other peoples lives.  

Then there was the massive gamble of meeting your date outside Goldberg's on Gauze Street in Paisley (the official Paisley date meeting point) where you would line up with all the other gamblers at 7.30 on a Saturday night. Watching the poor sod next to you do the walk of shame after the 5th look at his watch.

FYI I NEVER had to do that walk of shame (Obvs!).

2 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

-.--  ---  ..- / -.-.  .-  -. / .--  ---  .-.  -.-  / ..  - /  ---  ..-  -  /  -.--  ---  ..-  .-.  ...  .  .-..  ..-.  / -  ....  ---  ..-  --.  ....

অবশেষে

3 hours ago, BlueGaz said:

-.--  ---  ..- / -.-.  .-  -. / .--  ---  .-.  -.-  / ..  - /  ---  ..-  -  /  -.--  ---  ..-  .-.  ...  .  .-..  ..-.  / -  ....  ---  ..-  --.  ....

-.. --- -. - / --. . - / -- . / ... - .- .-. - . -.. / -.-- .- / -... .- --

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, mariokempes56 said:

-.. --- -. - / --. . - / -- . / ... - .- .-. - . -.. / -.-- .- / -... .- --

Ok, I will curb it there.

22 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mind the burds who got their tits out in Pandora's before a game about 10 years ago? I'm sure one of them posted on here. Pretty sure they were pals with Hawkeye and his boy, Richie?

I knew them, worked in Stirling with one of them at that time.

This place does feel like it is hanging on by its fingernails at the moment, even allowing for any 'not wanting to sound like your Dad talking about modern music' factors. As for the reasons why, most have probably been covered above. There have always been plenty of roasters on here, but in the past there were also more than enough good posters to make it worth while. Now the proportion of good guys to w@nks is such that it generally isn't worth bothering with. Too many just can't get past the club thing (although there has always been a good old fashioned clusterfck after a bad Aberdeen result against one of the teams they seem to particularly dislike) and almost any thread on AOB seems quickly to be overtaken by a few screechers who confuse smartarse abuse for debate.

2 hours ago, Marky said:

Then there was the massive gamble of meeting your date outside Goldberg's on Gauze Street in Paisley (the official Paisley date meeting point) where you would line up with all the other gamblers at 7.30 on a Saturday night. Watching the poor sod next to you do the walk of shame after the 5th look at his watch.

FYI I NEVER had to do that walk of shame (Obvs!).

Paying your big sister to be on standby to turn up is NOT the same as never having to do the walk of shame ?

twitter and social media news items doesn't help either.  people looked for places to vent..  Twitter and facebook groups largely does that job with in platform links to whatever you're talking about.

ive started posting again as there's a lull in work.  

seems like a lot of regular posters have dissappeared.  reekysporran, calmac, hawkeye, 

maybe they've all moved onto chalfronts st peter.

There's generally a freefall in patter in the Tartan Army across the board.  never used to be but seems that way now.  

used to get a laugh but it's all serious now.  political events prob don't help.

53 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

...political events prob don't help.

For 'political' events you could read an almost total take over of the board by SNP zealots. 

Happened long before the referendum.

I don't think the referendum that people have mentioned as a reason has changed much. The board lost a lot of users well before that.

The board was always very pro SNP and around elections times such as in 2007 it was heavily discussed with a huge pro SNP slant.

And the percentage of unionists on here is tiny. How many unionist users left due to the referendum? I probably used the board more during the referendum as it as always good to get up to date info and there was alwyas a chat on any main issue or event. Someone used to give a good heads up of polls etc which I often found out about first via here.

16 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Lol @ rossy claiming to be the paragon of virtue here. 

I know what you mean Scooby. Bloody internet. I used to think that Greenock was a complete $h1tehole full of smelly soapdodgers and then the Internet came along and proved that it.........oh....wait a minute....that didnae work. 

ETA. Quoted the wrong post. Meant to quote the one before. Nae offence Rossy! :ok:

Edited by Marky

1 hour ago, neil r said:

For 'political' events you could read an almost total take over of the board by SNP zealots. 

Happened long before the referendum.

Who are the SNP 'zealots' ?? As compared to those who simply prefer the SNP as a party or who support independance .

20 minutes ago, neil r said:

It really wasn't.

Always the impression I got.

Any poll that was done pre election was always massively in favour of The SNP. All the election threads back in the day were also very SNP slanted. Can't say I remember any popular threads supporting any other party but loads that were pro SNP.

And on a similar theme come the announcement of the referendum there was only a tiny percebtage of unionists here anyway. The numbers 9f unionists that left would be miniscule.

47 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Who are the SNP 'zealots' ?? As compared to those who simply prefer the SNP as a party or who support independence .

And its exactly that kind of post that that kills the place.

Thank me for fixing your quote later.

6 minutes ago, neil r said:

Really? I am genuinely interested to know who the zealots are and am simply asking you to name them. I am questioning your post that say its the Snp zealots who have killed this board when infact I can think of very few who are 'fanatical and uncompromising ' about the Snp. You think a handful of posters are to blame.? 

13 minutes ago, neil r said:

Someone asking a questions kills this place??

I think it is more childish posts like your one that does that!

26 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

Someone asking a questions kills this place??

I think it is more childish posts like your one that does that!

Nah was more the greetin' "name the zealots" tone. The threads about what you think is killing this board and, in my opinion, both the influx of the SNP nut huggers hihacking every single thread and the tone of any 'challenge' or 'dissent' (for want of a better phrase) toward that.

If you want to question it feel free but Im fcked if I can be arsed debating it with the very people and in the very manner that I think is driving most people away.

But aye, childish if you want it to be. Point is that hardly anyone, myself include, really cares anymore. If they did then this thread wouldnt exist.

21 minutes ago, neil r said:

Nah was more the greetin' "name the zealots" tone. The threads about what you think is killing this board and, in my opinion, both the influx of the SNP nut huggers hihacking every single thread and the tone of any 'challenge' or 'dissent' (for want of a better phrase) toward that.

If you want to question it feel free but Im fcked if I can be arsed debating it with the very people and in the very manner that I think is driving most people away.

But aye, childish if you want it to be. Point is that hardly anyone, myself include, really cares anymore. If they did then this thread wouldnt exist.

'Greetin tone ' ?, oh the irony.