Tamb - where did it all go wrong? - Page 14 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tamb - where did it all go wrong?

:( Must admit my posting has dropped off significantly over the last couple of years, but this is still the place I come to in the run up to & aftermath of Scotland games. 

Does seem an odd time to knock it on the head when we are potentially 6 weeks away from making it to our 1st major finals since the TAMB was even a thing! Surely it is not beyond the reason of man to give it until our fate is established? A world cup finals appearance could be the thing to get the lifeblood pumping through the TAMB once again.

Disappointing, but probably inevitable.

I've been on here since 2003 and like most used it for 'debate', bus pick ups, meets etc. I found it to be a particularly invaluable resource when I did the boat charter from Vienna to Bratislava last year.

I'll miss it. I'll give some of the other sites a go but I doubt I'll use them as much.

Was there ever a tamb night oot? We should have one to mark it's demise lol

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

I've been on here since 2003 and like most used it for 'debate', bus pick ups, meets etc. I found it to be a particularly invaluable resource when I did the boat charter from Vienna to Bratislava last year.

I'll miss it. I'll give some of the other sites a go but I doubt I'll use them as much.

There were night outs. I never attended i heard a few good stories.

Someone needs to write a book about the TAMB ( I nominate Donny) just too much crazy shit over the years for it not to be documented in some way. From the night of the Long Knives preceding it's current incarnation in 2003 through Jimbers bus station girl, Kraaigh , Grazia, webcams, trying to get most profile views with fake links etc. "FREE THE BIG GINGER RIDE" , and advice on gas cookers etc.

15 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yeah, there were a few TAMB Glasgow nights out & a couple in Aberdeen as well I think :ok:

wow. I visited and posted on here yesterday for the first time in 2 or 3 years.  Wasn't expecting the lights to go out imminently.  Then again, I used to visit every day after transferring across to the new site after the night of the long knives, so if my experience is typical then maybe not so much of a surprise that the TAMB is on its way to the Dignitas clinic.

I didn't exactly decide not to visit as much, it was more that many of the good points about it - most posters seemed to be generally good-natured, fun, positive, well-informed about the team, it was enjoyable to read - didn't seem to apply as much.  Too much petty abuse, negativity, threads often dominated by a handful of folk having an argument.

Still good to see some top drawer posters on this thread though!  Thanks for the memories...

Wow, from what to order at a coffee shop on a date, hitting on a certain wee cutie that used to post, crying at W67L when he seen his ex in a bar, gambling stories, golf tips about where to play and even discussing football now and again, it's a sad day that this place has died. 

Its been inevitable for a while though, new format, quote function being a pain in the arse, stupid arguments and some absolute morons posting have all contributed to the death. 

I have no idea what I will do with my safari after this place goes, it's been my go to button for years. 

1 hour ago, phart said:

Grazia, webcams, trying to get most profile views with fake links etc.

3 of my favourite threads there. I wish we knew who was making the posts on teh Grazia website! With only a few months left on here, if the culprit is still posting, he should come clean :lol: 

Hawkeye and is webcam is outrageous :lol: 

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

crying at W67L when he seen his ex in a bar

That was a belter. One of those where you know he's gotten up in the morning, saw his posts and cringed the biggest cringe of his life! 

16 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

I have no idea what I will do with my safari after this place goes, it's been my go to button for years. 

Snap. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

3 of my favourite threads there. I wish we knew who was making the posts on teh Grazia website! With only a few months left on here, if the culprit is still posting, he should come clean :lol: 

I think you could probably take an educated guess :lol:

We need a Truth and Reconciliation thread for any shenanigans.

I already confessed to my main crime years ago, of down-voting Kernie's posts everyday when we had that system as I thought it was funny he was getting bothered by what amounted to a popularity competition, little did i know it would result in him leaving.

The real crazy thing is i've had the same signature for ages, the one about if you wait by the river long enough you'll find your enemies float by, which was in direct reference to me being the last one off the TAMB vote, i don't post in 5 days but change my signature to one about measuring oneself against oneself and the day after it is done, the board get's closed.

What am I going to spend my time on now?   Pie & Bovril?   Need to avoid Facebook.

Where am I going to get news?   Always started from here.   How will I know who's deid?

Pre & post game stuff?   Ticket & travel info?   Even picked up a few good tunes.

This is a big loss for me.   Shite week after realising I won't get a Slovenia ticket.